270soft Forum

State of the Race: 7 Days Left

7 Day Poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. See the prediction map and write up, who wins the election if it is held today?

2. 2. If you were a Democratic politician, how would you respond to a 6-3 Conservative Court? [Click all that apply]

• I'd propose term limits
    • I'd propose limits on how many Justices one president can appoint in a term.
    • I'd propose expanding the court via legislation (this has been done countless times in US History).
    • I'd propose a court packing scheme similar to that proposed by FDR (A new judge is added when a judge reaches age 70)
    • I'd propose decreasing the number of judges, removing one or two of the sitting judges, likely conservatives
    • I'd propose a retirement age for justices
    • I'd pass laws that weaken the Supreme Court so Conservatives can't perversely seek to overturn Obamacare and Roe v. Wade
    • If Biden wins and we take the House and Senate, I will compel all sitting Liberal Justices to retire and replace them with radical progressive 30-year olds who will serve forever.
    • Just stick to rhetoric but take no action
    • None of the above (mention below what you would do)
  3. 3. Which Government do you trust most to look after you and the domestic and economic interests of the average American?

• The Federal Government
    • The State Governments
    • The Local Governments
  4. 4. What is your opinion of the Libertarian Party

• Absolute Favorable
    • Highly Favorable
    • Mostly Favorable
    • No Opinion/Don't know
    • Mostly Unfavorable
    • Highly Unfavorable
    • Absolute Unfavorable
  5. 5. What is your opinion of the Green Party

• Absolute Favorable
    • Highly Favorable
    • Mostly Favorable
    • No Opinion/Don't Know
    • Mostly Unfavorable
    • Highly Unfavorable
    • Absolute Unfavorable

The Bernie Sanders/China/Fracking video Trump has been showing at rallies since debate.3 is so effective. Especially to Bernie/Progressive voters. 

There was a sorta silence in a Michigan rally today when Trump started bashing Bernie supporters.. which tells me a good amount of those voters at the Trump rally were Bernie supporters lol. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Ro

I'd flee the country.

Sorry, come again? What event that Biden has held had lines like this?

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

The Bernie Sanders/China/Fracking video Trump has been showing at rallies since debate.3 is so effective. Especially to Bernie/Progressive voters. 

And you would know that because...?

I personally have a friend who voted for Bernie in the primaries, and vowed at that time to never vote for Biden. I am a little cautious about politics around her ;) We were talking the other day, and she told me when she mailed in her ballot she voted for Biden, citing Supreme Court, etc. I wouldn't be confident Bernie Bros are going for Trump

Just now, Hestia11 said:

And you would know that because...?

I personally have a friend who voted for Bernie in the primaries, and vowed at that time to never vote for Biden. I am a little cautious about politics around her ;) We were talking the other day, and she told me when she mailed in her ballot she voted for Biden, citing Supreme Court, etc. I wouldn't be confident Bernie Bros are going for Trump

Bc I follow persuasion :) time will tell of course

What about my paragraph you didn't quote?

"There was a sorta silence in a Michigan rally today when Trump started bashing Bernie supporters.. which tells me a good amount of those voters at the Trump rally were Bernie supporters lol. "

It was weird bc normally they cheer anything he says but there was total silence and then Trump rebounded, "of course we love them bc they understand trade" 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

Bc I follow persuasion :) time will tell of course

What about my paragraph you didn't quote?

"There was a sorta silence in a Michigan rally today when Trump started bashing Bernie supporters.. which tells me a good amount of those voters at the Trump rally were Bernie supporters lol. "

It was weird bc normally they cheer anything he says but there was total silence and then Trump rebounded, "of course we love them bc they understand trade" 

I don't think that's really that telling, in my opinion. A lot of factors influence how crowds respond to things, including if they heard the speaker after applauding, which could've happened. I don't care enough to look into it lol.

17 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Yes, my guess is they feel confident in FL, now reallocating resources to other states.

Also possible is internal reallocation and so misleading, Trump campaign and RNC are coordinating ad buys - don't know. Can't read article as behind paywall.

Just now, admin_270 said:

Can't read article as behind paywall.

This is the bane of my existence :P

I think both parties are trying to redeploy and shake up the race in the final days somehow. I think the ad buys and changes, visits to different states, etc. reflect that.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I don't think that's really that telling, in my opinion. A lot of factors influence how crowds respond to things, including if they heard the speaker after applauding, which could've happened. I don't care enough to look into it lol.

Well I did care enough to look into it lol and watched the whole speech. The part about crazy Bernie supporters was like 10 minutes after the video played and they cheered at like 20 other things during his speech if not more. That's literally the only time he got silence for a thing that he wanted cheers for..

I'm pretty confident the progressive/Bernie vote will go even more to Trump than last time... 

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Well I did care enough to look into it lol and watched the whole speech. The part about crazy Bernie supporters was like 10 minutes after the video played and they cheered at like 20 other things during his speech if not more. That's literally the only time he got silence for a thing that he wanted cheers for..

I'm pretty confident the progressive/Bernie vote will go even more to Trump than last time... 

I don't think so. Vote blue no matter who was a big thing and is still. Many have realized after the SC fiasco how important it is to vote Democratic no matter what. Lack of third party support in polling reflects that

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

I don't think so. Vote blue no matter who was a big thing and is still. Many have realized after the SC fiasco how important it is to vote Democratic no matter what. Lack of third party support in polling reflects that

We'll see!!! 

As always we agree to disagree.

Since @Actinguy has become far more pessimistic on Biden's chances, I'm curious if you have as well. You still think Biden is going to win by a lot? A little? Quickly or it will take a while? 

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

We'll see!!! 

As always we agree to disagree.

Since @Actinguy has become far more pessimistic on Biden's chances, I'm curious if you have as well. You still think Biden is going to win by a lot? A little? Quickly or it will take a while? 

My prediction is roughly the same. I believe his chances have improved in Texas considerably, and stayed level roughly everywhere else. Trump simply hasn't been able to shake up the race. My conservative teacher today (after we discussed the SC ;) ) said that he thought the Hunter Biden stuff was planted/made up. If the GOP thinks leaning on that in the closing days will win them anything, it won't. 

I wish the Libertarian Party were a viable option. Unfortunately, they are a complete dumpsterfire and a disgrace. The toxicity within the party is destroying any chance the party has to change directions.

4 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

My prediction is roughly the same. I believe his chances have improved in Texas considerably, and stayed level roughly everywhere else. Trump simply hasn't been able to shake up the race. My conservative teacher today (after we discussed the SC ;) ) said that he thought the Hunter Biden stuff was planted/made up. If the GOP thinks leaning on that in the closing days will win them anything, it won't. 

I think they've moved past that and are focusing on fracking, and messaging. Haven't heard Trump mention the Hunter Biden stuff at all in the Michigan rally. 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

I think they've moved past that and are focusing on fracking, and messaging. Haven't heard Trump mention the Hunter Biden stuff at all in the Michigan rally. 

Smart, but unfortunately too late. There's 7 days left and over half of the turnout of 2016 has already voted. Now it's just turning out the base and praying that'll be enough on the GOP side.

Just now, admin_270 said:

The numbers the RNC are putting out re Trump rallies are interesting.

MI rally today, claiming > 50% of people there not Republicans.

Yeah...not buying it. It's the *RNC*'s data. They'll tell everyone what they want them to be told. 

9 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Smart, but unfortunately too late. There's 7 days left and over half of the turnout of 2016 has already voted. Now it's just turning out the base and praying that'll be enough on the GOP side.

Trump's narrowed the gap significantly w early vote... I expect margins to be similar if not better to the margins Biden has w mail in voting. 

And yes, I fully expect the base to turn out including new Republicans and independents. 

Remember all the talk in 2016 of Republicans not voting for Trump that turned out to be a sham? Not even a narrative on that this time.. I'm very confident :)

1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

This man has 0 fatigue. how he does this after COVID I'll never know 

greatest politician in US History!!

Oh, like Hitler was the greatest politician in German history?!