270soft Forum

"3rd Debate" Thread

What is everybody's drink of choice for this stressful final debate? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something I've noticed - neither of them are particularly good at contextualizing. They both tend to make references to things without really explaining what they're talking about, in a way that may m

Yeah your rose colored glasses are showing. Dont think I didnt notice how you went completely silent while Bidens dominant streak during the health care portion was happening. 

Yes she definitively was a good moderator, she was very neutral and gave them a good time to reply.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Doubt it. Everyone already knew about the emails stuff, I think it was the fact that she barely visited the rust belt states after the convention, and let Trump gain ground in the last two weeks.

Yeah, that was a bigger factor. I think the Comey stuff was a bigger factor than the 3rd debate. The email stuff was old old new, but this sort of underscored it all, coming from the top FBI guy right before the election when you had a lot of undecideds that disliked both Trump and Clinton and needed to make a decision.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

water so im fully aware of what's transpiring :)

Sipping not guzzling ;) 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

I'm not going to be stressed until Biden starts babbling and can't catch his words. 50% chance of that happening.

Just now, vcczar said:

Yeah, that was a bigger factor. I think the Comey stuff was a bigger factor than the 3rd debate. The email stuff was old old new, but this sort of underscored it all, coming from the top FBI guy right before the election when you had a lot of undecideds that disliked both Trump and Clinton and needed to make a decision.

Comey was arguable more polarizing than Trump. I remember following the election and one week the Trump camp would love him because of something about emails, then the Hillary camp would love him because he criticized Trump and it'd go back and forth each week lmao.

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I'm not going to be stressed until Biden starts babbling and can't catch his words. 50% chance of that happening.

My prediction is for the first half Trump will be at the level that he was during his town hall, then spun into the hellhole of the first debate. I hope I am wrong. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Glenmorangie 10 neat with water back. Gonna start with the water though and just sip on one glass and make it last.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, billay said:

I'm broke so sailor jerrys

Me and my friends stick to the $15 and under as well, so a mix of red's and sweet wine it is! 

• Upvote 2
Just now, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Me and my friends stick to the $15 and under as well, so a mix of red's and sweet wine it is! 

I love apple beers. More of a white wine guy myself (if I drink wine, I'm a whiskey guy) but i'm not good at tasting wines.

I also got Wild Turkey 101 if this shit goes south.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I love apple beers. More of a white wine guy myself (if I drink wine, I'm a whiskey guy) but i'm not good at tasting wines.

I also got Wild Turkey 101 if this shit goes south.

Ever had a Sazerac?

6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

No but I've had an Old Fashioned.

Yeah, they're related. Sazerac is like the New Orleans version. The difference is the Sazerac has an absinthe rinse and uses peychaud's bitters instead of angostura bitters. Sazerac is usually drank without any cherries or oranges or whatever in it. In fact, a real Old Fashioned isn't supposed to have those either.

• Upvote 1

An interesting drink that is made at a restaurant in downtown Knoxville is called a lunchbox. It's Skrewball peanut butter whiskey, blackberry liquor, and I believe grape simple syrup garnished with sweet cherries and it tastes just like a peanut butter and jelly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, they're related. Sazerac is like the New Orleans version. The difference is the Sazerac has an absinthe rinse and uses peychaud's bitters instead of angostura bitters. Sazerac is usually drank without any cherries or oranges or whatever in it. In fact, a real Old Fashioned isn't supposed to have those either.

I'll have to make one or order one sometime.

1 minute ago, Herbert Hoover said:

An interesting drink that is made at a restaurant in downtown Knoxville is called a lunchbox. It's Skrewball peanut butter whiskey, blackberry liquor, and I believe grape simple syrup garnished with sweet cherries and it tastes just like a peanut butter and jelly. 

Ok this is epic.

You used to be able to combine some pipe tobaccos to make one that tasted like cinnamon toast crunch.

6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'll have to make one or order one sometime.

One of my friends is one of the top bartenders in New Orleans and helped found the Museum of the American Cocktail. His favorite drink seems to be a mint julip. He's of the philosophy that the classic cocktails are the universally best drinks. They've lasted the longest, they tend to have the highest success rate when making them, they're rarely out of style. He has like 5 to 7 drinks that he says he could make over and over again out of the classics. He's got the entire history of them memorized. When he makes the drink he tells various stories. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

What platform are you guys watching on? I'm watching CNN

I’m doing CNN because I’m used to the screen’s format. Really doesn’t matter for me which station. I wish The Hill (centrist, formerly center-right pre-trump website) had a News channel. Easily the most balanced news source of those of any note that allows opinions and that isn’t a an aggregate. 

• Upvote 1