270soft Forum

Trump Town Hall w Savannah Guthrie discussion

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I'll answer once you answer.  Obviously both should dis-avow and it appears neither did. 

Pre-emptive: "I asked first" incoming @vcczar

Biden wasn't asked about antifa in this Town Hall; Trump was asked about QAnon in his Town Hall. 

Considering antifa isn't an organization, I'm not sure how one disavows it. Its a loose theory on anti-fascism. I'm not sure how one disavows being anti-fascist. I assume you are antifascist. If such, you are also antifa. If I were running, I'd say, I disavow anyone that uses violence or encouraged property damage in protests, whether they associate with the theory of anti-fascism or not. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the big story is that Biden stayed an hour after Trumps event ended to discuss with voters. Biden’s strength is empathy, he wants to hear from voters and real people.

Didn't watch either town hall, although if I had, I'd probably have wanted to simulate the second debate by repeatedly switching channels back and forth between Trump and Biden whenever Biden was talk

He misspoke. CDC reported 85% of people who got covid 19 reported wearing masks "all or most of the time". Granted correlation isn't causation but I think its explained by people who wear masks are mo

Posted Images

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Okay I'm done. If you can't help but to answer the rest of my thread, then there's no point in discussing with you. 

Should I just be condescending and say, "What about what about what about what about" instead like you? 

You didn't do your research and therefore don't have a basis to talk about softball questions given you didn't watch the past 2 town halls clearly. This is about data and research. 

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Okay I'm done. If you can't help but to answer the rest of my thread, then there's no point in discussing with you. 

I'm about two bad comments away from blocking him. He doesn't seem to know how to engage with people properly on this Forum and, at times, he doesn't seem to comment in a way that makes it seem like he comprehended the text he's responding to. I tend to block people out when they become extraneous. It isn't ideological, considering how many conservative friends I have on this board that I've never considered blocking.

Again, I'm not seeing anything that changes the race. That fundamentally hurts Trump. This is strike two of three missed chances to change the race. He better hope a better opportunity comes for the 3rd debate.

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Biden wasn't asked about antifa in this Town Hall; Trump was asked about QAnon in his Town Hall. 

Considering antifa isn't an organization, I'm not sure how one disavows it. Its a loose theory on anti-fascism. I'm not sure how one disavows being anti-fascist. I assume you are antifascist. If such, you are also antifa. If I were running, I'd say, I disavow anyone that uses violence or encouraged property damage in protests, whether they associate with the theory of anti-fascism or not. 

You should read this article to gain a better understanding. 

"ANTIFA isn't an organization" is not enough. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-and-trump-are-both-right-on-antifa-11601570464

personally all this "disavow" talk on both sides is dumb. lets just talk about the issues, of course eventually both candidates will "disavow" everything w enough pressure. 

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm about two bad comments away from blocking him. He doesn't seem to know how to engage with people properly on this Forum and, at times, he doesn't seem to comment in a way that makes it seem like he comprehended the text he's responding to. I tend to block people out when they become extraneous. It isn't ideological, considering how many conservative friends I have on this board that I've never considered blocking.

Buddy 🥺

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Coming from the guy defending ANTIFA this is rich 

And you've already threatened to block me 6-7 times. Go ahead whenever you please if you don't enjoy debate/are bothered that I can go tit for tat with you :)

I was wrong that Savannah would be a good moderator. 

George at least does interesting segments that appear to be without partisan agenda. Tough but easier on some, but at least is professional. Savannah was not.

This is a good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGWRfuLZkuQ&list=LLFDKMS7D2e2xSYC5_iadjjA&index=1066

I think the big story is that Biden stayed an hour after Trumps event ended to discuss with voters. Biden’s strength is empathy, he wants to hear from voters and real people.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I think his other good moment was saying that if he doesn’t win that or probably means he wasn’t a good candidate. I can’t picture Trump ever admitting that if he fails at something that it was his own fault. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

@PoliticalPundit Did Trump really claim 85% of people that wear masks get coronavirus???????

He misspoke. CDC reported 85% of people who got covid 19 reported wearing masks "all or most of the time". Granted correlation isn't causation but I think its explained by people who wear masks are more likely to go outside or work etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I watched both debates.

The Biden one was normal, but he did ramble/meander on a couple of the questions before arriving at the answer - he should have given a clear and concise answer  - but overall, he was fine and did a good job of trying to connect with those asking questions. (It's clear Biden likes retail politics)

Trump was Trump.  He may have been somewhat off his normal performance as a result of a somewhat hostile moderator that didn't just let his answers lay there but fact checked him and put follow up question, and I think it'll be easy (at least for Trump supporters) to excuse his performance because of that.  Except for  the whole Qanon part - That was very embarrassing even for Trump.

Overall, I think Biden probably came away solidifying more of the lean-Biden supporters than Trump did with the lean-Trump supporters.  And I don't think this helped Trump gain much new supporters.

• Upvote 2