270soft Forum

State of the Race: 10 Days Left

10 Day Poll  

36 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. How do you think the final debate will change the race?

• I didn't watch the entire or most of the debate, so I can't answer this question.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I think it will help Trump on election day.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I think it will help Biden on election day.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I don't think it will really change how things are currently going.
  3. 3. Who would you vote for if this were the election in 2024?

• Kamala Harris/Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D)
    • Donald Trump Jr/Kanye West (R)
    • 3rd Party/Wouldn't vote.
  4. 4. Who would you vote for if the 2024 election was:

• Pete Buttigieg/Andrew Yang (D)
    • Tom Cotton/Rand Paul (R)
    • 3rd Party Wouldn't vote
  5. 5. Who would you vote for if the 2024 election had these tickets?

• Gavin Newsom/Rashida Tlaib (D)
    • Charlie Baker/Mitt Romney (R)
    • Rand Paul/Mike Lee (L)
    • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez/Andrew Yang (G)
    • Another 3rd party or wouldn't vote.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possible explanation, but not really. Omaha is literally on the Iowa border, and Council Bluffs is a swing city in Iowa. If it tilts blue, it likely means game over there as well. However, I'm not sur

Biden raised $26M in the 24 hours after the Harris announcement and $31.5M in the 24 hours after the first debate.   I would think that the 24 hours after RBG died would probably be even hig

If this is true, then I am not. As I've said before, if Trumpism is the best my party can do, I'm not so sure that we're a party worth having. Might be better to migrate on over to the land of freedom

Posted Images

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Ya, but could be 268 -> 269 or 269 -> 270. I'm guessing that's the logic.

It just seems odd to waste time on that now. That's like a stop you make once the polls really show Biden losing quick ground but still shows him averaging a lead. It's really, really too preemptive. 

Just now, vcczar said:

It just seems odd to waste time on that now. That's like a stop you make once the polls really show Biden losing quick ground but still shows him averaging a lead. It's really, really too preemptive. 

Possible explanation, but not really. Omaha is literally on the Iowa border, and Council Bluffs is a swing city in Iowa. If it tilts blue, it likely means game over there as well. However, I'm not sure spending time even in Iowa is really a good option at this point either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Possible explanation, but not really. Omaha is literally on the Iowa border, and Council Bluffs is a swing city in Iowa. If it tilts blue, it likely means game over there as well. However, I'm not sure spending time even in Iowa is really a good option at this point either. 

Good point, NE-2 + IA. 2 swing regions and 1 close Senate race.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.2e5fe4d2b98b04165951d0ffa926bd0d.png

Any uptick in votes in Texas is likely a net negative for the GOP. That means that voters who rarely come out (Latinos, younger voters, etc.) are likely showing up this time. Won't know for sure until Election Day, obviously, but it's not a great sign in a must win state for Trump. 7.1 million voters have already voted (closer to 7.2), just truly amazing show of democracy, regardless of who wins. I'm glad turnout is up no matter what.

Just now, Hestia11 said:

image.thumb.png.2e5fe4d2b98b04165951d0ffa926bd0d.png

Any uptick in votes in Texas is likely a net negative for the GOP. That means that voters who rarely come out (Latinos, younger voters, etc.) are likely showing up this time. Won't know for sure until Election Day, obviously, but it's not a great sign in a must win state for Trump. 7.1 million voters have already voted (closer to 7.2), just truly amazing show of democracy, regardless of who wins. I'm glad turnout is up no matter what.

I'm worried about Texas despite yesterday's early vote totals. 

I just have this bad feeling there's gonna be a shock state that flips that no one is reporting more likely for Democrats. 

12 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Why do you say that?

Democratic voters usually dont show up. Higher turnout usually means those voters who dont show up are at the polls.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, vcczar said:

@admin_270 Biden going to GA on Tuesday, which kind of surprises me. You'd think he'd focus on PA, MI, and WI. 

Could be he's trying to help the downballot Senate races?

Of course, that doesn't explain reports that Harris will be making a campaign stop in Texas (assuming those reports are correct).

• Thanks 1