270soft Forum

State of the Race: 10 Days Left

10 Day Poll  

36 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. How do you think the final debate will change the race?

• I didn't watch the entire or most of the debate, so I can't answer this question.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I think it will help Trump on election day.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I think it will help Biden on election day.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I don't think it will really change how things are currently going.
  3. 3. Who would you vote for if this were the election in 2024?

• Kamala Harris/Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D)
    • Donald Trump Jr/Kanye West (R)
    • 3rd Party/Wouldn't vote.
  4. 4. Who would you vote for if the 2024 election was:

• Pete Buttigieg/Andrew Yang (D)
    • Tom Cotton/Rand Paul (R)
    • 3rd Party Wouldn't vote
  5. 5. Who would you vote for if the 2024 election had these tickets?

• Gavin Newsom/Rashida Tlaib (D)
    • Charlie Baker/Mitt Romney (R)
    • Rand Paul/Mike Lee (L)
    • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez/Andrew Yang (G)
    • Another 3rd party or wouldn't vote.

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

But Pence I think.. is too conservative for today to run as President. The LGBT thing etc 

With independents it won't work and a more moderate Democrat will probably beat him. But he can definitely get the nomination. Reminds me of Romney where Democrats can paint him as so evil and off base w humanity it might resonate. 

I agree. He could win the GOP nod, but I think a moderate Democrat could eviscerate him on social issues that he simply couldn't handle. I'm not sure why Kamala didn't bring it up in the VP debate, but I know in a presidential one, it will be brought up. Romney was unfairly criticized in some manners, but this would be a completely valid criticism of Pence.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possible explanation, but not really. Omaha is literally on the Iowa border, and Council Bluffs is a swing city in Iowa. If it tilts blue, it likely means game over there as well. However, I'm not sur

Biden raised $26M in the 24 hours after the Harris announcement and $31.5M in the 24 hours after the first debate.   I would think that the 24 hours after RBG died would probably be even hig

If this is true, then I am not. As I've said before, if Trumpism is the best my party can do, I'm not so sure that we're a party worth having. Might be better to migrate on over to the land of freedom

Posted Images

Just now, admin_270 said:

Seems like Trump campaign believes NH possible. This is the other half of the NV+NH possibility.

I could see it, technically since 2016 was somewhat close. However, NH has been polling even farther out of the window of error than Nevada. Interesting to see no rallies in Michigan. I would assume he'd try to protect that wall there as well. 

22 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

But Pence I think.. is too conservative for today to run as President. The LGBT thing etc 

Pence needs to campaign like a moderate but to govern like a true conservative. That's the best strategy. Remember he dodged the question whether Indiana should ban abortions or not when Roe v. Wade is overturned? That was classic and shows Pence's intelligence on how to phrase things so you don't lose much of the electorate. 

On a side note, I am glad to see that thread has turned into a Mike Pence appreciation thread :D 

12 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I could see it, technically since 2016 was somewhat close. However, NH has been polling even farther out of the window of error than Nevada. Interesting to see no rallies in Michigan. I would assume he'd try to protect that wall there as well. 

Yes, very interesting to see where he goes next week.

Speaking of Pence, Mon. > Rally > MN

29 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Why is his mouth so freakishly close to the microphone?

I was a radio DJ for four years, I never had to move the microphone to keep it from smacking into my nose like he does.

Lol I have no idea about that on the whole, but maybe the technology in 1997 wasn't as advanced as later on and you probably had to put your microphone closer for a good audio quality?!

Btw it's cool you got experience as a radio DJ.

• Like 1

These Axios polls seem most accurate to me.

via political polls on twitter:

National GE: Biden 52% (+6) Trump 46%

FLORIDA Trump 50% (+2) Biden 48% . OHIO Trump 50% (+2) Biden 48%

TEXAS Trump 51% (+4) Biden 47%

Is it possible Trump wins the EC but loses 52-46?? @Hestia11

--

edit: more polls

WISCONSIN Biden 55% (+12) Trump 43% .

MICHIGAN Biden 53% (+9) Trump 44% .

ARIZONA Biden 53% (+7) Trump 46% .

PENNSYLVANIA Biden 52% (+6) Trump 46%

NORTH CAROLINA Biden 52% (+6) Trump 46% .

GEORGIA Biden 50% (+1) Trump 49%

10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Yesterday Trump campaign's biggest online fundraising day ever. $26M.

He needs it. How does this compare to Biden's best day?

14 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Yesterday Trump campaign's biggest online fundraising day ever. $26M.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522483-biden-breaks-all-time-television-spending-record

Former Vice President Joe Biden’s campaign has spent more money on television and digital advertising than any other presidential candidate in American history, with more than a week left to go before Election Day.

Biden’s campaign has spent more than $582 million on television advertising since launching his campaign last year, according to data from the nonpartisan firm Advertising Analytics. In just the last week, Biden’s team spent $45 million on air.

The figure surpasses former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who spent heavily during the Democratic presidential primary in a bid to capture Super Tuesday votes.

And it easily surpasses President Trump, whose campaign has spent $342 million in the last two years, according to the firm.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Yes, huge fundraising for Biden. However, I believe Trump has beat Biden in small donor fundraising.

Biden said his avg donation is $46. What's Trump's

Biden raised $26M in the 24 hours after the Harris announcement and $31.5M in the 24 hours after the first debate.

I would think that the 24 hours after RBG died would probably be even higher, but haven't found that yet.

(Found $91M in the 28 hours after RBG died, but that includes all Democrats that got donations through Actblue).

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Biden said his avg donation is $46. What's Trump's

Checked and Trump has lower $ small individual contributions, but higher %, than Biden. I believe these numbers are from mid-Oct.

Trump > Small Individual Contributions (< $200)    $268,172,675    45.00%

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race/donald-trump/candidate?id=N00023864

Biden > Small Individual Contributions (< $200)    $368,342,252    38.80%

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race/joe-biden/candidate?id=N00001669

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Checked and Trump has lower $ small individual contributions, but higher %, than Biden. I believe these numbers are from mid-Oct.

Trump > Small Individual Contributions (< $200)    $268,172,675    45.00%

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race/donald-trump/candidate?id=N00023864

Biden > Small Individual Contributions (< $200)    $368,342,252    38.80%

https://www.opensecrets.org/2020-presidential-race/joe-biden/candidate?id=N00001669

One thing I notice from the emails that I get, Biden's campaign is routinely asking for $10. The Sanders campaign would routinely ask me for $1. 

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Was that back when they needed individual donor thresholds for the debates?

I'm not sure. He asked for $1 in 2016 also. 

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Trump's messaging is so scattered. The "old unhealthy" Biden label never stuck. This is much more effective and should have used from the start.

This isn't effective at all, because nobody believes it who wasn't already voting for Trump.

Biden isn't perfect.  He wasn't my first choice or my second.

But corrupt?  

That's a bunch of malarkey.

He was literally the poorest Senator when he was running for Vice President.  

Also, if you prefer people who aren't corrupt, I have some really SHOCKING news to share with you about the President of the United States.

But, seriously.

THIS is the real Joe Biden.

Can you imagine Donald Trump being moved to tears about...anything?  Caring about ANYTHING that much at ALL?