270soft Forum

State of the Race: 11 Days Left

11 Days Poll  

23 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. In Obama's speech last night, he brought up that Fox News would have been all over him if he had had a Chinese Bank account. Is it a big deal that Pres. Trump has a Chinese bank account?

• Yes, it would be a big negative for any president to have a Chinese Bank account, whether Trump or Obama.
    • It's only bad that Trump has one because he's trying to play that he's tough on China.
    • It would only be bad if Obama had a Chinese Bank account. It's not bad for Trump to have one.
    • It is not important if a president has a Chinese bank account, whether Trump or Obama.
  3. 3. Do you think Democrats boycotting Justice Barrett's Judiciary Committee will help energize Democrats on election day?

• It won't matter one way or the other.
    • Yes.
    • It will backfire, helping GOP on election day.
  4. 4. Who do you hope wins the 2020 Election out of the two major tickets?

5. 5. A Psychological-Political Test! (Based off reading a Business Insider article on psychology and political leanings--I might do a longer one later at some point)

• I think I express and process fear more than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • My political views are somewhat expressed by my need to feel safe and secure, more so than I think are people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I am more grossed out by things than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think myself, and people that align with me politically, have more ordered thinking patterns, using a step-by-step thinking process.
    • I think myself, and people that align with me politically, tend to have more "aha" moments, more capable of reorganizing their thoughts in flexible ways when stuck.
    • I think I can focus more on a single issue without veering off topic than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I am more likely to move the topic off a single issue than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I am more resistant to change than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • My political views help to reduce fear, anxiety, and uncertainty; to avoid change, disruption, and ambiguity; and to explain, order, and justify inequality among groups and individuals.
    • I tend to like simple paintings, familiar music, unambiguous poems over more abstract art, experimental music and ambiguous poems.
    • I tend to like abstract art, experimental music, and ambiguous poems over simple painting, familiar music, and unambiguous poems.
    • I think I am more compassionate and optimistic than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I am more of a person of honor and religion than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I am more concerned with compassion and fairness than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I am more concerned with loyalty, tradition, authority, and purity than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I have more self-control than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I express compassion to a smaller social circle than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I am more likely to express the same level of compassion for people around the world, even to non-human subjects like animals, than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • I think I am more attracted to Trump's personality and concept of money than I am about his political leanings.
    • I think I am more likely to seek power over others, be motivated by wealth accumulation, prefer conformity, hierarchy, and clear-cut rules than people on the other side of the political spectrum.
    • None of these apply to me

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree with this 100%. Stop subsidizing big, inhumane factory farms and let the little farms flourish.

Weekly jobless claims -> lowest since March. Number complicated by unprecedented dynamics, though. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/22/weekly-jobless-claims.html

Not really apathetic - I'm quite interested in elections. But it's like being upset the tide has gone in or gone out.

13 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Seems to me there's a significant moral difference between humans and other animals, which applies to this.

Morally yes, but when the discussion is just about the fact of eating dead flesh, the difference isn't that big anymore I guess.

18 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Morally yes, but when the discussion is just about the fact of eating dead flesh, the difference isn't that big anymore I guess.

My guess is the reason people think of these quite differently is that they view humans as morally quite different from other animals.

• Upvote 1