Jump to content
270soft Forum

State of the Race: 21 Days Left


21 Day Poll  

26 members have voted

  1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

  2. 2. Is there anything about Justice Barrett personally that you think should disqualify her from being on the Supreme Court?

  3. 3. Do you agree with Democratic efforts to stop Justice Barrett's nomination because of the Merrick Garland situation?

  4. 4. Should US Senators have regular Covid tests and the results released?

  5. 5. Should the SC Confirmation Hearings and Vote be delayed if members of the Senate have Covid, especially judiciary members?



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we just chill? Like I just want to do RP, see funny memes, and talk about how to make PI better.

My gosh, I'm in class and I'm missing a lot. Anywho, sending everyone good vibes!

You have 4 days to cool off. Peace, bro.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

It's Thanksgiving Day up here. What a beautiful time of year!

Happy Thanksgiving

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Flash poll: should I use the China flag icon for the COVID-19 issue in the updated 2020?

If the game is from a Trump supporting perspective, then it would make sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Flash poll: should I use the China flag icon for the COVID-19 issue in the updated 2020?

A photo of the actual virus under a microscope would be the most helpful image. Wouldn’t people be confused if two issues both had a Chinese flag?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vcczar said:

If the game is from a Trump supporting perspective, then it would make sense. 

It would be neat to modify the icon based on issue position. 😉

Right position in the game it's called 'China Virus', Far-right 'Bio-weapon from China'. Any other lexical differences anyone aware of?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

It would be neat to modify the icon based on issue position. 😉

Right position in the game it's called 'China Virus', Far-right 'Bio-weapon from China'. Any other lexical differences anyone aware of?

Corona Virus could be center, COVID 19 left, Trump Virus far left

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentLiberty said:

Learn to laugh. Maybe then you won't be so argumentative all the time

I can laugh, believe it or not. But some attempts at "jokes," are just too disgusting and tasteless to laugh at. That's something you, and a few other posters here, should, learn. Like @servo75's bad habit of saying an offensive, off-colour, and even repugnant statement, and when called on it, saying, "it was a joke," and expecting that to magically make it fine. Not all jokes are funny, and some are just repugnant. A difference worth learning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Corona Virus could be center, COVID 19 left, Trump Virus far left

 

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Good points - thanks for this.

Why? Why do you find this funny? It's disgusting and reprehensible, and speaks VERY poorly of both of you. Read my post above, please.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Do you know where the virus comes from?

Apparently bats. The "joke" (quotation marks used advisedly) is much more than geography though. It's disgusting. And it's NOT funny! It's repulsive!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

 

Why? Why do you find this funny? It's disgusting and reprehensible, and speaks VERY poorly of both of you. Read my post above, please.

I'm not gonna be your sparring buddy of the day. Find someone else.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the issue positions as it currently stands (don't worry Patine, the icon won't be a China flag 😉 ). Major credit to the author of Senate - 2020 for the framework.

  • Far-Left: We must stay locked down until there is a vaccine for the Trump virus! Cede all decisions to health care experts. The lock-downs have exposed the Achille's Heel in capitalism! This is our opportunity to launch a glorious Communist revolution!
  • Left: Lock-downs in hot spots are warranted to stop COVID-19. Limited opening as conditions improve. Federal mask mandate. Use opportunity to increase social spending.
  • Center-Left: Slowly open back up as conditions improve but listen to the science on the coronavirus. Coordinate with governors to achieve what is practically a national mask mandate.
  • Center: Let the states lead, but encourage distancing and continued lock-down measures as needed to defeat the coronavirus. Continue opening schools carefully.
  • Center-Right: Have to look at societal health, not just the coronavirus. Lock-downs hurt more than they help. Masks in certain situations. Open schools except in hot spots. Focus going forward on free market innovation for therapeutics and vaccines.
  • Right: End all lock-down measures now and focus on health care innovation to treat the China virus. Masks don't do much and might make things worse. Economic health = health. Open all schools now. Sweden approached it the right way.
  • Far-Right: This is a bio-weapon by China, and we were tricked into lock-downs to destroy our economy! Masks are just a way to control us. Open everything up now!

Feedback welcome!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilentLiberty said:

I'm not gonna be your sparring buddy of the day. Find someone else.

And that response is equally disgusting. Make a vile, loathsome attempt at a "joke," get called out, and rather than take any responsibility or acknowledgement it might have just been inappropriate, you call it "sparring," and say you won't "engage." I really wasn't aware you had such a disgusting element under your usually reasonable, placid demeanor. But now you've played your hand and shown your true colours. I wasn't asking for "sparring," just that maybe you'd see a "joke," went to far and was not at all appropriate. That even that was too much for your inflated ego - which you denied existing with stupid gif file when you called me out on mine a while back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

And that response is equally disgusting. Make a vile, loathsome attempt at a "joke," get called out, and rather than take any responsibility or acknowledgement it might have just been inappropriate, you call it "sparring," and say you won't "engage." I really wasn't aware you had such a disgusting element under your usually reasonable, placid demeanor. But now you've played your hand and shown your true colours. I wasn't asking for "sparring," just that maybe you'd see a "joke," went to far and was not at all appropriate. That even that was too much for your inflated ego - which you denied existing with stupid gif file when you called me out on mine a while back.

Enough - engaging in personal attacks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Here are the issue positions as it currently stands (don't worry Patine, the icon won't be a China flag 😉 ). Major credit to the author of Senate - 2020 for the framework.

  • Far-Left: We must stay locked down until there is a vaccine for the Trump virus! Cede all decisions to health care experts. The lock-downs have exposed the Achille's Heel in capitalism! This is our opportunity to launch a glorious Communist revolution!
  • Left: Lock-downs in hot spots are warranted to stop COVID-19. Limited opening as conditions improve. Federal mask mandate. Use opportunity to increase social spending.
  • Center-Left: Slowly open back up as conditions improve but listen to the science on the coronavirus. Coordinate with governors to achieve what is practically a national mask mandate.
  • Center: Let the states lead, but encourage distancing and continued lock-down measures as needed to defeat the coronavirus. Continue opening schools carefully.
  • Center-Right: Have to look at societal health, not just COVID-19. Lock-downs hurt more than they help. Masks in certain situations. Open schools except in hot spots. Focus going forward on free market innovation for therapeutics and vaccines.
  • Right: End all lock-down measures now and focus on health care innovation to treat the China virus. Masks don't do much and might make things worse. Economic health = health. Open all schools now. Sweden approached it the right way.
  • Far-Right: This is a bio-weapon by China, and we were tricked into lock-downs to destroy our economy! Masks are just a way to control us. Open everything up now!

Feedback welcome!

Utterly disgusting, and irrepentantly so. You both are more shamelessly vile than I thought, and I'm calling you out to the whole forum, for your sick, and intractable, "sense of humour."

cczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75 @Mark_W

 

Here they are, everyone in the forum, @admin_270 and @SilentLiberty firmly believe sick and twisted things like this, and no doubt others, are "funny," refuse to admit any possible inappropriateness of such "humour," at all when it's called it, and defend it tooth and nail, and just carry right on with it. I thought everyone deserves to know some skeletons in some other poster's closets that are like this one.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Enough - engaging in personal attacks.

Your moderation is obviously biased here.

 

Just now, Patine said:

Enough vile and disgusting," jokes."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Utterly disgusting, and irrepentantly so. You both are more shamelessly vile than I thought, and I'm calling you out to the whole forum, for your sick, and intractable, "sense of humour."

cczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75 @Mark_W

 

Here they are, everyone in the forum, @admin_270 and @SilentLiberty firmly believe sick and twisted things like this, and no doubt others, are "funny," refuse to admit any possible inappropriateness of such "humour," at all when it's called it, and defend it tooth and nail, and just carry right on with it. I thought everyone deserves to know some skeletons in some other poster's closets that are like this one.

You have 4 days to cool off. Peace, bro.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...