270soft Forum

Modification to forum rules

3 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

So you continue to disrespect @admin_270 talking about "number of brains" and belittling based on posters and not ideas? It's sad honestly. 

I was responding to your fake quote, in which you pretended that these were words I'd said -- they are not.

Sorry.

I was responding to the idea of your fake quote, in which you pretended that these were words I'd said -- they are not.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Keep your comments fact-oriented and if you want to attack, attack an idea, not a user." Keep in mind there are people from various political backgrounds here. The great advantage of a place lik

I really think you're missing the point. Rules should always be challenged, and questioned, so that they're improved. They also should be clear and universally understood, if they're not then they're

Then just block him, why should you care if Vcczar "attacks" you? 

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

"Keep your comments fact-oriented and if you want to attack, attack an idea, not a user."

Keep in mind there are people from various political backgrounds here. The great advantage of a place like this is you get something unusual - many smart, well-informed people from different political backgrounds discussing and analyzing topics. But that comes with a risk - people with politically divergent views often don't have similar values, and can not get along very well.

So keep comments focused on facts. If you want to attack, attack an idea, not a user.

Getting back to the point at hand: maybe some kind of statute of limitations on how long someone can be fake mad about at encounter?

"You were mean to me on Tuesday, and I'm going to bring it up in every single post for the rest of my life" is something that would not advance thoughtful discussion in any way.  

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

"You're better than that" = a compliment to Hestia's nature in general.

7 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

So you continue to disrespect @admin_270 talking about "number of brains" and belittling based on posters and not ideas? It's sad honestly. 

I was complimenting your number of brains in general.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Getting back to the point at hand: maybe some kind of statute of limitations on how long someone can be fake mad about at encounter?

"You were mean to me on Tuesday, and I'm going to bring it up in every single post for the rest of my life" is something that would not advance thoughtful discussion in any way.  

You realize I am not the one bringing it up every time? Literally every thread here is an example of that. 

It's VVcar constantly adding themselves into conversations THEY ARE NOT INVOLVED IN to start attacking me constantly. 

8 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

You realize I am not the one bringing it up every time? Literally every thread here is an example of that. 

It's VVcar constantly adding themselves into conversations THEY ARE NOT INVOLVED IN to start attacking me constantly. 

The most recent example was in his own thread.

Look, man.  I don't know how old you actually are, and you don't have to tell me.  

But running for protection by the mod every time you have an encounter you don't enjoy...I have terrible news for you about the kind of exchanges you're going to find on the rest of the internet as well.  Because...it's much uglier out there.

Most of the people here consider themselves to be intelligent.  I assume that you do too.  At times, we're going to get exasperated by someone else's behavior, whether it's a disagreement on facts or perceived levels of intelligence or the respective size of each other's mamas, or running to the mod every time your feelings get hurt.

And sometimes, exasperated people resort to sarcastic comments.

And every single time:

It will not actually matter.

You have to develop a thick skin and learn how to move on, or else your entire life far beyond the confines of this one forum is going to be absolutely miserable.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Actinguy said:

I was complimenting your number of brains in general.

Did I mention "number of brains" or their age in any way shape or form?

You're trying to circumvent the rules for personal attacks just like @vcczar. @admin_270 it's obvious as always, and it's just more emotional personal attacks totally not based in ideas or politics. 

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Isn’t this a personal attack?

• Upvote 3
Just now, Actinguy said:

The most recent example was in his own thread.

The most recent example was me and @Hestia11 having a discussion/debate and VCCAR inserting themselves in telling them to block me  and constant personal attacks.

Just bc they make the thread and put some polls up doesn't mean every conversation then in that thread revolves around them. 

3 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Bruh. It's a public forum. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Also like to add if everyone follows your new rule

There is legitimately no need for any "extra" moderators bc this is the most basic and easy to follow rule. Again my point still stands from the other thread how allegedly the solution to posters attacking me w personal attacks is to.. add new moderators that agree with their ideas 🧐 Totally backwards  

1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

You should look at 2 rants from a poster recently that would have violated new rules then bc it is not 

You posted both of the above before he made any allusion to you in this thread for a start so let's not go playing the holier than thou card.

Can I suggest we have an official PoliticalPundit vs. vvczar thread so everyone else can focus on the new rule, whether it's useful/goes far enough, and just generally have a discussion about the way the forum is moderated?

• Like 2

The most recent example was me and @Hestia11 having a discussion/debate and VCCAR inserting themselves in telling them to block me  and constant personal attacks.

Just bc they make the thread and put some polls up doesn't mean every conversation then in that thread revolves around them. 

JUST. BLOCK. HIM.

• Like 1
Just now, Mark_W said:

You posted both of the above before he made any allusion to you in this thread for a start so let's not go playing the holier than thou card.

Can I suggest we have an official PoliticalPundit vs. vvczar thread so everyone else can focus on the new rule, whether it's useful/goes far enough, and just generally have a discussion about the way the forum is moderated?

I agree 100% with this. 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

They can start debating the points about winning Michigan or whatever like we were talking about

They can't start making personal attacks saying to block me bc I have 0 intelligence and know nothing about whatever 

Yeah... I'm just saying that people can insert themselves into whatever conversation they want too lmao.

Just now, vcczar said:

@PoliticalPundit Please, just block me. I have blocked you. This will probably resolve 85% of the issues. 

Please keep my name out of your mouth. I'll block you once you stop posting 95% of your posts about me to other posters saying how I have 0 intelligence and never post "real facts". 

That will resolve 100% of my issues, but despite 5 warnings from @admin_270 you seem unable to do so. 

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

And have them continue to make personal attacks against me in very single post? 

Why don't you tell them to stop mentioning my name and we won't have any issues? Why not that then? The problem is solved. 

So you feed off the attention? Good to know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I give this 10, maybe 15 more posts and this post is going to be locked. 

*sigh*

I have to make one post before that happens :D

• Haha 3