270soft Forum

I Am Done - My Secession From The General Section Of The Forum

I am done. I am done seeing this forum continuously left to locked threads, bad-faith arguments, and constant fighting. I am done seeing people I highly respect being roped into fights with people who have no regard for their arguments, and who would much rather engage in throwing away opposing evidence, refusing to recognize their opponent's points, acting superior to others, and all around being a negative influence on this forum. I am done with every post being a flame war, and I am done seeing flaws in our moderation system exposed through the recent arguments and flame wars on this forum. I am done toying with the idea that we can all simply block/ignore those who are helping to cause the situation we face to solve everything. This post is not about PoliticalPundit, Admin, or Billay alone. It is about the systemic issues this forum faces. The vast majority of posts, people, and comments on here are great and amazing, but the issues with civility, moderation, and the general tone of this forum are too much. I am done. I am very active in the Election Play-By-Play area, and as such I will maintain my account, but from here on out I will not comment or interact with the General section of the forum, not including the occasional look at Vcczar's excellent polls. I. Am. Done. 

Goodbye, you beautiful bastards.

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @The Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75 @Mark_W

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@The Blood If you give me some sort of contact for you, I can let you know when it improves or if we find another place or something.

I'll still have my account open for the RPs here, so you can just DM me here or send me an email at -.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, The Blood said:

I'll still have my account open for the RPs here, so you can just DM me here or send me an email at

I'd delete my email after Vcc saw it, because oftentimes malicious sites grab any Email-address they can find online and start sending you annoying ads etc.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I'd delete my email after Vcc saw it, because oftentimes malicious sites grab any Email-address they can find online and start sending you annoying ads etc.

Noted, and thanks for for the heads-up.

• Like 2

I think there should be two unbiased moderators to help fix the culture that has unfortunately occurred on this forum coinciding with the arrival of two bad apples in particular who I will not name.

I would nominate @vcczar (if he stays) and @Reagan04 if they were willing. Both of these guys have repeatedly listened to opposing viewpoints (provided they were respectful), are extremely active and contribute more than almost anyone, are willing to provide objective, reasonable opinions, and are most importantly respectful and polite in their discussions. 

@admin_270

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I think there should be two unbiased moderators to help fix the culture that has unfortunately occurred on this forum coinciding with the arrival of two bad apples in particular who I will not name.

I would nominate @vcczar (if he stays) and @Reagan04 if they were willing. Both of these guys have repeatedly listened to opposing viewpoints (provided they were respectful), are extremely active and contribute more than almost anyone, are willing to provide objective, reasonable opinions, and are most importantly respectful and polite in their discussions. 

@admin_270

Pick @Conservative Elector 2 instead of myself. 

I would prefer if banning was reserved for only extreme cases, like CP or N-words etc. At the very least, banning should be based off a set of forum wide rules and not the subjective opinion of a few individuals.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

@admin_270

I believe @Actinguy would be a nice fit as well 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I believe @Actinguy would be a nice fit as well 

I appreciate the compliment, but I'm overcommitted as it is.  

I'd love to see maybe a three-man admin team.  I saw earlier suggestion of @vcczar and @Reagan04.  I'd say add @admin_270 to it, and have any bans (temporary or otherwise) require at least two out of the three admin judges to agree.

• Like 3

I’d be down if the forum felt I was worthy. I’d be happy to serve to make this community a better place, I love this community.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

I’d be down if the forum felt I was worthy. I’d be happy to serve to make this community a better place, I love this community.

DOBS DOBS DOBS 🥰

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, billay said:

What did I do? I haven't gotten into it with anyone since the conventions. 

Spoiler: It's because you're a Conservative. You too @admin_270 .  

Bc of your beliefs you act and talk in "bad-faith arguments" and "have no regard for your arguments".

Of course the other side is perfectly reasonable and never would engage in personal attacks when they don't like what you say and run out of arguments. 

It's called: Mob Mentality. 

• Upvote 1

This topic has been brought up before and @admin_270 has expressed his own concerns for expanding moderation. If he ever changes his mind for whatever reasons I would be willing to lend a hand in moderation. I fully expect tensions to calm down after the election - when I first joined the forum back in 2015, it similarly ramped up in the leadup to the 2016 election with a lot of colorful personalities as well. If Anthony ever decides to open up moderation applications I'd likely want to help where I can but also I understand if he wants to just see if tensions fizzle out in the next few weeks. Regardless, I'll likely still around the forum because I love this community and the people here but I wish those well who choose not to partake for reasons that are valid to them :) 

I personally oppose the idea of leaving banning to the subjective opinions of a few individuals, even if they may be unbiased. It should instead (in my opinion) be based off of a firm set of objective rules that everyone agrees on and is made aware of.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

I personally oppose the idea of leaving banning to the subjective opinions of a few individuals, even if they may be unbiased. It should instead (in my opinion) be based off of a firm set of objective rules that everyone agrees on and is made aware of.

We have rules.  But they aren’t enforced. Technically, the forum is only about discussing the game. We all violate that one. What he needs to to do is rewrite/update his rules. Make them clear. Ideally, he’d have other moderators that would the vote for it against a ban based on one of the violations of those rules. 

I think the idea of @Herbert Hoover and @Reagan04 might best co-moderators. Neither provoked fights and both are fairly moderate political. They both have judicial temperaments. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

We have rules.  But they aren’t enforced. Technically, the forum is only about discussing the game. We all violate that one. What he needs to to do is rewrite/update his rules. Make them clear. Ideally, he’d have other moderators that would the vote for it against a ban based on one of the violations of those rules. 

I think the idea of @Herbert Hoover and @Reagan04 might best co-moderators. Neither provoked fights and both are fairly moderate political. They both have judicial temperaments. 

I remember when Admin tried to enforce the rules to keep political discussion out period and to just focus discussion on 270soft products a few years ago... it didn't go well ;) First I think we had a football thread, and then it didn't take long for the usual political posts to get back through. The rules are good but we as a community have been very selective about which ones we've followed and which ones we have ignored. I wouldn't be surprised if Admin revised them sometime soon, but I would hate for comments to be turned on for THAT post just because it would be a mess 😛 

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Absolutely hysterical bc you don't get your way and aim personal attacks repeatedly (with multiple warnings) your solution is to.... get two moderators who give you more power.

• Upvote 1