270soft Forum

State of the Race: 10 Days Left

10 Day Poll  

36 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. How do you think the final debate will change the race?

• I didn't watch the entire or most of the debate, so I can't answer this question.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I think it will help Trump on election day.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I think it will help Biden on election day.
    • I watched the entire or most of the debate, and I don't think it will really change how things are currently going.
  3. 3. Who would you vote for if this were the election in 2024?

• Kamala Harris/Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D)
    • Donald Trump Jr/Kanye West (R)
    • 3rd Party/Wouldn't vote.
  4. 4. Who would you vote for if the 2024 election was:

• Pete Buttigieg/Andrew Yang (D)
    • Tom Cotton/Rand Paul (R)
    • 3rd Party Wouldn't vote
  5. 5. Who would you vote for if the 2024 election had these tickets?

• Gavin Newsom/Rashida Tlaib (D)
    • Charlie Baker/Mitt Romney (R)
    • Rand Paul/Mike Lee (L)
    • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez/Andrew Yang (G)
    • Another 3rd party or wouldn't vote.

Harris/AOC is a hell no and so is Don Jr.

Under this timeline it can be assume that for Don Jr. to be relevant, his dad had to win in 2020. This likely means he has taken over the GOP and divorced it from actual conservatism. The only choice that a principled conservative like me would likely have given this series of events is to become a card-carrying Libertarian.

Buttigieg/Yang is not awful but I don't think it's by any means good. Cotton is gross and I'd hate to see him nominated in 2024 but Rand Paul makes it fine, I could stomach it.

The last one is a no-brainer. If Romney were at the top of the ticket it might be tougher, but I'll take a Paul/Lee ticket.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possible explanation, but not really. Omaha is literally on the Iowa border, and Council Bluffs is a swing city in Iowa. If it tilts blue, it likely means game over there as well. However, I'm not sur

Biden raised $26M in the 24 hours after the Harris announcement and $31.5M in the 24 hours after the first debate.   I would think that the 24 hours after RBG died would probably be even hig

If this is true, then I am not. As I've said before, if Trumpism is the best my party can do, I'm not so sure that we're a party worth having. Might be better to migrate on over to the land of freedom

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

lol, fair. 

Hope you realize regardless Trump Jr. is most likely running in 4 years against pence (who will also be aligned, like it or not w Trump).

Your best is a total Biden blowout and they take control of all 3 houses. Will it happen? Highly doubt it. Trump is here to stay amigo 

If this is true, then I am not. As I've said before, if Trumpism is the best my party can do, I'm not so sure that we're a party worth having. Might be better to migrate on over to the land of freedom and actual limited government, our golden friends.

Then again, I have hope for this country and my party that we'll soundly reject Trumpism. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd be happy to vote for Buttigieg.  I'd vote for Harris/AOC (and hope that Harris remained healthy and well).  And I'd have to think carefully about the third case, but I'd probably lean towards voting for Baker *provided* the Republican party had reformed, rid itself of Trumpism and Baker was representative of the party.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Mine is Buttigieg/Booker, I think.  Buttigieg at the top for sure, VP I’m more open about.

Buttigieg and Booker were my two top choices during the primary.  I'd probably want Booker at the top of that ticket, though, cause Buttigieg is younger and could use more experience.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Harris/AOC is a hell no and so is Don Jr.

Under this timeline it can be assume that for Don Jr. to be relevant, his dad had to win in 2020. This likely means he has taken over the GOP and divorced it from actual conservatism. The only choice that a principled conservative like me would likely have given this series of events is to become a card-carrying Libertarian.

Buttigieg/Yang is not awful but I don't think it's by any means good. Cotton is gross and I'd hate to see him nominated in 2024 but Rand Paul makes it fine, I could stomach it.

The last one is a no-brainer. If Romney were at the top of the ticket it might be tougher, but I'll take a Paul/Lee ticket.

if he loses and it's contested and scream rigged I think he'll be fine.

"principled conservative" is like 3% of the party. Trump's base and loyalty currently (ESPECIALLY compared to 2016) is top notch dude sorry to say.

And it should be Yang/progressive not w Buttigieg. 

12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

If this is true, then I am not. As I've said before, if Trumpism is the best my party can do, I'm not so sure that we're a party worth having. Might be better to migrate on over to the land of freedom and actual limited government, our golden friends.

Then again, I have hope for this country and my party that we'll soundly reject Trumpism. 

don't you realize from 2016 that it is not the case w Republicans?

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

if he loses and it's contested and scream rigged I think he'll be fine.

"principled conservative" is like 3% of the party. Trump's base and loyalty currently (ESPECIALLY compared to 2016) is top notch dude sorry to say.

And it should be Yang/progressive not w Buttigieg. 

I mean most elected Republicans are already distancing themselves. The "Follow the Leader" GOP seems to be hedging their bets against Trump. I think his son will have a hard row to hoe if it's not a victory.

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

don't you realize from 2016 that it is not the case w Republicans?

All I know is, we have the capacity to be better than this.

23 minutes ago, Defiant said:

Buttigieg and Booker were my two top choices during the primary.  I'd probably want Booker at the top of that ticket, though, cause Buttigieg is younger and could use more experience.

In four years, he’s going to be 4 years older.

22 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I mean most elected Republicans are already distancing themselves. The "Follow the Leader" GOP seems to be hedging their bets against Trump. I think his son will have a hard row to hoe if it's not a victory.

If Trump loses this time, Trump Jr. isn't winning in 2024 under any situation.. even if he wins I think trump fatigue will play out Pence or Cotton wins.. 

But I heard all these stories in 2016 and EVERYONE Republican showed up. Its' only gotten better for trump since then. 

8 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

In four years, he’s going to be 4 years older.

Thank you for that Coach Berra.

• Haha 1

My money is definitely on Pence to be the nominee in 2024 if Trump wins.  Pence, more than any other politician I am aware of, is extremely skilled at making the Trump Presidency sound normal (winning Trump supporters) while also being much more preferable to the Never Trump Republicans.  

If Trump loses though, I'm not sure Pence runs -- by 2024, the fight between the two parties will have moved past Trump's  influence and legacy.  

• Upvote 1
Just now, Actinguy said:

My money is definitely on Pence to be the nominee in 2024 if Trump wins.  Pence, more than any other politician I am aware of, is extremely skilled at making the Trump Presidency sound normal (winning Trump supporters) while also being much more preferable to the Never Trump Republicans.  

If Trump loses though, I'm not sure Pence runs -- by 2024, the fight between the two parties will have moved past Trump's  influence and legacy.  

Pence has a strong base of support with the religious right, so he will be a contender even without Trump’s legacy on his side.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Hope you realize regardless Trump Jr. is most likely running in 4 years against pence 

I can't think of the enthusiasm I'll have for the Pence campaign. That will be starting point for the conservative revolution the world needs for it's betterment. It will start in the US, but hopefully it will ignite a true conservative movement based around honor, decency and pragmatism in other countries as well. 

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I can't think of the enthusiasm I'll have for the Pence campaign. That will be starting point for the conservative revolution the world needs for it's betterment. It will start in the US, but hopefully it will ignite a true conservative movement based around honor, decency and pragmatism in other countries as well. 

And oppression.

4 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Pence, more than any other politician I am aware of, is extremely skilled at making the Trump Presidency sound normal (winning Trump supporters) while also being much more preferable to the Never Trump Republicans.  

Very good analysis. Mike is incredible and exactly the kind of politician I admire.

Pence is more dangerous than Trump, in my opinion. He actually knows what he'd be doing. He'd attempt to set back rights for LGBT Americans decades in the past. He's a religious nut with no concept of true religious freedom. He believes in religious freedom - as long as it's his religion that gets to be the one that enjoys all the perks. There are conservatives that I don't agree with that I wouldn't say these things about (Haley, obviously people like Romney, even Ernst and others), but Pence is truly dangerous to anyone that is just a little different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

Pence has a strong base of support with the religious right, so he will be a contender even without Trump’s legacy on his side.

Of course, but that applies to half the Republican party.  Pence's bonus points with the MAGA crowd are what make him unbeatable in the Republican primary.

That's now needed here :D

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Pence is more dangerous than Trump, in my opinion. He actually knows what he'd be doing. He'd attempt to set back rights for LGBT Americans decades in the past. He's a religious nut with no concept of true religious freedom. He believes in religious freedom - as long as it's his religion that gets to be the one that enjoys all the perks. There are conservatives that I don't agree with that I wouldn't say these things about (Haley, obviously people like Romney, even Ernst and others), but Pence is truly dangerous to anyone that is just a little different.

As a Democrat, I completely agree.  I've always said that the one good thing about Trump is that he is stunningly incompetent -- most of his evil plans fall apart through his own ineptitude.  

Better an incompetent evil than a competent one.

But obviously that's not how the Republicans will see it.

Yes Pence is a strong candidate. His debates against Kamala and Kaine were remarkable . 

I just wonder if Trump loses how much of the blame he'll be taking (even w Trump Jr running).

And as always, I'm sure Donald Trump will be sucking all the energy out of the room if his son runs. Even if Pence runs there will inevitably be Republicans bashing Trump to try to win the nomination. 

But Pence I think.. is too conservative for today to run as President. The LGBT thing etc 

With independents it won't work and a more moderate Democrat will probably beat him. But he can definitely get the nomination. Reminds me of Romney where Democrats can paint him as so evil and off base w humanity it might resonate.