270soft Forum

So, this is a RP idea that we had when the 1968 RP saw a period of inactivity. I’ve decided to take the liberty of embarking Doblets upon this journey of randomness & bullshittery in order to entertain us Fallout people. So I’ve never done one of these before… but I’m no novice to RP. But don’t expect me to have some overly detailed system… there will be events, there will be rolls… but the goal of this is to create as much bullshittery as possible, and have fun in the randomness of it all. Enjoy.

The year is 2282… several months following the Second Battle of Hoover Dam. The Courier that cheated death cheated it once again. Tired of the partisan rancor, and continuous conflict… with no side offering a hope to the Wasteland decided to assume the role himself. The Courier defeated all forces that converged upon Hoover Dam. Caesar's Legion, Mr. House, and the New California Republic. The Dam was now a true free zone… for Wastelanders to reap the benefits of it. For the good of their own communities, and the people. However, the Courier is now gone. Vanished. Considered a legend. Many Wastelanders speculate that the Courier had ascended into some kind of God. One man defeating all 3 armies… it was quite remarkable. It wasn’t the first time he cheated death after all. Mr. House, and those with greater awareness realize that it was the Platinum Chip that gave the Courier a victory. As he now controlled Mr. House’s Securitrons. The Courier however was merciful to Mr. House… feeling sorry for the hunk of dust he was in his unknown…”chambers,” within New Vegas.

Upon winning the Second Battle of Hoover Dam… The Courier made it known to Caesar, Mr. House, and General Lee Oliver that he will be leaving the Mojave. And that they all better figure out a way to get along, and further assist the people of the Wasteland. His final words were “I will return, the moment you fuck up again. And I will unleash hell on all of you.” The Courier was blunt, and a man of few words. He wandered off into the distance as the dead bodies of Legion Soldiers, and NCR Rangers lie all around the Hoover Dam area. 

The events following the battle caused many Wastelander’s to stand up to the factions that’d supposedly fought for them over the years. The Mojave is now considered a loose, Coalition Government between Mr. House, Caesar, and President Aaron Kimball of the NCR. Kept in check by the people of course. The people have finally demanded that an election occur, between all political sides of the Mojave… which will be an ultimate choice of who leads them into the future. Each candidate has control over their own areas, and no central power has emerged… causing nothing to ever get done for the Mojave as a whole.

The following candidates are:

Mr. House; Leader of the Free Economic Zone of New Vegas. @TheLiberalKitten

Steam Workshop::Fallout New Vegas: Mr. House

President Aaron Kimball: President of the New California Republic. @Edouard

Aaron Kimball | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

Caesar: Dictator of Caesar's Legion. @ThePotatoWalrus

Caesar | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

Senator Barry Goldwater: Old World Politician, known for being the standard-bearer of Conservatism. @Cenzonico

Republicans nominate Goldwater for president, July 15, 1964 - POLITICO

Senator Strom Thurmond: Old World Politician... renowned for being a strong Pro-Segregationist and a Dixiecrat! @superezione

Strom Thurmond - Wikipedia

***Any other candidates you’d like to run from Fallout, or 1968, or anywhere really can be approved by me***

However… there is a fourth candidate. One many are unknown to… but those who know him are intrigued. Senator Barry Goldwater had a personal vault underneath his home, for him and his family. Nearly 300 years later he has risen… and is learning his way around the Mojave. He is garnering a lot of grassroots support, as many see him as the heir to The Courier. Barry certainly has the story to share of the Old World… and has a strong vision of the future for the Mojave Wasteland. Will it resonate with Wastelanders?

Those are the main candidates. These groups listed below will act as major “interest” groups that will have special events. You can help a main candidate out, you can enter as a candidate yourself, or, you can cause chaos. Lots of chaos. 
Super Mutants: (You know who these guys are…)

Super mutant (Fallout: New Vegas) | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

Brotherhood of Steel: (Authoritarian Technocrats, aligned with Mr. House, but are more prejudiced and lack a proper vision for the Wasteland. Other than having fancy Old World Technology.) @buenoboss

Brotherhood of Steel (Mojave chapter) | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

Raiders: (Outlaws, etc.)

Raider (Fallout 3) - The Vault Fallout Wiki - Everything you need to know  about Fallout 76, Fallout 4, New Vegas and more!

Boomers: (Isolationist group of Vault 34 Dwellers… they occupy the Nellis Air Force Base. Keep to themselves for the most part.) @The Blood

Fallout New Vegas - Easiest Route to THE BOOMERS (Artilley Strikes Quest) -  YouTube

Great Khans: (A horde that periodically raids the Mojave. Has ties with Caesar’s Legion.)

Great Khans | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

The Kings: Elvis impersonators. @WVProgressive

That concludes all the factions I can name off the top of my head. Feel free to be someone else if you’d like. Now onto the mechanics. 

Types of Events (Adhere to these events if you’re a strictly a candidate for President of the Wasteland):

Barnstorm/Rally: Meet with voters, and get that momentum up!

Sabotage: You can attempt to sabotage another faction or candidate! If Mr. House wants to send some Securitrons to kill some Super Mutants… hopefully he’ll kill them and they’ll lose influence on the Wasteland!

Endorsement: Attempt to gain the endorsement of a certain minor group in the Wasteland. I’ll include a link to the wiki for all of them here. (Anything in “The Strip” or “Others.” Is an endorsement opportunity.)

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_factions

Finally, if you’re an “interest” group. You can enter as a Presidential Candidate but you will have unique events. And you can help a certain faction, or, as stated previously. You can just kill everyone and cause chaos.

Barnstorm/Rally: If you run on your own, this is what you do. You can also rally for another major candidate.

Sabotage: Same as the above.

Raid: This is where the fun is. Most of the factions I listed are perfect for this option. If you choose this… your goal is to cause as much chaos as possible. Raid New Vegas, Raid Hoover Dam, Raid Goodsprings, RAID ANYWHERE!

And that’s it! Now, some of you may ask, what’s the point in creating chaos? Well, there is a secret mechanic… that will only be known and played by me. Cause enough chaos in the Mojave… and The Courier will return. And unleash hell upon the wasteland! Good luck! I'll have initial polling out once we get stuff going.

• PringlesN7 changed the title to Fallout 69: Arizona Blues
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is correct! I am ASTONISHED! Ya boy is pulling an all nighter tonight. Screw college!  

Epic Boomers with their war crimes.

Fuck this shit, there's a settlement that needs your help.(Raquel, with nothing left but a handful of wounded Boomers, will be overthrown by the remnants of the group and handed over to the NCR(@Edoua

Posted Images

Mister House sends his personal assistant Jane to the Strip where she meets and encourages citizens to vote for House

Mister House attempts to gain the endorsement of the Chairmen from the Tops, reminding them how he made Vegas prosper again

Mister House attempts to get the endorsement of the White glove society, promising them a deal they can't resist in the future(cannibalism is coming back baby)

Can I be everybody's favorite group of Elvis impersonator, The Kings? If I can't then can I be Caesar's Legion?

Unbeknownst to Barry Goldwater, someone had been hiding under the floor of his vault for the last years. He has finally left for the surface, and has spent his time carefully watching Goldwater. He's ready to make his own bid to be the leader of The Mojave. Strom Thurmond is here, and he's ready to segregate The Mojave!

(I really need to catch up on my New Vegas lore)

9 minutes ago, superezione said:

Unbeknownst to Barry Goldwater, someone had been hiding under the floor of his vault for the last years. He has finally left for the surface, and has spent his time carefully watching Goldwater. He's ready to make his own bid to be the leader of The Mojave. Strom Thurmond is here, and he's ready to segregate The Mojave!

Cursed...

42 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Can I be everybody's favorite group of Elvis impersonator, The Kings? If I can't then can I be Caesar's Legion?

Yes! Influence group or Wasteland Presidential Campaign?

6 minutes ago, superezione said:

Dear God... YOU GOT EM! President Thurmond here we come!

9 hours ago, PringlesN7 said:

Yes! Influence group or Wasteland Presidential Campaign?

9 hours ago, superezione said:

Influence Group.

• Upvote 1

The Boomers, in a proud display of their disdain for the Wasteland, and in celebration of their desire for independence, will announce that they are running a protest candidate for the Presidency, meant to make noise surrounding the cause of Boomer isolation and independence from the Wasteland. Their candidate, who was widely expected to be Pearl, the leader of the tribe, will turn out to be Raquel, who, after months of weariness surrounding Pearl's intent focus on the happenings of the Wasteland and Loyal's seemingly un-xenophobic attitude to outsiders, will lead a coup against the two, arresting(And executing!) both, before establishing herself as the unquestioned leader of the tribe, further indoctrinating its members into an ideology of isolation, pro-independence beliefs, militarism, xenophobia, and hope for the eventual flight of the tribe's resident bomber(Assuming the Courier never unleashed the might of the bomber).

Raquel.jpg

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, The Blood said:

The Boomers, in a proud display of their disdain for the Wasteland, and in celebration of their desire for independence, will announce that they are running a protest candidate for the Presidency, meant to make noise surrounding the cause of Boomer isolation and independence from the Wasteland. Their candidate, who was widely expected to be Pearl, the leader of the tribe, will turn out to be Raquel, who, after months of weariness surrounding Pearl's intent focus on the happenings of the Wasteland and Loyal's seemingly un-xenophobic attitude to outsiders, will lead a coup against the two, arresting(And executing!) both, before establishing herself as the unquestioned leader of the tribe, further indoctrinating its members into an ideology of isolation, pro-independence beliefs, militarism, xenophobia, and hope for the eventual flight of the tribe's resident bomber(Assuming the Courier never unleashed the might of the bomber).

Raquel.jpg

Interesting background! And a Raquel takeover. I suppose the Courier didn't unleash the might of the bomber... ;) You got em!

@WVProgressive @Cenzonico @Edouard @The Blood @buenoboss @superezione @TheLiberalKitten

Alright, now that we have everyone for the most part... we can begin! I will be assuming the role of Caesar if no one takes him by the time I start rolls tonight. (Around 10:30 PM EST.)

The electoral system is simple. The President of the Wasteland will be decided by a 2-Round Popular Vote system. We will be starting in the 1st week of February. The first round results will be conducted on the final week of July. The 2nd round will start on the first week of August, and end on the first week of November. 

1 Month in RP=4 Turns.

Once the winners of the first round are concluded, influence groups shall function as normal, and other players that wish to remain in the RP will have a chance to run for the Wasteland Congress. Which is an exact representation of the NCR Congress... except it includes areas outside of the NCR as well. 

If anyone needs an idea of where to campaign, I am including a map here of major settlements from the Lore of Fallout New Vegas, and other, earlier Fallouts. 

https://www.deviantart.com/crassiuscurio94/art/West-Coast-at-the-Start-of-Fallout-New-Vegas-763142978

The NCR and Caesars Legion rival each other in terms of population. 

With around 1 million each, the whole area seen on the map has a total of around 2-3 million people. Just to give you a lore friendly idea of how many people might be voting. 

Also, the list for endorsers is here. ("The Strip" or "Others" are endorsement opportunities.) If the dice Gods give you an endorsement, feel free to include it in the bottom of your posting to deter confusion... but if not, don't worry... I am keeping track. 

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_factions

With that said... let's get some polling! 

February Week 1 - Initial Polling:

President Kimball - 21.34%

Caesar - 16.41%

Mr. House - 9.50%

Barry Goldwater - 2.78%

Raquel (Boomers) - 2.56%

Strom Thurmond - 1.67%

Undecided - 45.74%

Good luck!!

President Aaron Kimball first adress to the State of the Union of the NCR

New California Republic | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

Our Republic is the only hope for the return of a compassionate and democratic republic in the United States.

Our Republic stands strong since decades, because we've always been able to be open and to welcome newcomers.

For decades we have welcomed thousands, millions of refugees, agricultors, farmers

Thanks to these citizens, today we form the largest democracy in the Wasterlands, we have the mission to extend the model of our republic to the whole land and there is only one way, we have to win the Wasterland general election.

I appeal to all inhabitants who live outside our republic, whether mutants, knights scribes and paladins who disagree with the racism of the Brotherhood of Steel, members of the legion wishing to serve a just army , join us ! (1st event : try to get undecided on board by a state of union - rally)

OUR REPUBLIC, will formally request the endorsement of the Tops. Economic freedom needs a state to protect and ensure security through the whole Wasteland, but it also ensures a democratic and liberal states where laws are stable and commonly decided through time. (2nd event : request of endorsement)

AS TO CONCLUDE dear members of Congress, we want to make clear that we will cooperate with every independent groups which are wishing to cooperate for the neutrality and the safety of the Republic. Such as the boomers may become, let us face it, it's okay to be a boomer, but there will be no place for xenophobia or civil war inside our Republic !

3rd event : Aaron Kimball holds a rally in New Vegas.

The King, sensing that the opportunity for The Kings to expand their influence is neigh, sets in motion his plan to take The Kings from a measly street gang, into a legitimate power player in the New Vegas Territory

Phase - 1: Remove the NCR From Freeside

Rally: The King will hold a rally in Freeside whipping up Anti-NCR Squatter sentiment.

Sabotage(Maybe, I'm not sure how to put this one): Realizing that switchblades, and pistoles won't cut it the King contacts the owners of The Silver Rush, and attempts to work out a deal to buy their energy weapons at a good price.

Sabotage: The Kings will move from simply charging NCR Squatters double for water, to disallowing them to use the Freeside water pump at all.

1st event: Strom Thurmond gives the first speech of his campaign in New Vegas. "I had just recently resurfaced after 300 years below ground, and I could not believe my eyes. I could not have imagined that the world would be just this bad. Now of course, I lived on the East Coast prior to the Great War, but from my various trips out West in my times, it was a pleasant place. Now, I see nothing but disgrace. Two foolish factions living amongst each other, against each other. The New California Republic, and The Caesar's Legion. When I see the New California Republic, I see so-called "progress", which could only result in the degradation of society itself, vicious ghouls and mutants living amongst the fine people of California. Is that what we want? No, of course not! Now, I'm not saying ghouls and mutants should be treated as sub-humans, it's not their fault that they're evil mutant creatures. There ought to be a separation, or "segregation" of society, separate but equal, as to prevent society's downfall. Now, as for the Legion, all I see is Communism. You may have heard of it, you may not have heard of it, but all you need to know is that a Communist Society is nothing but infinite horrors and terrors for the people, a dictatorship of the few. I would compare Caesar to Joseph Stalin himself. There are no rights in The Legion, there are no states, there is no free speech. Is that a life that you want? A life in fear of being enslaved, tortured, murdered because you speak out against Stali- Caesar? Of course not. That's why I, Strom Thurmond of the Old World am here to save you, save the citizens of the Mojave. We will create a beautiful federalized Democracy, where you're free to live without fear. No fear of the oppressive government, no fear of the ghouls and mutants, and no fear of crime, as Law and Order will reign supreme in a Thurmond Mojave." (Rally)

2nd event: Strom Thurmond meets with Henry Jamison to request the endorsement of the Crimson Caravan. (Endorsement)

3rd event: Strom Thurmond will barnstorm through the New California Republic, attempting to convince the citizens that segregation is the way of the future. (Barnstorm)

The first event: New Vegas was... an interesting place. The surrounding area filled with culture as well but Goldwater just couldn't fathom what world he was in. He went into the chamber expecting an eternal sleep, not to wake up a century later in a post-nuclear America. But none the less, he persists telling wastelanders the stories of what is called the "Old World". Some even say he has a case of "Old World Blues". I never bothered him of course, but it was odd to say the least. Hell even Strom Thurmond managed to make it here. It felt like he just did a bunch of dope, but this was no doubt reality. He decided to barnstorm among the people of Freeside today. It was a poorer area yes, but from what he has heard it has gotten much better since the actions of the so-called "Courier". He wanted to avoid the Kings for now, they were an rambunctious group that do anything for power. Though the Elvis Presley impersonation's does bring him back a fair bit. He talked with some of the poor, had a chit chat with Ralph (Mick was out, Ralph was very vague when I asked why.), helped catch some ugly mutated rat for these two young boys, and then decided to rest for the day.

The second event: Goldwater goes to Westside to not just barnstorm, but most importantly spread his ideology of American Conservatism. It might just work in this world...

The third event: Although he doesn't expect much, Goldwater enters Old Mormon Fort to speak with Julie Farkas. He decides to go for an endorsement, claiming that he can bring his knowledge to make a better future for the Mojave Wasteland.

(Rally) Raquel will hold a rally in Freeside, calling on voters to vote for her to grant the Boomers isolation and independence, because if the Boomers were not freed, they would unleash hellfire on the Wasteland.

(Sabotage) The Boomers will unleash their artillery on Aaron Kimball campaign offices.

(Sabotage) The Boomers will unleash artillery on Mr.House campaign volunteers.

First event: Caesar gives a rally at The Fort, accompanied by Legate Lanius in front of the entire Legion Army and local tribes, realizing that a slavery-based economy is neither self-sufficient nor a good long-term plan, the Legion while retaining slavery, has become more agrarian-based since the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam

(Caesar steps up to his podium, adorned in military-dress) "As we have once risen from the depths of the Arizona we shall rise above all who oppose us in our quest to unite our Republic around an Empire that has stood the test of time. For too long we have been subjected to weak leadership from House, and the so-called President Kimball! Why should we have to pay their taxes when they get to live in their cities, never having a second-thought about what the tribes of the wasteland have to suffer through? This weak leadership is what led to war and disharmony in our lands in the first place, and like our Legion united hundreds of tribes decades ago under one glorious banner, we shall do again through honor, and diplomacy. Let this not be a sign of weakness, as our military stands ready shall the New California Republic retain their same imperialistic, barbaric ideas from before."

Anyone who doesn't believe in this campaign, our values or our people -- leave now. Caesar's Legion will unite the Mojave once and for all. One flag, one leader, one Mojave."

The legionaries salute Caesar chanting: "Ave! True to Caesar!"

Second Event: Endorsement - Caesar's Legion attempts to get an endorsement from the Great Khans, by hosting a meeting with Papa Khan and Caesar himself in a newly constructed 'Great Hall' in The Fort where the soldiers of both tribes are gifted bountiful wine and a feast as the leaders discuss diplomacy.

Third event: Sabotage - Caesar sends a centurion and a few veteran legionaries to Freeside to aid the Kings in evicting the NCR through intimidation.