Jump to content
270soft Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is correct! I am ASTONISHED! Ya boy is pulling an all nighter tonight. Screw college!  

Epic Boomers with their war crimes.

Fuck this shit, there's a settlement that needs your help.(Raquel, with nothing left but a handful of wounded Boomers, will be overthrown by the remnants of the group and handed over to the NCR(@Edoua

Posted Images

On 10/23/2020 at 11:14 PM, TheLiberalKitten said:

Mister House sends his personal assistant Jane to the Strip where she meets and encourages citizens to vote for House

Mister House attempts to gain the endorsement of the Chairmen from the Tops, reminding them how he made Vegas prosper again

Mister House attempts to get the endorsement of the White glove society, promising them a deal they can't resist in the future(cannibalism is coming back baby)

Rally (10!): Jane whips the crowd into a frenzy! The Strip is energized and the people of New Vegas are ready to vote for Mr. House and finally bring this damn wasteland into the future! 

Endorsement (10!): Benny will certainly endorse and help The Overboss. Benny hopes to get control of New Vegas once Mr. House becomes the President... he hopes. 

Endorsement (10!): Mr. House has a private meeting Mortimer. Being the most vocal Pro-Cannibalism member of the Society. Mortimer is fully on board and is able to cajole Marjorie into changing the entire direction of the White Glove Society! 

Overall: +18. Mr. House has had an EPIC start. Benevolent Technocracy is on the rise!

11 hours ago, Edouard said:

President Aaron Kimball first adress to the State of the Union of the NCR

                                                    New California Republic | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

 

Our Republic is the only hope for the return of a compassionate and democratic republic in the United States.

Our Republic stands strong since decades, because we've always been able to be open and to welcome newcomers.

For decades we have welcomed thousands, millions of refugees, agricultors, farmers

Thanks to these citizens, today we form the largest democracy in the Wasterlands, we have the mission to extend the model of our republic to the whole land and there is only one way, we have to win the Wasterland general election.

I appeal to all inhabitants who live outside our republic, whether mutants, knights scribes and paladins who disagree with the racism of the Brotherhood of Steel, members of the legion wishing to serve a just army , join us ! (1st event : try to get undecided on board by a state of union - rally)


OUR REPUBLIC, will formally request the endorsement of the Tops. Economic freedom needs a state to protect and ensure security through the whole Wasteland, but it also ensures a democratic and liberal states where laws are stable and commonly decided through time. (2nd event : request of endorsement)

AS TO CONCLUDE dear members of Congress, we want to make clear that we will cooperate with every independent groups which are wishing to cooperate for the neutrality and the safety of the Republic. Such as the boomers may become, let us face it, it's okay to be a boomer, but there will be no place for xenophobia or civil war inside our Republic !


3rd event : Aaron Kimball holds a rally in New Vegas.

 

Rally (2): President Kimball is able to secure some increased support in his demographics... but many of his hawkish, NCR base is slightly turned off by his speech. Considering he won the NCR Presidency on a campaign, and a promise to eradicate the "savage societies," such as Ghouls, Raiders, etc. From NCR territory. And he sure as hell delivered. Many are wondering where the strong,  interventionist President Kimball is. 

Endorsement (7): Despite Benny endorsing and offering any aid he can to Mr. House... several renowned rich members of the Casino are open to President Kimball. And begin funneling money to his campaign. 

Rally (10!)Despite Mr. House's massive success, President Kimball whips his own crowd of Pro-NCR Democracy advocates and packs the streets of New Vegas for several hours. While New Vegas is considered solidly in favor of Mr. House... President Kimball is certainly on his way to getting his fair share of the vote. 

Overall: +5. Despite having a rough opening, President Kimball is expanding his support. 

10 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

The King, sensing that the opportunity for The Kings to expand their influence is neigh, sets in motion his plan to take The Kings from a measly street gang, into a legitimate power player in the New Vegas Territory

Phase - 1: Remove the NCR From Freeside

Rally: The King will hold a rally in Freeside whipping up Anti-NCR Squatter sentiment.

Sabotage(Maybe, I'm not sure how to put this one): Realizing that switchblades, and pistoles won't cut it the King contacts the owners of The Silver Rush, and attempts to work out a deal to buy their energy weapons at a good price.

Sabotage: The Kings will move from simply charging NCR Squatters double for water, to disallowing them to use the Freeside water pump at all.

Rally (3): Given the success President Kimball had, The Anti-NCR sentiment simply doesn't get across... as the residents would rather hear them sing, "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog." 

Sabotage (10!): (Since you can't really do endorsements, I'm fine with you doing this.) The Kings are able to work out a phenomenal deal with The Silver Rush. Free Elvis Impersonators to perform at their Casinos every night, and they'll supply em' with whatever they need. 

Sabotage (8): The dirty move works. NCR Squatters are furious... but due to loose organization, especially in New Vegas... not much is done. This causes some discontent to occur towards President Kimball for not protecting the squatters. The NCR squatters begin slowly moving out of Freeside. 

Overall: +7. The Kings aren't taken too seriously among the citizens... but they're slowly building up some Anti-NCR sentiment. 

9 hours ago, superezione said:

1st event: Strom Thurmond gives the first speech of his campaign in New Vegas. "I had just recently resurfaced after 300 years below ground, and I could not believe my eyes. I could not have imagined that the world would be just this bad. Now of course, I lived on the East Coast prior to the Great War, but from my various trips out West in my times, it was a pleasant place. Now, I see nothing but disgrace. Two foolish factions living amongst each other, against each other. The New California Republic, and The Caesar's Legion. When I see the New California Republic, I see so-called "progress", which could only result in the degradation of society itself, vicious ghouls and mutants living amongst the fine people of California. Is that what we want? No, of course not! Now, I'm not saying ghouls and mutants should be treated as sub-humans, it's not their fault that they're evil mutant creatures. There ought to be a separation, or "segregation" of society, separate but equal, as to prevent society's downfall. Now, as for the Legion, all I see is Communism. You may have heard of it, you may not have heard of it, but all you need to know is that a Communist Society is nothing but infinite horrors and terrors for the people, a dictatorship of the few. I would compare Caesar to Joseph Stalin himself. There are no rights in The Legion, there are no states, there is no free speech. Is that a life that you want? A life in fear of being enslaved, tortured, murdered because you speak out against Stali- Caesar? Of course not. That's why I, Strom Thurmond of the Old World am here to save you, save the citizens of the Mojave. We will create a beautiful federalized Democracy, where you're free to live without fear. No fear of the oppressive government, no fear of the ghouls and mutants, and no fear of crime, as Law and Order will reign supreme in a Thurmond Mojave." (Rally)

2nd event: Strom Thurmond meets with Henry Jamison to request the endorsement of the Crimson Caravan. (Endorsement)

3rd event: Strom Thurmond will barnstorm through the New California Republic, attempting to convince the citizens that segregation is the way of the future. (Barnstorm)

Rally (3): Sadly, Strom simply doesn't resonate with the New Vegas citizens... and isn't taken to seriously. Although, he does attract some War Hawk support that is slowly wavering from President Kimball. 

Endorsement (2): The Crimson Caravan ain't buyin' it. While they haven't endorsed anyone yet... they're leaning towards the NCR simply because of the benefits they get from being one of the main drivers of their economy... and the influence they have throughout the NCR.

Rally (1): The New California citizens, again, aren't buyin' it. Some of them have read about the days of segregation and despise the concept... others would simply rather kill the "savages" and "unnatural people," in the Wasteland. 

Overall: -9. Strom is off to a bad start sadly. But don't worry... he's got plenty of time to recover. 

6 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

The first event: New Vegas was... an interesting place. The surrounding area filled with culture as well but Goldwater just couldn't fathom what world he was in. He went into the chamber expecting an eternal sleep, not to wake up a century later in a post-nuclear America. But none the less, he persists telling wastelanders the stories of what is called the "Old World". Some even say he has a case of "Old World Blues". I never bothered him of course, but it was odd to say the least. Hell even Strom Thurmond managed to make it here. It felt like he just did a bunch of dope, but this was no doubt reality. He decided to barnstorm among the people of Freeside today. It was a poorer area yes, but from what he has heard it has gotten much better since the actions of the so-called "Courier". He wanted to avoid the Kings for now, they were an rambunctious group that do anything for power. Though the Elvis Presley impersonation's does bring him back a fair bit. He talked with some of the poor, had a chit chat with Ralph (Mick was out, Ralph was very vague when I asked why.), helped catch some ugly mutated rat for these two young boys, and then decided to rest for the day.

The second event: Goldwater goes to Westside to not just barnstorm, but most importantly spread his ideology of American Conservatism. It might just work in this world...

The third event: Although he doesn't expect much, Goldwater enters Old Mormon Fort to speak with Julie Farkas. He decides to go for an endorsement, claiming that he can bring his knowledge to make a better future for the Mojave Wasteland.

 

Rally (10!): The people are intrigued by the Old World Senator. They enjoy talking with him. Ralph also enjoyed their discussion and Goldwater's nostalgia for the Old World. 

Rally (7): New Vegas is certainly a popular campaigning spot... Goldwater intrigues many of the Westside residents. His name recognition is starting to go up... and his bold ideology. 

Endorsement (10!): Julie Farkas; leader of the Followers of the Apocalypse is intrigued and entirely swayed by Goldwater's vision for a better wasteland. Likely due to her resentment towards the more... established political institutions. She instructs her followers to spread the word on Barry as they continue their humanitarian efforts!

Overall: +14. Goldwater has a great start. His name recognition is going up and many are anxious to hear from the Old World Legend. His ideology is also well received from many citizens throughout New Vegas. Despite Mr. House having a firm grasp over the city. 

5 hours ago, The Blood said:

(Rally) Raquel will hold a rally in Freeside, calling on voters to vote for her to grant the Boomers isolation and independence, because if the Boomers were not freed, they would unleash hellfire on the Wasteland.

 

(Sabotage) The Boomers will unleash their artillery on Aaron Kimball campaign offices.

 

(Sabotage) The Boomers will unleash artillery on Mr.House campaign volunteers.

Rally (2): Freeside citizens don't take kindly to Raquel. Simply brushing her off with "Ok Boomer."

Sabotage (2:) While it does scare NCR Citizens... a squad of NCR Rangers pops out of nowhere and quickly puts an end to the nonsense. Killing if possible and arresting any survivors. 

Sabotage (10!): Despite having bad luck with the NCR... The Boomers kill hundreds of Mr. House supporters and damage many homes. The Securitrons seem to have had a malfunction today. 

Overall: 0. A meh start. However, this certainly deals a blow to Mr. House... and is likely to dampen some of his gains. This also contributes to the chaos. (The Secret Mechanic only known by me. hehe.)

5 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

First event: Caesar gives a rally at The Fort, accompanied by Legate Lanius in front of the entire Legion Army and local tribes, realizing that a slavery-based economy is neither self-sufficient nor a good long-term plan, the Legion while retaining slavery, has become more agrarian-based since the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam

(Caesar steps up to his podium, adorned in military-dress) "As we have once risen from the depths of the Arizona we shall rise above all who oppose us in our quest to unite our Republic around an Empire that has stood the test of time. For too long we have been subjected to weak leadership from House, and the so-called President Kimball! Why should we have to pay their taxes when they get to live in their cities, never having a second-thought about what the tribes of the wasteland have to suffer through? This weak leadership is what led to war and disharmony in our lands in the first place, and like our Legion united hundreds of tribes decades ago under one glorious banner, we shall do again through honor, and diplomacy. Let this not be a sign of weakness, as our military stands ready shall the New California Republic retain their same imperialistic, barbaric ideas from before."

Anyone who doesn't believe in this campaign, our values or our people -- leave now. Caesar's Legion will unite the Mojave once and for all. One flag, one leader, one Mojave."

The legionaries salute Caesar chanting: "Ave! True to Caesar!"

Second Event: Endorsement - Caesar's Legion attempts to get an endorsement from the Great Khans, by hosting a meeting with Papa Khan and Caesar himself in a newly constructed 'Great Hall' in The Fort where the soldiers of both tribes are gifted bountiful wine and a feast as the leaders discuss diplomacy.

Third event: Sabotage - Caesar sends a centurion and a few veteran legionaries to Freeside to aid the Kings in evicting the NCR through intimidation.

Rally (10!): The Legionnaires are enthusiastic and ready to do whatever means necessary to make Caesar the President! Ave! True to Caesar is heard from all corners of the wasteland. The soldiers are so enthusiastic... they march through Hoover Dam in true Roman style! Displaying their might.

Endorsement (10!): The Great Khans... usually only coming and go as they please are ready to offer any assistance to the Legion. They believe Caesar is the only hope compared to the other "weak" candidates.

Sabotage (8): As if they needed another reason to leave... once the Legionnaires show up many of the squatters now fear they're going to die immediately. Freeside see's a massive exodus of NCR squatters. 

Overall: +15. Caesar is securing his base, and has an energized group of loyal soldiers... ready to do absolutely whatever it takes to ensure Caesar wins. No matter the cost. 

Brotherhood of Steel (Absent):

Absence (4): The Brotherhood of Steel is absent in their conducting of operations... they are well known for being extremely ruthless in their pursuit for Technology. (At least the Western Division of the BoS.) Time will tell if they exploit the political landscape of the West. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

February Week 1 Post-Turn Polling

Overall Presidential Polling

President Kimball: 20.88% (-0.46)

Caesar: 18.57% (+2.16)

Mr. House: 14.23% (+4.73)

Barry Goldwater: 4.81% (+2.03)

Raquel (Boomers): 2.55% (-0.01)

Strom Thurmond: 0.41% (-1.26)

Undecided: 38.55% (-7.19)

The first week of campaigning saw exciting displays of entrance from Mr. House, Caesar, and Barry Goldwater. President Kimball, despite having a rough start was able to save it from disaster after his first rally. New Vegas is certainly a popular campaigning spot... and is likely to be the main stop for candidates throughout the campaign. The Boomers are certainly the most radical campaign... as conflict throughout the Mojave is beginning to surge again. With the artillery being fired at President Kimball Campaign Offices... and Mr. House volunteers... human or securitron... retaliation is likely to occur upon The Boomers. 

At the moment, chaos throughout the wasteland is still at a low level. Time will tell if it rises.

@TheLiberalKitten @Cenzonico @The Blood @WVProgressive @superezione @Edouard @buenoboss @ThePotatoWalrus

Good first turn! You may now post your second events! I expect lots of fighting and bullshittery this next turn! GET ER DONE

Get Er Done GIFs | Tenor

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Rally - Caesar declares neutrality among the Boomer-House-NCR conflict, using it as a political football to declare his campaign the only orderly one. "When our Great Republic faces problems, we face them head on. We don't hide behind our walls waging conflict. And in that regard the Legion will not applaud this act of violence. However, if the Boomers were to unwisely turn their weapons on us, they will come face-to-face with destruction and power the likes this world hasn't seen since the Great War."

2. Endorsement - Caesar sends Papa Khan and Vulpes Inculta to Jamestown to meet with Marcus, and promises the super mutants their independence, in return for their votes during the election. He also in a surprise, offers one centurion spot in the Legion army for their strongest warrior.

3. Barnstorm - Caesar goes to Goodsprings and meets with Doc Mitchell, and offers to rid the town of it's gecko and cazador infestations at the water pumps and cemetery in exchange for allowing a Legion post to be set up in the city.

Also New Vegas is $3 on Steam ($8 with all DLC)!!! Just picked it up. My favorite game ever. I remember playing it everyday on the 360 as a kid and was in awe (I was 12 at the time I think, I wish I experienced it when I was older so I could appreciate and understand the politics and lore better. I haven't played since like 2018 so are there any good mods?)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

1. Rally - Caesar declares neutrality among the Boomer-House-NCR conflict, using it as a political football to declare his campaign the only orderly one. "When our Great Republic faces problems, we face them head on. We don't hide behind our walls waging conflict. And in that regard the Legion will not applaud this act of violence. However, if the Boomers were to unwisely turn their weapons on us, they will come face-to-face with destruction and power the likes this world hasn't seen since the Great War."

2. Endorsement - Caesar sends Papa Khan and Vulpes Inculta to Jamestown to meet with Marcus, and promises the super mutants their independence, in return for their votes during the election. He also in a surprise, offers one centurion spot in the Legion army for their strongest warrior.

3. Barnstorm - Caesar goes to Goodsprings and meets with Doc Mitchell, and offers to rid the town of it's gecko and cazador infestations at the water pumps and cemetery in exchange for allowing a Legion post to be set up in the city.

Also New Vegas is $3 on Steam ($8 with all DLC)!!! Just picked it up. My favorite game ever. I remember playing it everyday on the 360 as a kid and was in awe (I was 12 at the time I think, I wish I experienced it when I was older so I could appreciate and understand the politics and lore better. I haven't played since like 2018 so are there any good mods?)

Check Nexus for the most popular mods. I havent played in a while but back when I did around 2 years ago I had a graphic overhaul. Bit of a pain in the ass but it was nice. There's also combat overhauls, expanded perks, expanded weapons, etc. Personally. I prefer mostly visual overhauls and improvements to the game. If you've played other Bethesda games you know there's always a script extender... a UI overhaul... etc. Usual routine of stuff. I actually lost my modlist because nexus discontinued their mod manager. Back to Mod Organizer for me lol. :(

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PringlesN7 said:

Check Nexus for the most popular mods. I havent played in a while but back when I did around 2 years ago I had a graphic overhaul. Bit of a pain in the ass but it was nice. There's also combat overhauls, expanded perks, expanded weapons, etc. Personally. I prefer mostly visual overhauls and improvements to the game. If you've played other Bethesda games you know there's always a script extender... a UI overhaul... etc. Usual routine of stuff. I actually lost my modlist because nexus discontinued their mod manager. Back to Mod Organizer for me lol. :(

You can use Vortex which does more or less the same thing. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herbert Hoover said:

You can use Vortex which does more or less the same thing. 

Ya. Vortex is nice. I'm just a traditionalist I guess. Mod Organizer is what I've used for the most part. I'm just so familiar with its interface. Plus its always had the benefit of not directly installing mods to your game... but instead, it injects them into the game before you load. Essentially meaning you dont really have to backup your base game, and if a mod screws up, it wont require a base game reinstall. Not entirely sure on vortex.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first event: The area outside the Strip was... nice. Barry started to grow quite fond of the area, unlike the strip. Though he has to admit, Mr. House did a good job preserving the charm Las Vegas had. With this in mind, he decided to make it his focus. He figured he would run as the people's man. After all, people seemed to take a liking to his ideology. Barry decides against a rally once again, this time barnstorming the community known as North Vegas. He meets with locals and continues to spread his brand of American Conservatism. He also promises them that if elected he will make sure North Vegas will not be left behind!

The second event: While in North Vegas, Barry decides to make a play and attempts to find out who the de facto leader of North Vegas is. After some talking, he was lead to a man by the name of Crandon. He's a tough one no doubt, but maybe he would be willing to lend his support to the Goldwater cause. 

The third event: Barry knows that this is still politics. And sometimes you gotta play dirty. Barry decides to look for some lowly thugs to do his work. He finds a group of four, pays them a sum of caps and tells them that he would like some work done. Caesar's Legion is supposedly intimidating people in Freeside, and Barry can't let that stand! So in these exact words he tells them, "Find out if they have a base of operations around. If you find anything, sabotage it. If possible, destroy it completely or render it useless. I know they have something, and it might seem like a hard task, but I know you guys can get it done. Blend in with the crowd, don't look suspicious, just don't do any stupid shit that will get you caught. Barry can play dirty too ya know."

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Raid - Hearing that the NCR had set up a soup kitchen in the northern part of Freeside, near Cerulean Electronics, The King send a group of Kings, led by Pacer, to investigate the rumors, and, if they are true, destroy the NCR stationed there.

Sabotage - The Kings will pressure the Garrett twins of the Atomic Wrangler into supporting their putsch by threatening to attack their business if they endorse any candidate for President, especially Kimball.

Rally - The King will take to the streets with Sergio, offering free 'Kings Style' haircuts to any Freeside citizen willing to pledge their support for an Independent Freeside.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. House seeks to expand his influence by making contact with New Reno, sending an envoy where he meets with several of the families and hopes to get them on board with movement of the future. He promises to make New Reno the New Vegas of the West.

Mr. House seeks to gain the endorsement of the new leadership in Gamorah, promising key cabinet roles if elected.

Mr. House declares a law and order campaign against anyone that will try to destroy life and progress in the wasteland.

"We are all people and any acts of violence against our society will be dealt with the appropriate outcome. We will protect the rights of every wastelander, human, ghoul or mutant to live in prosperity. We will bring law and order to all the people of the wasteland. We must be tough on the radicals who do not want us to progress and become a just society. It's time that we send the NCR and the Legion a message that we can do the job in a much better way. "

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Event 1: Strom Thurmond will pay a group of Raiders to attack some of President Kimball's supporters outside of Jacobstown. (Sabotage)

Event 2: Strom Thurmond will return to New Vegas. Here, he decides to give another speech, to try and offset the previous one. He will focus on a whole new idea: segregation. (Rally).

Event 3: Strom Thurmond will reluctantly barnstorm through Caesar's Legion, to speak with them about segregation, and see if they're more receptive to the idea than the citizens of the NCR. (Barnstorm).

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Barnstorm) Jack, with Raquel's permission, will tour the Mojave as a surrogate for her campaign. However, hijacking the tour, Jack will decide to theme the tour around his love for Crimson Caravan employee Janet, with the slogan, "You're the redhead of my dreams, Janet."

(Sabotage) The Boomers will rain hellfire on Goldwater's recent tour of North Vegas. Artillery will rain down on the former Senator.

(Sabotage) Raquel will leave Nellis to personally open fire on Kimball volunteers in Freeside with a Grenade machinegun.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The New California Republic plays defensive and tries to sweep his message accross the Wasterlands

1 : Rally from Pres Kimball in Goodsprings

Fallout NV NCR President Aaron Kimball by SPARTAN22294 on DeviantArt

Many of our opponents want power, what we want is PEACE and Prosperity !

Tell me, who cares about the fact that you, fellow citizens of Goosprings, have hard times to export your produces, namely water, bighorner meat and skins because roads aren't safe? No one. No one excepted the NCR.

So, do you want to vote for people who will treat you like a hellhole, or do you want to vote for someone that will respect you as a great city and equal citizens? That should be the only question to answer.

 

2nd : A rally from Pres Kimball at Freeside, trying to get the endorsement of the people :

Our Republic has brought economic prosperity within the region, but I want to be clear and to tell you that if tomorrow I would be elected, I attend to work with Mr House and the families over there in order to maintain the extend prosperity which is limited -as of now- to some parts of New Vegas.

New Vegas is prosper, but you aren't. And why aren't you rich like some others parts of New Vegas? Because there is NO state which can protect your business, no regular army, no law, no social budget. You are on your own.

The NCR can help you getting richer, we have already did that with thousands and thousands of poor people, who became farmer, and who nowadays don't have to starve to death. So get up and fight for your peace and prosperity !

 

3rd : Pres Kimball tries to reach out the support of Enclave remnants, promising amnisty laws and roles within the republican army.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

1. Rally - Caesar declares neutrality among the Boomer-House-NCR conflict, using it as a political football to declare his campaign the only orderly one. "When our Great Republic faces problems, we face them head on. We don't hide behind our walls waging conflict. And in that regard the Legion will not applaud this act of violence. However, if the Boomers were to unwisely turn their weapons on us, they will come face-to-face with destruction and power the likes this world hasn't seen since the Great War."

2. Endorsement - Caesar sends Papa Khan and Vulpes Inculta to Jamestown to meet with Marcus, and promises the super mutants their independence, in return for their votes during the election. He also in a surprise, offers one centurion spot in the Legion army for their strongest warrior.

3. Barnstorm - Caesar goes to Goodsprings and meets with Doc Mitchell, and offers to rid the town of it's gecko and cazador infestations at the water pumps and cemetery in exchange for allowing a Legion post to be set up in the city.

Also New Vegas is $3 on Steam ($8 with all DLC)!!! Just picked it up. My favorite game ever. I remember playing it everyday on the 360 as a kid and was in awe (I was 12 at the time I think, I wish I experienced it when I was older so I could appreciate and understand the politics and lore better. I haven't played since like 2018 so are there any good mods?)

Rally (1): Sadly... Caesar begins blacking out as he's giving the speech. Looks like the supposed tumor in him is starting to get the better of him. He's escorted away immediately as he nearly faints and begins slurring his words.

Endorsement (4): Surprisingly, Marcus and the other Super Mutants are open to hearing Caesar and Papa Khan. Sadly, they're not ready to make a commitment yet. 

Barnstorm (4): Doc Mitchell would rather not have a Legion Post in the city... but appreciates the offer nevertheless.

Overall: -6. A lackluster week for Caesar's campaign. Might need to get that tumor checked out... The Courier probably didn't help you on that one. However, thanks to your strong opening, your momentum is still positive. 

10 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

The first event: The area outside the Strip was... nice. Barry started to grow quite fond of the area, unlike the strip. Though he has to admit, Mr. House did a good job preserving the charm Las Vegas had. With this in mind, he decided to make it his focus. He figured he would run as the people's man. After all, people seemed to take a liking to his ideology. Barry decides against a rally once again, this time barnstorming the community known as North Vegas. He meets with locals and continues to spread his brand of American Conservatism. He also promises them that if elected he will make sure North Vegas will not be left behind!

The second event: While in North Vegas, Barry decides to make a play and attempts to find out who the de facto leader of North Vegas is. After some talking, he was lead to a man by the name of Crandon. He's a tough one no doubt, but maybe he would be willing to lend his support to the Goldwater cause. 

The third event: Barry knows that this is still politics. And sometimes you gotta play dirty. Barry decides to look for some lowly thugs to do his work. He finds a group of four, pays them a sum of caps and tells them that he would like some work done. Caesar's Legion is supposedly intimidating people in Freeside, and Barry can't let that stand! So in these exact words he tells them, "Find out if they have a base of operations around. If you find anything, sabotage it. If possible, destroy it completely or render it useless. I know they have something, and it might seem like a hard task, but I know you guys can get it done. Blend in with the crowd, don't look suspicious, just don't do any stupid shit that will get you caught. Barry can play dirty too ya know."

Barnstorm (5): Barry does a good job of getting his name out to the citizens, and while it doesn't really translate into votes yet... it's a good start. North Vegas citizens are open to his ideology. 

Endorsement (8): Crandon along with the citizens of North Vegas are well known for their NCR-Skepticism. Crandon fully endorses Goldwater and will spread the word throughout North Vegas. 

Sabotage (9): The 4 thugs are ecstatic that the Old World Man himself approached them for a job. They graciously accept. The thugs disguise themselves as spies for the Legion that operate in the New Vegas area. They find their base of operations in the sewers beneath Freeside. One night when things are quiet... and the spies are relaxing or asleep... the thugs are able to plant some stolen land mines throughout the area. The spies wake up with a bang. Securitrons investigate the explosion the following morning... nobody knows who did it. 

Overall: 7. Goldwater keeps the momentum up and is slowly growing a dedicated, grassroots based campaign. His dirty deed works... the 4 thugs let Barry know if he ever needs a job done again... they're just the guys for the job. 

4 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Raid - Hearing that the NCR had set up a soup kitchen in the northern part of Freeside, near Cerulean Electronics, The King send a group of Kings, led by Pacer, to investigate the rumors, and, if they are true, destroy the NCR stationed there.

Sabotage - The Kings will pressure the Garrett twins of the Atomic Wrangler into supporting their putsch by threatening to attack their business if they endorse any candidate for President, especially Kimball.

Rally - The King will take to the streets with Sergio, offering free 'Kings Style' haircuts to any Freeside citizen willing to pledge their support for an Independent Freeside.

Raid (7): Major Kieran and some of the NCR guards put up a good fight but they're forced to flee as they realize the Kings now have energy weapons... and not a bunch of switchblades and shitty pistols. The Soup Kitchen is now King territory. 

Sabotage (2): The Kings are given a brief "Fuck off." from Francine. James is busy doing things in the back. The following morning sees private guards guarding the entrances and patrolling throughout the Casino. 

Rally (6): Despite some bad rumors going around about the Kings... the Freeside citizens are anxious to get in line for their free haircuts. Everyone has a good time and the citizens are becoming increasingly Pro-Independence. 

Overall: 0. Despite a failed Sabotage on the Garrett twins... The Kings have a decent week. This causes some further damage to NCR support. 

3 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Mr. House seeks to expand his influence by making contact with New Reno, sending an envoy where he meets with several of the families and hopes to get them on board with movement of the future. He promises to make New Reno the New Vegas of the West.

Mr. House seeks to gain the endorsement of the new leadership in Gamorah, promising key cabinet roles if elected.

Mr. House declares a law and order campaign against anyone that will try to destroy life and progress in the wasteland.

"We are all people and any acts of violence against our society will be dealt with the appropriate outcome. We will protect the rights of every wastelander, human, ghoul or mutant to live in prosperity. We will bring law and order to all the people of the wasteland. We must be tough on the radicals who do not want us to progress and become a just society. It's time that we send the NCR and the Legion a message that we can do the job in a much better way. "

Barnstorm (6): While New Reno citizen's aren't going to fully pledge support to Mr. House... they definitely like idea of making Reno a city of the future. New Reno will be interesting on election night. 

Endorsement (6): Nero is open to Mr. House... despite his casino being a popular spot for NCR people... he tells Mr. House, "If ya need any shady shit done. Lemme know." Nero isn't ready to offer full support to any candidacy yet... we all know his dirty secret in the game. (He has a secret plan to get the Legion to take over New Vegas :o)

Rally (3): Some of the citizens throughout New Vegas... and the more social elite are a bit worried about this talk of rights for ghouls and mutants. Who they view as abominations of society. Nevertheless, the damage isn't bad. 

Overall: 0. Mr. House has his momentum halted... but it isn't going negative any time soon. Mr. House keeps the vision for the future strong!

2 hours ago, superezione said:

Event 1: Strom Thurmond will pay a group of Raiders to attack some of President Kimball's supporters outside of Jacobstown. (Sabotage)

Event 2: Strom Thurmond will return to New Vegas. Here, he decides to give another speech, to try and offset the previous one. He will focus on a whole new idea: segregation. (Rally).

Event 3: Strom Thurmond will reluctantly barnstorm through Caesar's Legion, to speak with them about segregation, and see if they're more receptive to the idea than the citizens of the NCR. (Barnstorm).

Sabotage (2): While it does cause some fear among Kimball supporters... Marcus is able to single handedly hold the raiders off. Killing most of them. 

Rally (2): Citizens of New Vegas just ain't buyin' it. Maybe it's the Southern Accent? 😕 

Barnstorm (9): Strom finally see's a group of people willing to hear his message! As he travels throughout the Arizona/Utah wasteland many of the settlers... like the idea of separate but equal. They agree, they'd never share a water fountain with a damn ghoul. 

Overall: -3. Strom has a bad week in New Vegas and his Sabotage attempt fails... but he's slowly starting to rack up support throughout the Legion. 

51 minutes ago, The Blood said:

(Barnstorm) Jack, with Raquel's permission, will tour the Mojave as a surrogate for her campaign. However, hijacking the tour, Jack will decide to theme the tour around his love for Crimson Caravan employee Janet, with the slogan, "You're the redhead of my dreams, Janet."

(Sabotage) The Boomers will rain hellfire on Goldwater's recent tour of North Vegas. Artillery will rain down on the former Senator.

(Sabotage) Raquel will leave Nellis to personally open fire on Kimball volunteers in Freeside with a Grenade machinegun.

Barnstorm (1): While Janet is still deeply in love with Jack... people throughout the Mojave just have absolutely no clue what the hell Jack is doing there. They're already starting to hate the boomers... Jack has shit thrown at him every time he enters a town... even outright attempts to kill Jack have been made. Thankfully, due to a squad of boomers accompanying him... Jack is ok for now. 

Sabotage (9): The artillery obliterates North Vegas and makes it a complete zone of destruction. The buildings are leveled and while the Senator was barely able to escape all of it... people can't vote for you if they're dead. (Or can they?) Crandon, de jure leader of North Vegas calls on the NCR or Mr. House to stop the Boomer's shenanigans. (This event significantly contributes to CHAOS.)

Sabotage (1): Damn bad luck. The grenade machinegun misfires and explodes nearby. Wounding Raquel. Boomers accompanying her are able to escort her out but NCR Rangers appear out of nowhere and chase them back to the Nellis Airbase... where they set up sniper positions on the outskirts. Attempting to shoot anyone that leaves with a weapon in hand. 

Overall: -4. The Boomers have a series of bad luck but the shelling of North Vegas is definitely the issue dominating the radio waves now. North Vegas is turning into a war zone and while Goldwater was able to escape... many of his potential supporters, and citizens in general of North Vegas are now dead, or displaced. Chaos is ticking up... once we hit a certain level of chaos I will be including dynamic events that you may have to react to. 

16 minutes ago, Edouard said:

The New California Republic plays defensive and tries to sweep his message accross the Wasterlands

1 : Rally from Pres Kimball in Goodsprings

Fallout NV NCR President Aaron Kimball by SPARTAN22294 on DeviantArt

Many of our opponents want power, what we want is PEACE and Prosperity !

Tell me, who cares about the fact that you, fellow citizens of Goosprings, have hard times to export your produces, namely water, bighorner meat and skins because roads aren't safe? No one. No one excepted the NCR.

So, do you want to vote for people who will treat you like a hellhole, or do you want to vote for someone that will respect you as a great city and equal citizens? That should be the only question to answer.

 

2nd : A rally from Pres Kimball at Freeside, trying to get the endorsement of the people :

Our Republic has brought economic prosperity within the region, but I want to be clear and to tell you that if tomorrow I would be elected, I attend to work with Mr House and the families over there in order to maintain the extend prosperity which is limited -as of now- to some parts of New Vegas.

New Vegas is prosper, but you aren't. And why aren't you rich like some others parts of New Vegas? Because there is NO state which can protect your business, no regular army, no law, no social budget. You are on your own.

The NCR can help you getting richer, we have already did that with thousands and thousands of poor people, who became farmer, and who nowadays don't have to starve to death. So get up and fight for your peace and prosperity !

 

3rd : Pres Kimball tries to reach out the support of Enclave remnants, promising amnisty laws and roles within the republican army.

 

Rally (6): Citizens of Goodsprings are certainly excited to see the President personally visiting them. 

Rally (6): Freeside citizens are excited to see the President and enjoy his message of prosperity. 

Endorsement (3): Surprisingly, the Enclave Remnants don't shoot at President Kimball. Former Officer Judah Kreger is who they meet and while he appreciates the visit... he's simply not going to make commitments during the election given the ongoing chaos. The NCR-Enclave War also looms. 

Overall: 0. President Kimball stumbles this week due to failing to gain an endorsement... but thanks to his decent start he's still expanding his support. 

 

Consider these early rolls. I have to work again today but only for 4 hours so I'll be back relatively soon. I also want to give @buenoboss a chance to get his events in. So to allow yall to get an idea of where yer at, I'm just sending these out now. Polls this evening! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...