270soft Forum

Gamer Questions

How much of an Epic Gamer are you?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played any games in the Half Life series?

2. 2. Have you played any Elder Scrolls Games?

3. 3. Have you played any Fallout Games? ***Fallout Shelter Doesn't Count :P

4. 4. Have you played any of the Deus Ex Games? (Specifically the first, or Human Revolution)

5. 5. Have you played any Paradox Grand Strategy Games? (HOI4, CK2, CK3, etc.)

1 minute ago, jnewt said:

Actually, I have played Cities: Skylines, not sure if that counts though

Of course it does, you still really should try Vic/HOI/CK/EU though.

16 hours ago, PringlesN7 said:

I want to get an idea of how many epic gamers we have on the forum. I'll be very surprised if I see people saying they've played Deus Ex. 

I have not played one of them. I have played Civilization 2, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Colonization, the Ultima Series, the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale Series, part of the Might and Magic Series, Wasteland (a precursor to the Fallout series), the Age of Empires/Mythology series (and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, which uses a variant of the Age of Empires 2 engine, and is NOT Star Wars: Battlefront), the Warcraft series (as well as World of Warcraft), Starcraft 1, Empire Earth 1, Star Wars: Rebellion, the Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle-earth 2, Master of Orion 2, and few others, none of which, inexplicably and beyond any rational and sane explanation, are not on the poll list, and I am appalled and shocked at the lack of ALL of them.

I have become a RPG player while getting older, what I love in good RPGs is freedom.

I felt in love with Assassin's Creed Odissey, while I wasn't very hiped to play initially, I passed the lockdown killing the game. I have been fidelized back to the serie thanks to the RPG.

There are very few RPGs I like, I LOVED Kingdom Come.

And for CK2 I played a lot to this game while I was a teenager (especially to the GoT mod), now that I am older I love the CK3 model while again I wasn't very hiped by their marketing.

Personnaly I like bold games, the ones which let you decide what character you want to play, how this chara will behave, if this chara will romance and with who he will romance.

Very few games have developped this freedom, to give a list of games I have not already named :

-Mass Effect Andromeda

-Inquisition (I do not know the name of the game)

For others paradox games : I played to HOI4 and Victoria, these are fun games but limited.

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

I have not played one of them. I have played Civilization 2, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Colonization, the Ultima Series, the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale Series, part of the Might and Magic Series, Wasteland (a precursor to the Fallout series), the Age of Empires/Mythology series (and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, which uses a variant of the Age of Empires 2 engine, and is NOT Star Wars: Battlefront), the Warcraft series (as well as World of Warcraft), Starcraft 1, Empire Earth 1, Star Wars: Rebellion, the Lord of the Rings: the Battle for Middle-earth 2, Master of Orion 2, and few others, none of which, inexplicably and beyond any rational and sane explanation, are not on the poll list, and I am appalled and shocked at the lack of ALL of them.

Well, I'm sorry you're shocked. However, I cant make over 5 questions on a poll. So I'll make a round 2 perhaps one day. All of these games are some of my favorite series of all time... some of them are also extremely old. Deus Ex, and Half Life. It's sure as hell gonna take a profound amount of threads to get to all these games you mentioned, and then even more that you didnt mention! ;)

• Like 1
Just now, PringlesN7 said:

Well, I'm sorry you're shocked. However, I cant make over 5 questions on a poll. So I'll make a round 2 perhaps one day. All of these games are some of my favorite series of all time... some of them are also extremely old. Deus Ex, and Half Life. It's sure as hell gonna take a profound amount of threads to get to all these games you mentioned, and then even more that you didnt mention! ;)

Q - Select any series where you have played at least one game...
A - Series A, Series B, Series C etc.  👍

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, PringlesN7 said:

Wasteland, the Ultima Series, and Colonization are significantly older. I played Wasteland and the first 5 iterations of Ultima on an Apple II series computer... ;)

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Wasteland, the Ultima Series, and Colonization are significantly older. I played Wasteland and the first 5 iterations of Ultima on an Apple II series computer... ;)

I respect it. I'm 18 but I've gone back and played a lot of old games.... I've heard of Wasteland. I also grew up playing Age of Empires... 2 and it's expansions along with 3. Loves those games. Sid Meier's Games are also awesome. Alpha Centauri I've played a bit. I'm curious if you've played Sid Meier's Pirates? I loved that game. Basically Assassins Creed Black Flag but better tbh. :P 

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, PringlesN7 said:

I respect it. I'm 18 but I've gone back and played a lot of old games.... I've heard of Wasteland. I also grew up playing Age of Empires... 2 and it's expansions along with 3. Loves those games. Sid Meier's Games are also awesome. Alpha Centauri I've played a bit. I'm curious if you've played Sid Meier's Pirates? I loved that game. Basically Assassins Creed Black Flag but better tbh. :P 

I had a used copy of Pirates! (the "!" is part of the official title), loaned to me back in high school (in the early '90's) but, since the swordfighting sub-game was optimized for a joystick, not the keyboard, and I never did have a joystick, I didn't get too far.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind are Elder Scrolls games. I'm surprised the No's on that are as low as they are.

Reliving memories of Morrowind long load times on the OG Xbox, and my one of my favorite gaming memories: leaving the sewers in Oblivion. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Patine said:

I hope that Apple II is still around, because that will be so awesome if it was. 

7 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I hope that Apple II is still around, because that will be so awesome if it was. 

It would be nice, along with my Gen 1 Transformers toys, my Masters of the Universe toys, my original run Kenner Star Wars Trilogy toys, and my Battle Beasts. But, alas...

Just now, Patine said:

It would be nice, along with my Gen 1 Transformers toys, my Masters of the Universe toys, and my Battle Beasts. But, alas...

I feel you, I wish I still had my Gameboy and Gamecube....but turns out electronics do not survive water damage. Also, do you play JRPGs? I noticed you primarily play strategy games, curious what else you play. 

1 minute ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

I feel you, I wish I still had my Gameboy and Gamecube....but turns out electronics do not survive water damage. Also, do you play JRPGs? I noticed you primarily play strategy games, curious what else you play. 

As I noted, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale (I used to walk by the building BioWare was headquartered on the second floor of all the time when I often when I often went to Whyte Avenue - but I haven't had much need to go to that part of town for several years), the later Might and Magic titles, the Ultima games, Wasteland, WoW, and Rift, all of which are computer RPG's (the last two MMO RPG's), but of the Japanese ones, only Final Fantasy I on my youngest brother's Super NES.

19 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 has the most well-written protagonist (Arthur Morgan) I've seen in a game or movie ever.

I don't really like games with scripted and pre-named protagonists. I prefer the old school computer RPG games, where you make your own, or the old school adventure/exploration/puzzle/social interaction game, where you're a cipher, and the plot and environment are what matters, or MMO's, where everyone has to make their own character by necessity.

• Upvote 1