Founding Fathers Part Four: A New Hope

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How actinguy determines my dice rolls

@swejie @Leuser @mlcorcoran @upandaway Hi guys. Just a quick note that I am departing this forum.  I’m not sure yet what that means for this game, though we may be able to migrate to another foru

Kern will contribute his 2 personal IP, Cleveland can provide the 3rd.  Off to congress!

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

C8A53120-14AB-44FD-BED6-C952DF053DDA.thumb.jpeg.38d5e6bf162dc3944c044a1fd42d836a.jpeg

Thinking strategically, I think a Northeastern Bourbon "Gold Democrat" would be opposed to statehood for a territory that is drunk off silver and populism. However, there's a strain of Libertarianism about the Bourbon's that wouldn't deny the people to have statehood. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mlcorcoran said:

Secretary of Interior Chester A. Arthur delivers the petition to Congress for a vote. The Senate Majority Leader calls for a roll call vote @Actinguy

We open with @swejie.  What say you on the matter of Colorado statehood?

(note what I said earlier about checking for issue bonuses)

As we have few players this time, we’ll try to do all votes in order (President votes last).  If you’re playing a card to support your vote, announce that you’re doing so when you place your vote.

Just now, Leuser said:

While not terribly interested in the idea, this is not the hill to die on. My statesmen died on that hill enough in the last 2 years. Aye with my limited power due to Covid...

That's a total of 12 aye votes so far.  @vcczar has informed me he is an aye as well, which presumably means this passes unanimously unless this all a very rude scheme by @mlcorcoran to overturn his own proposal.  ;c)

@mlcorcoran 

ISSUE THREE

With Colorado passing into statehood unanimously, the national mood may finally be ripe to establish the gold standard once and for all.  The recent gold finds in the badlands and Colorado will help us expand the economy while guarding against inflation.  You've long been a proponent of this measure -- is the timing right to finally make it law?

Something I mentioned at the beginning, but reminder now that it’s come up for the first time:

For the purpose of issue cards, Democrat party leader and Republican Party leader actually refers to the Faction leaders.

So for this card, Democrat Party Leader refers to @swejie Chief Justice Lamar.

As I believe this will benefit the President, I want to make this happen to help his legacy. The issue though, Wheeler is not experienced enough to pull the strings to bring us together to make this happen. With a 1 IP donation to the cause from @mlcorcoran and @vcczar I can get it done!

Do I have the support of the factions that this will support the most?

2 hours ago, Leuser said:

As I believe this will benefit the President, I want to make this happen to help his legacy. The issue though, Wheeler is not experienced enough to pull the strings to bring us together to make this happen. With a 1 IP donation to the cause from @mlcorcoran and @vcczar I can get it done!

Do I have the support of the factions that this will support the most?

No. 

• Like 1

@Actinguy I change my vote. Didn’t see the issue card. Thought we were still on Colorado. I’m multitasking with work right now. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Leuser said:

Just to make sure I am reading the new items correctly @Actinguy, @mlcorcoran and @vcczarboth gain additional VP for this passing, correct?

Correct, in addition to popularity to the Vice President (you), President (MLC), and Treasurer (you).  Additionally, the Chief Justice (Swejie) will get 2 IP.

This is, in theory, win-win-win-win for everyone...but politics make for strange bed...enemies, sometimes.  ;c)