270soft Forum

50 Cent endorses Trump!

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Ok? I didn’t say they couldn’t. I’m just a messenger of my message to anyone, white or not, who will listen.

Not disrespect to you personally

it just amazes me seeing non POC ranting about why black people should vote a certain way when THEY CAN DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES. 

same issue I have w all of Biden's comments 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chelsea Handler actually has a point. 50 Cent literally said "I don't care that Donald Trump doesn't care about black people." He endorsed him because under Biden, 50 cent will have to pay a bit more

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

To quote @ThePotatoWalrus's Biden list: you ain't black  Poor kids are as talented as white kids  Racial jungle  Obama is the first articulate black guy  Unlike the African Am

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

That's shocking to me you didn't realize that. 

I guess I always knew, but never consciously realized how unusual it is. Pretty weird 😕

Not disrespect to you personally

it just amazes me seeing non POC ranting about why black people should vote a certain way when THEY CAN DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES. 

same issue I have w all of Biden's comments 

Did I do this?

Im not saying they can’t. I’m literally just doing the same thing you are. Presenting arguments as to why my conclusions are my conclusions. Pretty elementary stuff to understand here. I’m making an argument as to why I believe Donald Trump is more dangerous for communities of color than Joe Biden. I’m allowed to this. And people are allowed to do with my arguments as they will. I’m just taking part in the great American debate as is my right per the 1st amendment. Again, not a radical proposition and is indeed rather elementary.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Wiw said:

Wait, Biden's the racist now!?

Always was lol.

42 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

To the contrary, we’ve forced upon black community that the only way to success to their ability to perform or play sports. Malcolm X specifically addressed this by saying that the only race of people where “singers, athletes, etc” are the community leaders. It has its roots in Black people being seen as sources of entertainment for the white population which is a long running trope in America.

Yes, but I’ve got the position that Donald Trumps record and current platform is far worse for communities of color.

An African-American (even if he was half-black, half-white) was recently POTUS.  Black American's have a number of positive role models to look up to (Obama, Cunningham, Carson, Clarence Thomas, preachers such as TD Jakes) in modern America.  The harsh truth is that black culture is the root of all the problems facing modern African-Americans.  Single parent homes, high incarceration rates, a culture that glorifies gang violence and destructive behaviours (listen to the nasty filth that musicians such as Cardi B produce and ask yourself why most black Americans are stuck in the vicious cycle of poverty when a large number live the very same lifestyle espoused in the lyrics of such music) are the reason why the black community has not prospered in America.  Another issue the black community faces is the "crabs in a bucket" mentality.  When a black man leaves the ghetto and tries to exit that lifestyle, he will be shunned and torn down by his own community is most cases.  The problems facing black Americans are generational, and will not be solved immediately by voting R on a ballot.  It will take generational change with cooperation from individuals and the government in order to better the situation faced by the black community.

Constantly blaming systematic racism will not help the problem either.  Majority black nations (ruled by blacks I might add) in the Caribbean face many of the same issues faced by black Americans (high incarceration rates, poor family structure, generational poverty), but there are quite a few who have been able to turn themselves into rags to riches stories.  If the black community (in the Americas as a whole) wants to better itself, they need to stop idolizing the rappers and other public figures promoting the very same destructive lifestyle that leads them into generational poverty, and promote the successful figures that have been able to make it out of poverty and difficult situations to become someone successful.  It all comes down to culture at the end of the day, and what role models are being emphasized.

• Upvote 1

I will add that I stand by my prediction that Trump is going to pull the largest black male vote share for the Republican Party since Reconstruction.  I know far too many black men who are supporting him to write this off as a fad.  He will lose big with the black woman vote, but expect him to make serious gains with black men in particular.

52 minutes ago, CPE said:

I will add that I stand by my prediction that Trump is going to pull the largest black male vote share for the Republican Party since Reconstruction.  I know far too many black men who are supporting him to write this off as a fad.  He will lose big with the black woman vote, but expect him to make serious gains with black men in particular.

10000% agreed I've said this as well.

Great minds think alike. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Did I do this?

Im not saying they can’t. I’m literally just doing the same thing you are. Presenting arguments as to why my conclusions are my conclusions. Pretty elementary stuff to understand here. I’m making an argument as to why I believe Donald Trump is more dangerous for communities of color than Joe Biden. I’m allowed to this. And people are allowed to do with my arguments as they will. I’m just taking part in the great American debate as is my right per the 1st amendment. Again, not a radical proposition and is indeed rather elementary.

I'm saying that black people can think for themselves. Who they choose to support is UP TO THEM. 

YOU'RE SAYING as a (presumed) white man that you know more about why Trump is dangerous to them specifically then they do.

You're allowed to it, it just comes across very condescending.  

I don't choose to lecture (for example) lesbians how to think about lesbian issues. I understand trying to persuade others, but it's just a ridiculous argument. We see it in media constantly, so hope you realize it's not you specifically just a larger issue. 

10000% agreed I've said this as well.

Great minds think alike. 

Lol.  He will not win a majority, but he will increase the numbers substantially.  Another possibility that has floated in my mind too is that black Americans begin forming their own political parties and avoid both mainstream parties.  We will see what happens in the future, but there is definitely a trend of some black voters disassociating with the Democrat party.  Will it continue, who knows?

Just now, CPE said:

Lol.  He will not win a majority, but he will increase the numbers substantially.  Another possibility that has floated in my mind too is that black Americans begin forming their own political parties and avoid both mainstream parties.  We will see what happens in the future, but there is definitely a trend of some black voters disassociating with the Democrat party.  Will it continue, who knows?

Majority would be insane. I'm saying 25-33% is not out of the question which is extraordinary. 

And not voting for either (or Kanye) works as well. 

And it's definitely begun. Even in 2016 I've seen plenty of African Americans predicting Trump would win. The Chris Rock SNL skit is a great example 

4 hours ago, CPE said:

An African-American (even if he was half-black, half-white) was recently POTUS.  Black American's have a number of positive role models to look up to (Obama, Cunningham, Carson, Clarence Thomas, preachers such as TD Jakes) in modern America. 

Yes, which is why they shouldn't listen to 50 cent. President Obama is a better role model than LeBron James, for instance.

4 hours ago, CPE said:

The harsh truth is that black culture is the root of all the problems facing modern African-Americans.  Single parent homes, high incarceration rates, a culture that glorifies gang violence and destructive behaviours (listen to the nasty filth that musicians such as Cardi B produce and ask yourself why most black Americans are stuck in the vicious cycle of poverty when a large number live the very same lifestyle espoused in the lyrics of such music) are the reason why the black community has not prospered in America. 

This is partially true. I agree that there is definetly a cultural issue among black communities. There's a cultural issue endemic to really all American communities. Every group has its issues. It's important not to forget that and just set our sights on Black Americans and ream them out for causing all their own problems, because they haven't. But I agree, institutional racism has hurt culture in black communities.

4 hours ago, CPE said:

Another issue the black community faces is the "crabs in a bucket" mentality.  When a black man leaves the ghetto and tries to exit that lifestyle, he will be shunned and torn down by his own community is most cases.  The problems facing black Americans are generational, and will not be solved immediately by voting R on a ballot.  It will take generational change with cooperation from individuals and the government in order to better the situation faced by the black community.

I don't know about that. I think you're painting black people with a broad brush here and doing the community a disservice. Chances are (I could be wrong) that I know more Black Americans than you do. I haven't seen this and again, these are good hard working people that have a lot of obstacles erected for them.

4 hours ago, CPE said:

Constantly blaming systematic racism will not help the problem either.  Majority black nations (ruled by blacks I might add) in the Caribbean face many of the same issues faced by black Americans (high incarceration rates, poor family structure, generational poverty), but there are quite a few who have been able to turn themselves into rags to riches stories. 

Amazingly, you just said stop blaming systemic racism and then proceeded to describe systemic racism.

4 hours ago, CPE said:

If the black community (in the Americas as a whole) wants to better itself, they need to stop idolizing the rappers and other public figures promoting the very same destructive lifestyle that leads them into generational poverty, and promote the successful figures that have been able to make it out of poverty and difficult situations to become someone successful.  It all comes down to culture at the end of the day, and what role models are being emphasized.

Don't listen to 50 cent. He doesn't have the best interest of the black community at heart, he has said so himself. He is interested in growing his pocketbook.

4 hours ago, CPE said:

I expect this as well. I think my party needs to be doing a lot more for black voters and Donald Trump is not cutting it.

3 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I'm saying that black people can think for themselves. Who they choose to support is UP TO THEM. 

This is correct. I'm glad you've come to this conclusion.

YOU'RE SAYING as a (presumed) white man that you know more about why Trump is dangerous to them specifically then they do.

As a matter of fact, I did not and have not ever purported to know more about an individual person's (be they of color or not) experiences. All I'm saying is that I care deeply about all Americans and I care deeply about justice. I see injustices taking place in the black community. I talk regularly with my half-black family about those injustices and what we should do to fight them. I do ministry work in these communities and see first hand what's going on. I've done hours of research, historical and political. All of these experiences have caused me to form reasonable well-educated conclusions. I am not shy about sharing them. Nor am I share about the fact that I never stop learning. If a black man wants to come and shoot down my arguments he is free to do so. But him being black does not give him carte blanche authority to debunk them if he himself doesn't have the full picture. We're all humans and we can all learn from each other.

Bottom line, no, I didn't say this no matter how much you capitalize it. Stop putting words in my mouth.

You're allowed to it, it just comes across very condescending.  

I think most peope can absorb a conversation of complex issues without feeling condescended to. These are issues I deeply care about and affect those I love. This is not merely an academic thought experiment for me. This is a real policy discussion.

4 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I don't choose to lecture (for example) lesbians how to think about lesbian issues. I understand trying to persuade others, but it's just a ridiculous argument. We see it in media constantly, so hope you realize it's not you specifically just a larger issue. 

Surely you take a position on issues that affect lesbians though? Surely you have thoughts on Marriage Equality, Adoption Laws, Anti-Discrimination Statutes, etc.?

And you are free to feel my argument is ridiculous. Guess what, I don't even feel condescended to now that you've said it. I just happen to think your devotion to Trump/belief that he is the second coming of Honest Abe is a bit... misplaced.

4 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

And it's definitely begun. Even in 2016 I've seen plenty of African Americans predicting Trump would win. The Chris Rock SNL skit is a great example 

You do understand the point that sketch is trying to make right? You do understand the cultural undertones there, yes? YOu understand why black people are predicting a Trump victory? Because the system works against them. Because there are people in America who would eagerly vote for a racist demagogue and they know it plainly. Because the criminal justice system is bent towards the white rich and powerful like Trump. That's the satire that sketch is making. Perhaps you didn't catch it because at face value it was also making fun of the folly of the "woke neoliberals" who were shocked to learn that Americans can be just as racist as black people know they always have been towards them.

"Yes, which is why they shouldn't listen to 50 cent. President Obama is a better role model than LeBron James, for instance."

- Why do you decide who African Americans should idolize and look up to and who shouldn't? This is ridiculous. THEY CAN DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES IF LEBRON IS A BETTER ROLE MODEL THAN OBAMA ETC.. 

@CPE is spot on wt he "Crabs in barrel mentality". Ironic coming from you talking about them painting them w a broad brush given you apparently know who AA's should support, look up to, etc and only YOU are right. 

I can take a position on issues affecting lesbians.. but if I have a lesbian aunt I'm not going to lecture them on how THEY should FEEL about issues if we have disagreements. My "devotion" to Trump has nothing to do w whether black people support or don't support him. They can decide for themselves!! It's YOU who is making this into, "You don't know what you're talking about, I KNOW WHAT'S BETTER for your community than you do". It's unbelievably patronizing. Your "Don't listen to 50 cent" spiel is exactly the same. 

9 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

To quote @ThePotatoWalrus's Biden list:

you ain't black 

Poor kids are as talented as white kids 

Racial jungle 

Obama is the first articulate black guy 

Unlike the African Americans Hispanics are diverse

you can't go into a 7/11 without an Indian accent

Dont forget the countless pieces of legislation hes supported throughout his career which no longer matter since he has a (D) next to his name

9 hours ago, CPE said:

An African-American (even if he was half-black, half-white) was recently POTUS.  Black American's have a number of positive role models to look up to (Obama, Cunningham, Carson, Clarence Thomas, preachers such as TD Jakes) in modern America.  The harsh truth is that black culture is the root of all the problems facing modern African-Americans.  Single parent homes, high incarceration rates, a culture that glorifies gang violence and destructive behaviours (listen to the nasty filth that musicians such as Cardi B produce and ask yourself why most black Americans are stuck in the vicious cycle of poverty when a large number live the very same lifestyle espoused in the lyrics of such music) are the reason why the black community has not prospered in America.  Another issue the black community faces is the "crabs in a bucket" mentality.  When a black man leaves the ghetto and tries to exit that lifestyle, he will be shunned and torn down by his own community is most cases.  The problems facing black Americans are generational, and will not be solved immediately by voting R on a ballot.  It will take generational change with cooperation from individuals and the government in order to better the situation faced by the black community.

Constantly blaming systematic racism will not help the problem either.  Majority black nations (ruled by blacks I might add) in the Caribbean face many of the same issues faced by black Americans (high incarceration rates, poor family structure, generational poverty), but there are quite a few who have been able to turn themselves into rags to riches stories.  If the black community (in the Americas as a whole) wants to better itself, they need to stop idolizing the rappers and other public figures promoting the very same destructive lifestyle that leads them into generational poverty, and promote the successful figures that have been able to make it out of poverty and difficult situations to become someone successful.  It all comes down to culture at the end of the day, and what role models are being emphasized.

Huh.... I guess I never thought of it like that.

10 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

To the contrary, we’ve forced upon black community that the only way to success to their ability to perform or play sports. Malcolm X specifically addressed this by saying that the only race of people where “singers, athletes, etc” are the community leaders. It has its roots in Black people being seen as sources of entertainment for the white population which is a long running trope in America.

I don't necessarily think that's the exact case. A black athlete or singer doesn't perform his skills solely for the whites. He performs for all people, especially for himself. This allows to become a role model for others as well. I think to say black people are seen as sources of entertainment is a bit exaggerated. Especially nowadays, when a black Senator is able to represent South Carolina (!) in the US Senate. 

On the whole I thought, you yourself have always advocated against the tax burden, many Americans face today. Therefore I was inclined to believe you could understand 50 Cent's argument very well.

9 hours ago, CPE said:

An African-American (even if he was half-black, half-white) was recently POTUS.

Yeah, for that reason it sounds weird when Biden talks about improving the lifes of POC now. What did they do in 8 years of office (or 47 years)? Obviously not that much, so I don't believe this will change now.

4 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

President Obama is a better role model than LeBron James, for instance.

I have no issue with LeBron per se, but I also happen to believe public servants are mostly better role models than any celebrities. Amy Coney Barrett is a better role model than Kim Kardashian, but I guess you won't find much posters of ACB in a teenage room... Likewise no one would care about her Instagram account if she had one.

10 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

"Yes, which is why they shouldn't listen to 50 cent. President Obama is a better role model than LeBron James, for instance."

- Why do you decide who African Americans should idolize and look up to and who shouldn't? This is ridiculous. THEY CAN DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES IF LEBRON IS A BETTER ROLE MODEL THAN OBAMA ETC.. 

@CPE is spot on wt he "Crabs in barrel mentality". Ironic coming from you talking about them painting them w a broad brush given you apparently know who AA's should support, look up to, etc and only YOU are right. 

I can take a position on issues affecting lesbians.. but if I have a lesbian aunt I'm not going to lecture them on how THEY should FEEL about issues if we have disagreements. My "devotion" to Trump has nothing to do w whether black people support or don't support him. They can decide for themselves!! It's YOU who is making this into, "You don't know what you're talking about, I KNOW WHAT'S BETTER for your community than you do". It's unbelievably patronizing. Your "Don't listen to 50 cent" spiel is exactly the same. 

I can explain it to you, unfortunately I can’t understand it for you.

6 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I don't necessarily think that's the exact case. A black athlete or singer doesn't perform his skills solely for the whites. He performs for all people, especially for himself. This allows to become a role model for others as well. I think to say black people are seen as sources of entertainment is a bit exaggerated. Especially nowadays, when a black Senator is able to represent South Carolina (!) in the US Senate. 

On the whole I thought, you yourself have always advocated against the tax burden, many Americans face today. Therefore I was inclined to believe you could understand 50 Cent's argument very well.

Have there been breakthroughs? Of course. Enough? No.

And I do, but there are more issues than just taxes. And when a millionaire is bellyaching about a small increase in taxes and telling people to ignore the racism and terrible policies of the President and to vote for said President just so said millionaire won’t have to pay a bit extra in taxes, I begin to roll my eyes.

Criminal Justice reform is incredibly important and this administration has done a terrible job of it. 

6 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah, for that reason it sounds weird when Biden talks about improving the lifes of POC now. What did they do in 8 years of office (or 47 years)? Obviously not that much, so I don't believe this will change now.

They did, but you understand that it takes more than 8 years to undo 400 years of systemic racism. Only 2 of those years where they controlled Congress. I disagreed with the Obama administration on many things but one thing they did well was criminal justice reform like the Fair Sentencing Act and release of low level offenders.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

And I do, but there are more issues than just taxes. And when a millionaire is bellyaching about a small increase in taxes and telling people to ignore the racism and terrible policies of the President and to vote for said President just so said millionaire won’t have to pay a bit extra in taxes, I begin to roll my eyes.

Personally I think, that's not just 50 Cent. I think a lot of celebrities and business executives hoping and maybe secretly voting for a Trump victory despite being vocal about not doing so. 50 Cent just went forward to announce it honestly.

It's also remarkable the media ignored 50 Cent's endorsement, while cheering Colin Powell, someone who didn't even vote for acknowledged Republican heroes like John McCain and Mitt Romney, for endorsing Biden. By no means Powell's endorsement was a surprise.

Would you also have denounced 50's ''selfishness'', if he had said a Warren tax plan is unacceptable for him?

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

They did, but you understand that it takes more than 8 years to undo 400 years of systemic racism. Only 2 of those years where they controlled Congress. I disagreed with the Obama administration on many things but one thing they did well was criminal justice reform like the Fair Sentencing Act and release of low level offenders.

Yeah, but Charles ''Duke'' Tanner and Alice Marie Johnson for example didn't get to enjoy the Obama administration's work. 

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

It's also remarkable the media ignored 50 Cent's endorsement, while cheering Colin Powell, someone who didn't even vote for acknowledged Republican heroes like John McCain and Mitt Romney, for endorsing Biden. By no means Powell's endorsement was a surprise.

Almost like Colin Powell is worth covering and Cent isn’t!

3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Would you also have denounced 50's ''selfishness'', if he had said a Warren tax plan is unacceptable for him?

12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

No, because that would have actually hurt real middle and working class Americans. I think Cent is being selfish because he’s telling people to vote for his self interest, not their own. Indeed, he specifically is asking black people to vote against their self-interest when he made the statement “I don’t care that Donald Trump doesn’t like black people.” For every black person who isn’t a millionaire, I think they can see through exactly what that means.

5 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

eah, but Charles ''Duke'' Tanner and Alice Marie Johnson for example didn't get to enjoy the Obama administration's work. 

Congratulations you have found 2 people who the administration have strategically used throughout this campaign. This is a logical fallacy and a half. 2 people freed by Trump (with more than that incarcerated by a long shot after a return to the worst instincts of the war on drugs), does not equal the success of the Obama/Biden administration on this issue. Then again, I’m sure you’re happy with that if you’re anything like your boy Tom Cotton who has said that every person released is a mistake and we should be focusing on locking up more people.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Almost like Colin Powell is worth covering and Cent isn’t!

I'd say both should be covered, but 50 Cent's endorsement clearly doesn't fit the media's narrative.

31 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

No, because that would have actually hurt real middle and working class Americans. I think Cent is being selfish because he’s telling people to vote for his self interest, not their own.

I think a lot of people will realize in the end that a potential Biden presidency won't help them at all.

32 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Congratulations you have found 2 people who the administration have strategically used throughout this campaign. 

There are probably more examples I am and maybe others are unaware of.

35 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Then again, I’m sure you’re happy with that if you’re anything like your boy Tom Cotton who has said that every person released is a mistake and we should be focusing on locking up more people.

That certainly depends on the individual case, but Cotton has definitely a point here. In many areas crime is out of control and it happened too often here that criminals on early release did not learn their lesson and again turned out to be a threat to society. I think the situation in the US isn't that much different.

6 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Amazingly, I am not a liberal.

Amazingly, Breitbart is not a legitimate news source.

Amazingly, Kanye West is a bit of a basket case (if you watch the whole interview you’ll see what I mean, the man might start a religious cult)

And Amazingly, you’re still not ready to engage in a good faith conversation about issues that affect communities of color.

Ill be here when you are.