270soft Forum

Trump Town Hall w Savannah Guthrie discussion

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the big story is that Biden stayed an hour after Trumps event ended to discuss with voters. Biden’s strength is empathy, he wants to hear from voters and real people.

Didn't watch either town hall, although if I had, I'd probably have wanted to simulate the second debate by repeatedly switching channels back and forth between Trump and Biden whenever Biden was talk

He misspoke. CDC reported 85% of people who got covid 19 reported wearing masks "all or most of the time". Granted correlation isn't causation but I think its explained by people who wear masks are mo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

only took him...... till 2.5 weeks till the election?!?!?! and people gonna be mad when his support w African Americans is not what it will be 

If.

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

must be the meds 

And you wonder why some on this forum don't debate seriously with you when you say things such as that. It's not a true response to what vcczar was saying.

• Like 1

Just a minor thing, but Trump and Guthrie's chairs are angled towards each other, rather than towards the audience. Could be a part of it seeming like a "debate" rather than a town hall, as they're actively turned towards one another. 

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Just a minor thing, but Trump and Guthrie's chairs are angled towards each other, rather than towards the audience. Could be a part of it seeming like a "debate" rather than a town hall, as they're actively turned towards one another. 

Trump's last town hall was so bad that he may have requested that change.

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

If.

And you wonder why some on this forum don't debate seriously with you when you say things such as that. It's not a true response to what vcczar was saying.

given how much joking there is regarding trump on this board @Wiw @ThePotatoWalrus etc lighten up. Can't have it both ways.

I'm most confident in Trump over performing w POC (Hispanics first, African Americans second). The issue will be the elderly and suburban woman offsetting that. 

5 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

lmao no comment

I dont agree w most of trumps covid thoughts. he could easily lose the election based on getting covid by being dumb 

What about Trump refusing to disavow QAnon?

I also wouldn't characterize it as Biden gets all the softball questions. The lady behind Trump was nodding the whole time to what he said, plus one of the "Registered Republicans" asking a question said that she liked Trump's smile. Somehow she's...voting for Biden? 

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

I also wouldn't characterize it as Biden gets all the softball questions. The lady behind Trump was nodding the whole time to what he said, plus one of the "Registered Republicans" asking a question said that she liked Trump's smile. Somehow she's...voting for Biden? 

What about the last 2 town halls then? 

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Has Biden disavowed Antifa? 

I'm asking you what you think about him not disavoting QAnon. I'm not asking about Biden.

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

What about the last 2 town halls then? 

What about what about what about what about

Is it all what about isms? To be honest, I don't remember the last two town halls that well. I don't usually watch them. They're questions from voters, so the voters choose the questions. I don't think "softball" should be a term associated with town halls, since voters choose the questions in general. I also think that town halls should have a mix of Democrats, Republicans, and undecideds in them. That way you'll get a variety of topics of what each side thinks is important. For example, Democrats may ask more about climate change from Biden. Republicans may ask Trump about immigration. Things that may not be brought up strictly by undecideds. Obviously you'd need some way to know that they wouldn't just try to trample over the candidate. But it would give a better look at it.

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

What about what about what about what about

Is it all what about isms? To be honest, I don't remember the last two town halls that well. I don't usually watch them. They're questions from voters, so the voters choose the questions. I don't think "softball" should be a term associated with town halls, since voters choose the questions in general. I also think that town halls should have a mix of Democrats, Republicans, and undecideds in them. That way you'll get a variety of topics of what each side thinks is important. For example, Democrats may ask more about climate change from Biden. Republicans may ask Trump about immigration. Things that may not be brought up strictly by undecideds. Obviously you'd need some way to know that they wouldn't just try to trample over the candidate. But it would give a better look at it.

"I don't remember the last two town halls that well." 

so there's your answer. "I don't remember so therefore it's irrelevant" 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

"I don't remember the last two town halls that well." 

so there's your answer. "I don't remember so therefore it's irrelevant" 

Okay I'm done. If you can't help but to answer the rest of my thread, then there's no point in discussing with you.