270soft Forum

Biden's latest dumb gaffe

18 minutes ago, anti-trump said:

Yeah, he's incoherent. But I'd vote for a shoe over Trump. 

Incidentally, you've made only 13 total posts, but I haven't seen you post anything that seems anti-Trump. It seems almost as if your name is ironic.

• Like 2

He misspoke and said he was running for the Senate before. This time, it seems he just slipped up on his tense. The full quote for that is

"I'm running as a proud Democrat for the Senate, when I ran as a proud Democrat for vice president, and I'm running as a proud Democrat for president."

It looks like Romney's name probably did slip his mind, though, so he described him as the Mormon Senator who was a Governor. It's possible he just didn't want to say his name for effect ("You know, that time when I attacked that Governor ...").

9 hours ago, admin_270 said:

the Mormon Senator who was a Governor

I think that's somewhat disrespectful to be honest. One shouldn't be reduced on his religion, especially with an undertone signaling some reservations about that person's faith.

To illustrate that: it would also not sound very nicely when referring to 'the black Senator from SC', when talking about Tim Scott or mentioning Chuck Schumer as the 'Jewish Senator from New York'. Sadly such things are not meant in a positive way most of time...

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I think that's somewhat disrespectful to be honest. One shouldn't be reduced on his religion, especially with an undertone signaling some reservations about that person's faith.

To illustrate that: it would also not sound very nicely when referring to 'the black Senator from SC', when talking about Tim Scott or mentioning Chuck Schumer as the 'Jewish Senator from New York'. Sadly such things are not meant in a positive way most of time...

2007:

An0maly on Twitter: "Republicans were voting in black Americans in 1870.  Biden thinks Obama was the first mainstream articulate African American.  He's legit everything you think Trump is but twenty times worse.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Would it surprise you to learn there was actually context both before and after that one sentence?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-pandemic-black-women-grocery/

Adding that "Context" changes nothing that Biden was being stereotypical and ignorant just like his comment on Indian Americans in a 7-11 in 2008. 

Biden's not going to do as well w African Americans as people think and its bc of comments like ^ and "If you don't vote for me you're not black" 

13 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I guess only black women stack grocery shelves according to Biden!

I’m really trying with you buddy, but cmon.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

You realize what the reaction would be if Trump said this right? 

Probably genuine shock and awe that he praised people of color or said something nice about someone that makes less than 500,000 dollars a year.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

Probably genuine shock and awe that he praised people of color or said something nice about someone that makes less than 500,000 dollars a year.

You must have missed 40% of the RNC then. 

The thing about "under 500k" I can't comment on however 😂