270soft Forum

State of the Race: 21 Days Left

21 Day Poll  

26 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. Is there anything about Justice Barrett personally that you think should disqualify her from being on the Supreme Court?

3. 3. Do you agree with Democratic efforts to stop Justice Barrett's nomination because of the Merrick Garland situation?

4. 4. Should US Senators have regular Covid tests and the results released?

5. 5. Should the SC Confirmation Hearings and Vote be delayed if members of the Senate have Covid, especially judiciary members?

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

There's no such thing as a good politician.

Also I love how my computer is so American it says words like "colour", "armour", and "favourite" are misspelled. 

mispelling.png.06d94163f77784a6aeba570b41e3633d.png

And, to answer your first sentence, there are no good politicians, but politicians have differing priorities from each other.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we just chill? Like I just want to do RP, see funny memes, and talk about how to make PI better.

My gosh, I'm in class and I'm missing a lot. Anywho, sending everyone good vibes!

You have 4 days to cool off. Peace, bro.

Posted Images

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

So I'm not gonna get any Canadian articles about then Governor Pence? :(

No, because @admin_270 has trying to lead me on an unproductive segue. It's one of his many clever and manipulative tactics to turn any sort of debate into a quagmire, as I mentioned above.

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

No, because @admin_270 has trying to lead me on an unproductive segue. It's one of his many clever and manipulative tactics to turn any sort of debate into a quagmire, as I mentioned above.

Posting sources isn't unproductive. It's actually very productive and helpful and showing how you came to conclusions. Coming up with excuses to not post sources or information is unproductive but okay. I guess the news of Mike Pence's governor policies making it to Canada is underwhelming and perhaps not all you had said it was. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, SilentLiberty said:

Posting sources isn't unproductive. It's actually very productive and helpful and showing how you came to conclusions. Coming up with excuses to not post sources or information is unproductive but okay. I guess the news of Mike Pence's governor policies making it to Canada is underwhelming and perhaps not all you had said it was. 

The topic he demanded sources for was the segue, you see. It was a sidetrack from the main issue, and he wanted to get me bogged down in it.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

The topic he demanded sources for was the segue, you see. It was a sidetrack from the main issue, and he wanted to get me bogged down in it.

I'm not talking about what he wanted. I'm talking about what I had asked for that you ignored. Now are claiming it was just @admin_270 asking for sources? You had said Mike Pence and his policies had made news even in Canada. I, living only a few states away from Mike Pence had never heard of him until he was tapped to be Trump's VP. So I asked, for myself, about Canadian articles about Governor Pence. 

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

It's one of his many clever and manipulative tactics to turn any sort of debate into a quagmire

Asking for a source for a claim = manipulative tactic to turn debate into a quagmire? No, it's what I found interesting about your comment, and am looking to see if it's true.

Please note the above quote is a borderline personal attack. Please be careful to avoid personal attacks.

5 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I'm not talking about what he wanted. I'm talking about what I had asked for that you ignored. Now are claiming it was just @admin_270 asking for sources? You had said Mike Pence and his policies had made news even in Canada. I, living only a few states away from Mike Pence had never heard of him until he was tapped to be Trump's VP. So I asked, for myself, about Canadian articles about Governor Pence. 

Well, I asked you four days to quit inappropriate humour on the forums, and we all know how responsive you were.

2 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Not really sure why Patine is circling back to that, but all he's saying in this comment is he thinks it was inappropriate humour. That's fine - that's his opinion, and I don't think that crosses the line into the sort of personal attack that will get people banned.

• Thanks 1