270soft Forum

Gamer Questions

How much of an Epic Gamer are you?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Have you played any games in the Half Life series?

2. 2. Have you played any Elder Scrolls Games?

3. 3. Have you played any Fallout Games? ***Fallout Shelter Doesn't Count :P

4. 4. Have you played any of the Deus Ex Games? (Specifically the first, or Human Revolution)

5. 5. Have you played any Paradox Grand Strategy Games? (HOI4, CK2, CK3, etc.)

5 minutes ago, PringlesN7 said:

A person who's played Half Life!!! EPIC

What's your opinion on it and general recommendation? It was one of my cousin's favorites years back but I was a bit younger than him and was more interested in Halo hahah

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

What's your opinion on it and general recommendation? It was one of my cousin's favorites years back but I was a bit younger than him and was more interested in Halo hahah

Oh it's great. Very ahead of it's time. IF you ever plan to play it though, look up Black Mesa on steam. It's a graphically remastered version of it and it's AWESOME. AND Lore-Friendly! HL2 is the best IMO. All of it is just great. And HL:Alyx... the newest one in VR. That's amazing. But scary! Watch out for the headcrabs... google it. 😕 That shit scares TF outta me. 

• Thanks 1

Paradox Games are the GOAT games. I just can't play most cause my computer is trash. So for the most part I stick to Vicky II, which I can actually run. Have not played any Half-Life or Deus-Ex, and have no plans to. Played Fallout 4 but know lore about the other games and plan to play FO3 and NV at some point. Never played an Elder Scrolls Game, but I would like to, eventually.

Just now, superezione said:

Paradox Games are the GOAT games. I just can't play most cause my computer is trash. So for the most part I stick to Vicky II, which I can actually run. Have not played any Half-Life or Deus-Ex, and have no plans to. Played Fallout 4 but know lore about the other games and plan to play FO3 and NV at some point. Never played an Elder Scrolls Game, but I would like to, eventually.

I respect it! FO3 and NV should run fine on an older machine. Just don't overload the game with mods. Half Life and Deus Ex (The first one) are also great games that don't take much to run. Deus Ex (2000) is truly a great, messed up game, and so is Half Life. I have to recommend it to anyone! Victoria 2 is a great paradox game as well... love the period and the mechanics. Very detailed.

3 minutes ago, PringlesN7 said:

@vcczar Please tell me the Deus Ex games you've played... you've given me hope :o 

Like 10 years ago, so whichever one was new around then. I barely remember it. My roommate had the game, we kind of both played it. It was good. However, I liked Fall Out 4 more. I like Paradox games way more than these. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind are Elder Scrolls games. I'm surprised the No's on that are as low as they are.

High as they are I mean. I would have expected 95% of the gaming population to have played them.

I love EU4 the most, CK III I am still trying to wrap my head around, and I enjoy Hoi4. I am most excited for Lawgivers 2 (Gov sim game) coming out in dec.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

@jnewt hasn’t played a Paradox game. SHAME! ;)

Actually, I have played Cities: Skylines, not sure if that counts though