270soft Forum

"3rd Debate" Thread

vcczar

I'll have to go back to these incredible 20 minutes I supposedly missed where Biden was amazing

But from everything else I saw in the other 1hr 10 minutes.. it hasn't been that close. Especially the last 30 minutes which apparently some posters here had "Trump on his heels"

We are clearly watching two different debates. 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

I'll have to go back to these incredible 20 minutes I supposedly missed where Biden was amazing

But from everything else I saw in the other 1hr 10 minutes.. it hasn't been that close. Especially the last 30 minutes which apparently some posters here had "Trump on his heels"

We are clearly watching two different debates. 

Do you need kneepads?

2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Hoppin thru hoops 4 AOC + 3 should be a children's book.

Trump routinely tries to tie Biden to AOC and Sanders, which is laughable. 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Dont act neutral, because you arent. I dont pretend I am, and I have said more good things about Trump tonight than you have ever said about Biden. You're a clear partisan who wont ever break party lines.

Umm you missed my comments praising Obama then yesterday. I had like 5 of them actually, might want to check it out. 

Something I've noticed - neither of them are particularly good at contextualizing. They both tend to make references to things without really explaining what they're talking about, in a way that may make sense to those of us who follow politics closely but could just confuse people who don't.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Just now, RI Democrat said:

Something I've noticed - neither of them are particularly good at contextualizing. They both tend to make references to things without really explaining what they're talking about, in a way that may make sense to those of us who follow politics closely but could just confuse people who don't.

that's why they are both the nominees

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

But when it comes to Trump vs Biden you arent neutral in the slightest. So dont put out statements acting like a neutral arbiter when you're most definitely not.

You said "I won't ever break party lines"

I've voted Democratic before many times including locally.

And I'm not allowed to have an opinion? You must have missed my comments on Kamala and Joe in the 1st debate. Again. 

I liked Biden's two statements in the 2nd topic which would appeal to blue collar folks. 

Happy? lol 

I'll say my opinion. If we want to talk about people who aren't neutral here I will not comment. 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Sure. But express it as an opinion, not as "anybody who thinks Biden won" is basically kidding themselves. Its close enough that I could see people making a variety of conclusions.

That's fair. Noted. 

I respect that we can discuss things in a polite and respectful manner and I see your point regarding that. You also did it in a way without threatening actions.... It's very refreshing given  ____ _______ 

I'd say a lot more but I'll refrain. 😂

No one did noticeably well. No one failed. Neither won or lost. I’m not sure how an undecided would think of this, especially one that dislikes both candidates. I think Trump needed an obvious win since he’s losing the election in the polls. He didn’t get that. I fell more comfortable than I did before the debate. Although, I wish Biden had skewered Trump rather than having been calm all the time. However, maybe that was the best strategy.  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Trump B

Biden C

Trump had good moments and clever wordplay, but stumbled at points and failed to hammer Biden at times.

Biden held his own and exceeded my (low) expectations. No major gaffes, but several times where he confused words and stuttered. Was strong at points, especially on healthcare and COVID.

Favorite Trump line: “The cure cannot be worse than the problem itself.”

Favorite Biden line: “they aren’t learning to live with it, they’re learning to die with it!”

• Thanks 1