270soft Forum

State of the Race: 21 Days Left

21 Day Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. Is there anything about Justice Barrett personally that you think should disqualify her from being on the Supreme Court?

3. 3. Do you agree with Democratic efforts to stop Justice Barrett's nomination because of the Merrick Garland situation?

4. 4. Should US Senators have regular Covid tests and the results released?

5. 5. Should the SC Confirmation Hearings and Vote be delayed if members of the Senate have Covid, especially judiciary members?

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Valid point.

The fact that after yesterday Patine proceeded to double down on it's behavior today says everything. 4 days is imo an extraordinarily fair penalty for a long history of verbal abuse and past personal attacks, plus it literally happening...  12 hours ago prior. Glad to see my point is being considered for any future actions regarding the poster :)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we just chill? Like I just want to do RP, see funny memes, and talk about how to make PI better.

My gosh, I'm in class and I'm missing a lot. Anywho, sending everyone good vibes!

You have 4 days to cool off. Peace, bro.

Posted Images

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

I'm not  pretending to know the events. I've been told by multiple posters in message that Patine has been banned numerous times for "personal attacks'". This is a pattern of behavior that is unacceptable and clearly no lessons have been learned from them.

No other poster I've been w in my time here has engaged in such despicable behavior. It says a lot aobuu the poster. If I see other instances of personal attacks I'll call it out but to me it's a massive stain on this board's ethical conduct from literally 1 poster. Glad to see enforcement was used properly today and moving forward. 

Yes, but it seems you're either misunderstanding my point or disregarding it altogether. I'm not saying that those instances shouldn't be punished, because any personal attack is bad. I'm saying any personal attack should be dealt with when it occurs, and fairly. I'm not going to name names, but prior to your arrival, there were others that launched personal attacks on myself, vcczar and others. It would seem better if others were punished as well that members weren't being singled out and members of like-ideology protected from mutes. Yes, Patine deserved a mute. Calling people vile is a bad thing (particularly on something as minor as wording - I obviously don't agree, but it was about positions of sides, and I think it's realistic that the far-right or right wing would call it the China Virus) regardless of who is saying it. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Hestia11 said:

Yes, but it seems you're either misunderstanding my point or disregarding it altogether. I'm not saying that those instances shouldn't be punished, because any personal attack is bad. I'm saying any personal attack should be dealt with when it occurs, and fairly. I'm not going to name names, but prior to your arrival, there were others that launched personal attacks on myself, vcczar and others. It would seem better if others were punished as well that members weren't being singled out and members of like-ideology protected from mutes. Yes, Patine deserved a mute. Calling people vile is a bad thing (particularly on something as minor as wording - I obviously don't agree, but it was about positions of sides, and I think it's realistic that the far-right or right wing would call it the China Virus) regardless of who is saying it. 

Fair. I can't comment on that since I don't see it but merely my experience w posters on this board up till now. It seems like moving forward personal attacks will not be tolerated. 

Also as mentioned this same poster made personal attacks.. a day ago regarding a different topic. Patine should have some sense to not explode at a common phrase used in mainstream politics by the Republican candidate (however disrespectful it is word choice wise). 

If they are that sensitive, perhaps it is better they just view the forum without commenting on it or go to a more biased/sheltered message board. 

I personally disagree w the wording immensely as well, but it was not worth that level of vitriol Patine threw back.  

I don't see why not. It did originate there from my understanding. 

Perhaps a bat instead if too controversial? 

@admin_270I'd just use the COVID cell thingy that's pretty popular.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

He was just banned for a day literally 12 HOURS AGO for harassing me for 6 consecutive posts calling me "mentally challenged, whack job, etc" until I had enough of it. Had I not spoken up nothing would have been done. @admin_270 finally set some boundaries. A 4 day ban is not enough, I'd go for a week since clearly the punishment last night did nothing to change it's behavior, in fact only making it worse.

I'll add by continually allowing Patine to make personal attacks over and over again throughout however long it's been here, you're just encouraging the behavior. How many times has this posted been banned before? At some point a legitimate ban should be considered for bad behavior. 

Oh yeah, that reminds me - TAKE THAT AUTISM COMMENT BACK, YOU ABLEIST DICK!

1 minute ago, Wiw said:

Do you not realize that this is a personal attack as well?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

Here are the issue positions as it currently stands (don't worry Patine, the icon won't be a China flag 😉 ). Major credit to the author of Senate - 2020 for the framework.

• Far-Left: We must stay locked down until there is a vaccine for the Trump virus! Cede all decisions to health care experts. The lock-downs have exposed the Achille's Heel in capitalism! This is our opportunity to launch a glorious Communist revolution!
  • Left: Lock-downs in hot spots are warranted to stop COVID-19. Limited opening as conditions improve. Federal mask mandate. Use opportunity to increase social spending.
  • Center-Left: Slowly open back up as conditions improve but listen to the science on the coronavirus. Coordinate with governors to achieve what is practically a national mask mandate.
  • Center: Let the states lead, but encourage distancing and continued lock-down measures as needed to defeat the coronavirus. Continue opening schools carefully.
  • Center-Right: Have to look at societal health, not just the coronavirus. Lock-downs hurt more than they help. Masks in certain situations. Open schools except in hot spots. Focus going forward on free market innovation for therapeutics and vaccines.
  • Right: End all lock-down measures now and focus on health care innovation to treat the China virus. Masks don't do much and might make things worse. Economic health = health. Open all schools now. Sweden approached it the right way.
  • Far-Right: This is a bio-weapon by China, and we were tricked into lock-downs to destroy our economy! Masks are just a way to control us. Open everything up now!

Feedback welcome!

Probably too complicated at this point, but it would be interesting if you could incorporate down the line a way to appeal to different demographics (suburban women, African American voters, asian America voters, LGBT etc..) an issue like COVID could possibly (or not) affect Asian American voters by calling it the China virus as a candidate etc.. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Wiw said:

You should reread the thread then which was already mentioned in my convo w vcczar. 

This a personal attack or what @admin_270? Totally unprovoked. Seems extraordinarily blatant from all sides of the aisle here. 

31 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I've heard this poster Patine has gotten banned multiple times before as well? At some point maybe a legitimate ban is in order. Good riddance for now lmaoo!!!! Has absolutely 0 class. 

I didn't believe all the "crowd talk" in 2016, but now I do. The enthusiasms for Trump is out of this world. 0 chance he loses Florida. 

I think @Patine does deserve a ban (this one and the one from the other day), but I hope @admin_270 notices that this comment is also a personal attack, even if one believes it to be true (regarding "Has absolutely 0 class")

We've already had this discussion @vcczar and it's clear you're letting your personal bias get in the way.

Apparently bad behavior has been tolerated on this board and now people are upset they are getting penalized for breaking the rules. 

Are you sure he's not bringing it to the admin's attention for another reason...like calling someone a dick? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I think @Patine does deserve a ban (this one and the one from the other day), but I hope @admin_270 notices that this comment is also a personal attack, even if one believes it to be true (regarding "Has absolutely 0 class")

and "ABLEIST DICK!" is not worthy of your attention only comments that go against your beliefs @vcczar? You're better than that (do you consider that a personal attack?).