270soft Forum

What do you think each candidate has to accomplish tonight?

Biden has to not gaffe.

Trump has to attack Biden and make him gaffe/fail to respond well

Although this is rough for Trump, as even a tie is bad for him in my opinion, the Hunter Biden story will no doubt give Trump serious ammunition. I would be worried if I was Biden.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

To move their candidacy significantly (more) toward victory, what do you think each candidate has to accomplish tonight?

If Trump can pretend biden is Hillary and avoid acting like a lunatic, allow him to talk, OCCASIONALLY interrupt (just saying "Wrong" or some funny quip) and then when it's his turn to talk HAMMER HIM on policy he'll be in great shapee.

He literally did this in the 2nd and 3rd debates against Hillary he can do it again.

I still think there was some COVID issue messing him up @ the first debate, but we'll see. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

Biden has to not gaffe.

Trump has to attack Biden and make him gaffe/fail to respond well

Although this is rough for Trump, as even a tie is bad for him in my opinion, the Hunter Biden story will no doubt give Trump serious ammunition. I would be worried if I was Biden.

A tie is great for Trump imo, he does not need an outright win he just needs to make it clear it's a choice between 2 different visions of America. It cannot be an night of, "Look what a lunatic Trump looked like yelling over Biden/having his mic cut a million times"

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if Trump walked off the stage mid-way through if he keeps getting muted.Heard it here first.

And I think the Hunter Biden story is not going to play much w voters unless Joe Biden has a major freakout outburst on stage. Possible, but still I'd focus on policy. 

Joe Biden needs to be more proactive and take on the offense to Trump, he can't let the Donald take control and stomp all over him.

Donald Trump should do a mix of an focus on any accomplishments in his time of office and any attacks that could hit hard and make Joe stumble. Overall though, Trump needs to make himself look more favorable.

8 minutes ago, Cenzonico said:

Joe Biden needs to be more proactive and take on the offense to Trump, he can't let the Donald take control and stomp all over him.

Donald Trump should do a mix of an focus on any accomplishments in his time of office and any attacks that could hit hard and make Joe stumble. Overall though, Trump needs to make himself look more favorable.

Has anyone ever been on the offense against Trump? The best I can think of is Marco Rubio in the Michigan debate. I think Jeb may have after his... 4th debate against Trump? By then it was too late. 

It would be an interesting strategy to see Biden go super aggressive.. idk his team is so laissez faire I don't see that happening. We'll see. 

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

To move their candidacy significantly (more) toward victory, what do you think each candidate has to accomplish tonight?

Biden just needs to not trip over his words and let Trump set himself on fire. 

Trump needs to not set himself on fire, but also compel Biden to trip on his words. 

Basically, both need to just not do what they did in the first debate and during the town halls. 

I think Trump is required to win this debate if he wants a chance at victory. I think he can probably do a lot of damage control here. I think both candidates can win by just playing it cool. However, Trump needs to both win and have Biden lose. 

Biden needs to take Trump to task over COVID. Emphasize his humanity while also dragging Trump for something that he caused.

Trump needs to make Biden prattle on and get flustered and hopefully make a mistake.

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

Biden needs to take Trump to task over COVID. Emphasize his humanity while also dragging Trump for something that he caused.

Trump needs to make Biden prattle on and get flustered and hopefully make a mistake.

Didn't he do this last time?

Biden needs to rewatch his debate w Paul Ryan and just copy that. Makes Trump look small. 

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Didn't he do this last time?

Biden needs to rewatch his debate w Paul Ryan and just copy that. Makes Trump look small. 

He tried but he needs to be more forceful.

Biden needs to avoid any significant gaffes, remind everyone of Trump's failures on Covid, and generally come across as steady and trustworthy. 

Trump needs to land some sort of big attack against Biden that makes a significant portion of voters rethink their current intentions.