270soft Forum

State of the Race: 17 Days Left

vcczar

17 Day Poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. Which "organization" is worse?

3. 3. Which of the following incumbents Senators is most likely to be defeated in an upset if any upset occurs?

• Sen. Lindsay Graham (SC) will be defeated by Jaime Harrison
    • Sen. John Cornyn (TX) will be defeated by MJ Hegar
    • Sen. Steve Daines (MT) will be defeated by Steve Bullock
    • Sen. Dan Sullivan (AK) will be defeated by Al Gross
    • Sen. David Perdue (GA) will be defeated by Jon Ossoff
    • Sen. Kelly Loeffler (GA) will be defeated by Rev. Raphael Warnock
    • Sen. Mitch McConnell (KY) will be defeated by Amy McGrath
  4. 4. Which of the following is helping Biden earn votes the most?

• Refusal to commit on whether or not he'd pack the court until after confirmation, even though he's clear that he doesn't agree with doing it.
    • Refusal to commit to the Green New Deal and other initiative and stances advocated by Sanders, AOC, and Warren.
    • Advocacy of a return of bipartisanship and an open channel of communication between the opposing major parties.
    • Being cautious and "safe" with the pandemic by regularly wearing a mask and infrequently campaigning.
    • Trump's controversial rhetoric
  5. 5. Which of the following is helping Trump earn votes the most?

• Doubling down on making his base happy, mostly through rhetoric.
    • Playing down the pandemic, for whatever reason, including campaigning as if the pandemic isn't a barrier to campaigning.
    • Reluctance to disavow controversial supporters, such as Proud Boys or QAnon.
    • Sympathy from having had Covid + how quickly he recovered.
    • Biden's rambling rhetoric

8 hours ago, Entrecampos said:

I dont understand why they are a C- pollster (except the hate Nate and Trafalgar owner have between themselves), in 2016 they predicted Red Michigan and were right (the nearest of all pollsters), Red Ohio and were right (the nearest of all pollsters), Pennsylvania Red (the nearest of all pollsters), Red Florida and were right, Georgia red and were right, North Carolina Red and were right (the nearest of all pollsters again), Colorado Blue and were right, (didnt failled any state of all they sent polls). In 2018 they predicted Missouri Red and were right (the nearest of all pollsters), Georgia red and were right, Florida red and were right (the nearest of all pollsters), Montana Blue and were right(the nearest of all pollsters), North Dakota red and were right (they were very near) they were wrong in Nevada (the only state in their history where they did wrong, from all I seen) they can be Red Bias (+1/2%), and like to poll only where they see GOp has chances, but deserved an A- at least. If they are C- nobody can be above B-

I doubt Google Consumer Surveys that were rated B in 2016, and predicted +10% Clinton in Kansas are better than Trafalgar.

I think they are rated based off all their election polling. They were probably way off elsewhere 

18 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Obama is going to PA.

Best place for him. PA is the key to this election, if any state is the key. In 2016, a lot of Detroit didn't turn out. If Obama can excite Detroit, that could help a lot. Obama to WI should have also been a stop. 

Trump is right to try MI and WI, the latter since Obama is skipping it. AZ is still in the realm of possibility, so that good for him. NV really doesn't make any sense. It reminds of Clinton wasting time in IA. 

Have you seen if Biden has anything scheduled soon?

If I were both candidates, I'd be focusing exclusively on FL, PA, MI, and WI. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Is Biden benefitting from more high profile Dems than there are GOP? Both Obama's, Biden and his wife on the trail, Harris, etc. Trump has some of his family and Pence but beyond that relatively few on the stump for him

Possibly. Also, practically every celebrity in Hollywood are hosting nationwide events on zoom and such for Biden and Democrats. No complacency this year.

10 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Twitter has locked Scott Atlas' account. Big Brother Tech.

9 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

But its a private company... :P

Yes, @admin_270, get it right. Big Brother and the IngSoc Party nationalized and rigidly controlled all media in Oceania. There was no private media or communications groups. Entirely different situation and very bad analog.

5 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Facebook and Twitter are monopolies.

Yes, but they're not nationalized and rigorously government controlled. Thus, they're not the same thing as Big Brother and the IngSoc Party's media in Oceania in, "1984." My point still stands completely and solidly. TASS, Xinhua, and Korean Central Broadcasting Committee are (or were, in the case of TASS) far more in line with "Big Brother media."

6 hours ago, Patine said:

Yes, but they're not nationalized and rigorously government controlled. Thus, they're not the same thing as Big Brother and the IngSoc Party's media in Oceania in, "1984." My point still stands completely and solidly. TASS, Xinhua, and Korean Central Broadcasting Committee are (or were, in the case of TASS) far more in line with "Big Brother media."

No, not the same thing - but for intents and purposes similar.

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

No, not the same thing - but for intents and purposes similar.

Not even that. Your conflation is pure hyperbole, as bad as any @Wiw uses, just not so melodramatically worded. As I often like to say (and it's a BIG problem with a LOT of people today) perspective and proportion are VERY important to remember. There are people who have literally called Trump a Nazi and Obama a Communist on this very forum.

Just now, Patine said:

Not even that. Your conflation is pure hyperbole, as bad as any @Wiw uses, just not so melodramatically worded. As I often like to say (and it's a BIG problem with a LOT of people today) perspective and proportion are VERY important to remember. There are people who have literally called Trump a Nazi and Obama a Communist on this very forum.

If Dems win, and you have Twitter acting the way it is, would you then say it is working as an appendage of state control?

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

If Dems win, and you have Twitter acting the way it is, would you then say it is working as an appendage of state control?

Not at all. Corporate interests willingly supporting partisan interests and even ARGUABLY (such cases are hard to as absolutes, given all the factors in elections) influencing results is an age-old thing, going back to the Nabobs of the British <Blank> Companies pouring in resources to sway House of Commons elections. And, to be fair, Republicans have historically benefitted far more from corporate influence than Democrats have. If this were a Dystopia, it's more like Blade Runner, the Robocop Trilogy, the Running Man, and Cyberpunk 2020 than 1984 or Brave New World - that the big corporate entities are the ones wearing the pants, basically.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Not at all. Corporate interests willingly supporting partisan interests and even ARGUABLY (such cases are hard to as absolutes, given all the factors in elections) influencing results is an age-old thing, going back to the Nabobs of the British <Blank> Companies pouring in resources to sway House of Commons elections. And, to be fair, Republicans have historically benefitted far more from corporate influence than Democrats have. If this were a Dystopia, it's more like Blade Runner, the Robocop Trilogy, the Running Man, and Cyberpunk 2020 than 1984 or Brave New World - that the big corporate entities are the ones wearing the pants, basically.

Ya, I'm not saying we're in 1984. I'm saying Twitter and Facebook are acting like Big Brother. Of course there are differences between the novel and the contemporary American political scene.

11 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Ya, I'm not saying we're in 1984. I'm saying Twitter and Facebook are acting like Big Brother. Of course there are differences between the novel and the contemporary American political scene.

Yes, definitely differences. As in, not at all the same or reasonably related. A clumsy and inappropriate analog. But you seem to be insisting on defending the issue, with very tissue-paper thin arguments. Corporate electoral and media interference is NOT the same as a government-controlled propaganda engine, and regardless of leaning to support of Biden and the Democratic Party of the United States (at this time and for this election) does not make them "appendage of state," if Biden wins in any remote sense of the word. Big Brother was a head-of-state, not a corporate head, and the two roles are immensely different. Also, Twitter and Facebook ending up with monopolies in the first place is due to exceptions made in anti-trust legislation concerning big tech and telecommunications companies, based by REPUBLICAN lawmakers back during the period when they held solid majorities in both chambers from 1995-2007.

• Thanks 1