270soft Forum

Final Debate Moderator to Mute Trump and Biden During Each Other’s Initial Responses

PoliticalPundit

"During this two-minute period, moderator and NBC News White House correspondent Kristen Welker will cut off the microphone of the candidate who is not supposed to be speakin"

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/moderator-to-mute-trump-and-biden-during-initial-responses.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

The open discussion portion, which counts for the other 11 minutes of each segment, will not feature a mic-muting option, though the commission noted that “time taken up during any interruptions will be returned to the other candidate.”

--

A big win for Trump tbh. If this is a policy debate Trump will win. And hopefully with his limited time to interrupt, it makes it appear not as overwhelming as the 1st debate.

I would guarantee though Welker will end up muting Trump during the "open discussion" at some point and twitter will get wild.. IF NOT multiple times 

13 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

"During this two-minute period, moderator and NBC News White House correspondent Kristen Welker will cut off the microphone of the candidate who is not supposed to be speakin"

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/moderator-to-mute-trump-and-biden-during-initial-responses.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

The open discussion portion, which counts for the other 11 minutes of each segment, will not feature a mic-muting option, though the commission noted that “time taken up during any interruptions will be returned to the other candidate.”

--

A big win for Trump tbh. If this is a policy debate Trump will win. And hopefully with his limited time to interrupt, it makes it appear not as overwhelming as the 1st debate.

I would guarantee though Welker will end up muting Trump during the "open discussion" at some point and twitter will get wild.. IF NOT multiple times 

Finally. I'm so glad they're doing this. 

In a policy debate Trump wins.

5 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

100% agree

but you know liberals and the moderator can't WAIT to meme when they mute Trump when hes talking too much in the open discussion.

5 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

tbh Biden was dumb to agree to this

he came across incredible compared to trump in the 1st debate and this would be more of the same bc trump doesn't change.

im shocked frankly biden agreed to it. 

I suppose if you take pride, even relish, that dirty pool politics is all that's likely to get the candidate you want to win, that speaks volumes for your character and values.

Helps Trump, because Trump hurts himself with undecideds the more he talks, and came off as a bully when he repeatedly interrupted Biden in the last debate.

I do have visions of Trump going over to Biden and stealing his mic to talk into when it's Biden's turn to talk, though. ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Patine said:

I suppose if you take pride, even relish, that dirty pool politics is all that's likely to get the candidate you want to win, that speaks volumes for your character and values.

@admin_270  @vcczar personal attack. is it not? 

"speaks volumes for your character and values."??? Really? 

I thought you blocked me? are you back to harassing me? 

do not attack my character. I'll come right back at you ___ ____ ______. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

That’s close to a personal attack but since he’s using “suppose” it somewhat diluted the attack into something less certain than a definitive attack. However, it is bad form and I could see one wanting admin to do something about it. It’s not really a full throated attack. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Given the context (just banned 2, then 4 days for personal attacks) Patine is given an 8 day break. @Patine please cut the personal attacks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

That’s close to a personal attack but since he’s using “suppose” it somewhat diluted the attack into something less certain than a definitive attack. However, it is bad form and I could see one wanting admin to do something about it. It’s not really a full throated attack. 

be honest vcczar 

if I wrote a post to you ending it w, "speaks volumes for your character and values." I think you'd take offense and consider it a personal attack.

we disagree on policy but we do not get into those personal terms to my knowledge. 

I understand you like to defend him a lot, but just imagine if the roles were reversed. I think you'd have a different opinion.

appreciate the bolded sentence still. 

8 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

be honest vcczar 

if I wrote a post to you ending it w, "speaks volumes for your character and values." I think you'd take offense and consider it a personal attack.

we disagree on policy but we do not get into those personal terms to my knowledge. 

I understand you like to defend him a lot, but just imagine if the roles were reversed. I think you'd have a different opinion.

appreciate the bolded sentence still. 

If you had said what he said to you, I probably would have ignored it or not have registered it as a direct attack. 

I'd say it's a 2 out of 5 on offensiveness, in which I'd say a 3 would be needed for a ban. 

Also, know that I've probably defended people against Patine more than anyone on her. @Actinguy can vouch for that. 

I get nothing out of defending Patine. It's just that you seem a little too eager at times to play the victim, in my opinion.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

Yeah...I could see people making the same "attack" because of people's opinions on abortion.

The fact that Patine got an 8 day suspension for this, but this kind of stuff wasnt even used when other members were being rude earlier in the year, even when brought up. I was just brushed off. 

Its reaching just a tad bit. While I wouldnt like some thing like that being said to me, 8 days seems like a lot. 

I agree. @admin_270

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

If you had said what he said to you, I probably would have ignored it or not have registered it as a direct attack. 

I'd say it's a 2 out of 5 on offensiveness, in which I'd say a 3 would be needed for a ban. 

Also, know that I've probably defended people against Patine more than anyone on her. @Actinguy can vouch for that. 

I get nothing out of defending Patine. It's just that you seem a little too eager at times to play the victim, in my opinion.

That's a personal attack dude (regarding what Patine said) and you're extraordinary biased. Bottom line. Having Patine send emails to you to tell Admin270? Come on. 

Do you not realize what harassment is? It's been constant with him. 

And that's not a justification (bolded part). 

We're moving on but it's bias man. I don't know how you can't see it. 

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

That's a personal attack dude (regarding what Patine said) and you're extraordinary biased. Bottom line. Having Patine send emails to you to tell Admin270? Come on. 

Do you not realize what harassment is? It's been constant with him. 

And that's not a justification (bolded part). 

We're moving on but it's bias man. I don't know how you can't see it. 

Yep, we're moving on.

• Like 2

Just now, admin_270 said:

If it came out of the blue, I would agree. Given he just got banned twice, I think it's fair. For people who are repeatedly getting banned, it will probably be increasing periods of time for each ban.

Harassment @admin_270 that's the best word for it.

Apparently me calling out the truth is, "playing the victim". Patine doesn't get a free pass when no one else here has made personal attacks to me. If you consider that "playing the victim" @vcczar that's your opinion. But you have a long history w Patine supposedly that makes your judgement on this issue pretty difficult to listen to objectively. 

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yep, I certainly agree that Vcczar tends to defend me against Patine, even though his politics are more aligned with Patine’s than with mine at times.  I appreciate that.  

I also agree that PoliticalPundit is correct that Patine’s statement was a personal attack.  We’re just so used to it that we barely notice anymore.

That said, I’ll also add that I do feel Patine has been making more of an effort to improve this since his return.

This is the only slip-up I’ve noticed so far.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1