270soft Forum

Trump Town Hall w Savannah Guthrie discussion

probably too chaotic having one thread for both discussions

Very happy w the choice of moderator - if things go well this should theoretically help trump w the suburban women voter. I like Savannah. Tough, but warm and empathetic.  

If Biden had gotten her as moderator and Trump had George I'd give Biden the advantage.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the big story is that Biden stayed an hour after Trumps event ended to discuss with voters. Biden’s strength is empathy, he wants to hear from voters and real people.

Didn't watch either town hall, although if I had, I'd probably have wanted to simulate the second debate by repeatedly switching channels back and forth between Trump and Biden whenever Biden was talk

He misspoke. CDC reported 85% of people who got covid 19 reported wearing masks "all or most of the time". Granted correlation isn't causation but I think its explained by people who wear masks are mo

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/us-election-town-halls-10-15-20/index.html

This is probably what I'll be watching - coverage of both so I don't have to commit to either one.

honestly if you don't like trump the townhall can easily become a shit show to watch.

bidens will be bland as always 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

On the other hand, Biden's town hall is going pretty good so far 😂. Answering questions well, looks very presidential.

Agreed.

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

Savannah is really trying to become Megyn Kelly, huh?

20 minutes in... ZERO townhall questions 

I still don't get why people were so mad at Megyn Kelly. She asked a fair question that was obviously on voters' minds. 

I agree though, it needs to be more town hall style since it was billed as one. 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

I still don't get why people were so mad at Megyn Kelly. She asked a fair question that was obviously on voters' minds. 

I agree though, it needs to be more town hall style since it was billed as one. 

It ended up working out for both of them. 

And Savannah really did a disservice putting herself over potential swing voters w her attempts to "gotcha" Trump. 

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

"NBC host

is interrupting Donald Trump on average every 12 seconds. ABC host

is interrupting Joe Biden [𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠𝙨] not at all." 

Frank Luntz.

I'm shocked! 

As a Trump supporter, you should be glad they aren't interrupted Biden. He is rambling a lot. 

• Haha 1

Is it really 2 hours? Good luck lmaoo

A reason Trump lost the first debate (sorta) was that he kept interrupting Biden and didn't let biden sink himself. 

Biden was being smart and letting Trump sink himself. In a Town Hall Biden can't do that. Biden is usually good at Town Halls. In his defense, he's doing well when he's not rambling. 

Just now, vcczar said:

Biden was being smart and letting Trump sink himself. In a Town Hall Biden can't do that. Biden is usually good at Town Halls. In his defense, he's doing well when he's not rambling. 

Trump was just a maniac and needed to just reign it in. 

And Biden is usually good at televised town halls bc of the softball questions he gets. Remember the last townhall where "undecideds" had told MSNBC a month before they were Biden supporters?

Maybe George is actually giving tough questions? Haven't seen it at all so just guessing. 

Maybe George is actually giving tough questions? Haven't seen it at all so just guessing. 

It's a town hall. The questions are by the voters. I keep seeing it being a recurring theme "why ABC isn't asking about Hunter", when it's the voters that ask the questions. If they aren't asking questions about it, then they don't care. It's as simple as that. Or it came up too late in the media cycle, one or the other. He did get a question about the vaccine that I talked about, a woman from PA expressed concern about Harris' words on it, so I don't think they're total softballs, but true questions from voters. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Hestia11 said:

It's a town hall. The questions are by the voters. I keep seeing it being a recurring theme "why ABC isn't asking about Hunter", when it's the voters that ask the questions. If they aren't asking questions about it, then they don't care. It's as simple as that. Or it came up too late in the media cycle, one or the other. He did get a question about the vaccine that I talked about, a woman from PA expressed concern about Harris' words on it, so I don't think they're total softballs, but true questions from voters. 

ah I must be confused since Savannah is not allowing any questions at a "town hall" 

3 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Trump was just a maniac and needed to just reign it in. 

And Biden is usually good at televised town halls bc of the softball questions he gets. Remember the last townhall where "undecideds" had told MSNBC a month before they were Biden supporters?

Biden is getting questions from voters, including Republicans and former Trump supporters. The questions aren't difficult. He's just talking so fast that he can't organize his thoughts.