270soft Forum

"3rd Debate" Thread

Something I've noticed - neither of them are particularly good at contextualizing. They both tend to make references to things without really explaining what they're talking about, in a way that may make sense to those of us who follow politics closely but could just confuse people who don't.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something I've noticed - neither of them are particularly good at contextualizing. They both tend to make references to things without really explaining what they're talking about, in a way that may m

Yeah your rose colored glasses are showing. Dont think I didnt notice how you went completely silent while Bidens dominant streak during the health care portion was happening. 

Yes she definitively was a good moderator, she was very neutral and gave them a good time to reply.

Posted Images

Honestly I agree with @vcczar it's an even debate even if I would give a slight lead to Biden on the performance (not a huge one)

Trump needed to win and he should have tried to ask more difficult questions on Biden than attacking or repeating his lines.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Hestia11 said:

Did I say Obama? Its not Obama vs Trump.

"You're a clear partisan who wont ever break party lines."

Not for Biden

but if you had looked at my 5 posts from yesterday  

I said Obama would have made it a very tough decision so what you said is wrong 

Just now, RI Democrat said:

Something I've noticed - neither of them are particularly good at contextualizing. They both tend to make references to things without really explaining what they're talking about, in a way that may make sense to those of us who follow politics closely but could just confuse people who don't.

that's why they are both the nominees

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

"You're a clear partisan who wont ever break party lines."

Not for Biden

but if you had looked at my 5 posts from yesterday  

I said Obama would have made it a very tough decision so what you said is wrong 

But when it comes to Trump vs Biden you arent neutral in the slightest. So dont put out statements acting like a neutral arbiter when you're most definitely not.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

But when it comes to Trump vs Biden you arent neutral in the slightest. So dont put out statements acting like a neutral arbiter when you're most definitely not.

You said "I won't ever break party lines"

I've voted Democratic before many times including locally.

And I'm not allowed to have an opinion? You must have missed my comments on Kamala and Joe in the 1st debate. Again. 

I liked Biden's two statements in the 2nd topic which would appeal to blue collar folks. 

Happy? lol 

I'll say my opinion. If we want to talk about people who aren't neutral here I will not comment. 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

You said "I won't ever break party lines"

I've voted Democratic before many times including locally.

And I'm not allowed to have an opinion? You must have missed my comments on Kamala and Joe in the 1st debate. Again. 

I liked Biden's two statements in the 2nd topic which would appeal to blue collar folks. 

Happy? lol 

Sure. But express it as an opinion, not as "anybody who thinks Biden won" is basically kidding themselves. Its close enough that I could see people making a variety of conclusions.

Notice how Trump is still attacking Biden during his inaugural. That is called being a Divider-in-Chief.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Hestia11 said:

Sure. But express it as an opinion, not as "anybody who thinks Biden won" is basically kidding themselves. Its close enough that I could see people making a variety of conclusions.

That's fair. Noted. 

I respect that we can discuss things in a polite and respectful manner and I see your point regarding that. You also did it in a way without threatening actions.... It's very refreshing given  ____ _______ 

I'd say a lot more but I'll refrain. 😂

No one did noticeably well. No one failed. Neither won or lost. I’m not sure how an undecided would think of this, especially one that dislikes both candidates. I think Trump needed an obvious win since he’s losing the election in the polls. He didn’t get that. I fell more comfortable than I did before the debate. Although, I wish Biden had skewered Trump rather than having been calm all the time. However, maybe that was the best strategy.  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Trump B

Biden C

Trump had good moments and clever wordplay, but stumbled at points and failed to hammer Biden at times.

Biden held his own and exceeded my (low) expectations. No major gaffes, but several times where he confused words and stuttered. Was strong at points, especially on healthcare and COVID.

Favorite Trump line: “The cure cannot be worse than the problem itself.”

Favorite Biden line: “they aren’t learning to live with it, they’re learning to die with it!”

• Thanks 1

Trump did amazing. The fact that most conservatives from what I'm reading thought Trump killed it and Democrats are like, "... well it might have been a tie"says everything.

Didn't we just do this w Kamala and Pence? Same reaction basically. 

There are so many undecided voters that want to vote for Trump but are hesitant bc of X , this probably sealed it. I feel much more comfortable than before the debate started on his chances.

Off the top my head, I'll give it 60-40 odds for Trump to win. Still a very very close election.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Zenobiyl said:

Although I rated Biden lower, I think he won considering he more or less tied Trump. That was all he needed to do in my opinion.

I'm still not clear why people think all Biden needed was a tie given the tightening of polls in BATTLEGROUND states recently. Not national.  BATTLEGROUND. 

Thoughts from your friend kitten!

Very classy start, both men were civil and Trump contained himself unlike other debates that I have seen him involved in. To me it was a strange sight to see but rather welcoming.

The moderator did a good job going through question after question and keeping the flow moving.

Did Trump kill the debate? No and yes. He certainly fired up his base but that could fire up independents/centrists/moderates that were undecided.

Did Biden pull out a win? I say no but he didn't lose because he was the typical Joe Biden that we have seen in debates as of late. A few folksy moments here and there, no major gaffes that I saw altho Joe did pull a papa Bush and it made me feel rather nostalgic.

The real winner of the debate, the American people at least compared to the other one :)

There's my two cents. It's not in depth as everyone but it's just what I thought.

Now to create more scenarios 😛

• Upvote 5