270soft Forum

State of the Race: 24 Days Left

vcczar

24 Day Poll  

25 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. In what area has Trump been Great to Above Average as president

• Economy
    • Healthcare
    • Criminal Justice
    • Trade
    • Foreign Relations
    • Military affairs and Veterans affairs
    • Crisis Management
    • Education and Student Loans
    • Environment and Climate Change
    • Energy and National Resource
    • Business and Labor
    • Urban Affairs
    • Farming and Agriculture
    • National Security
    • Infrastructure
    • Being a global leader.
    • Being an American leader.
    • Being a party leader.
    • Judicial appointments
    • Cabinet and cabinet-level appointments
    • Rhetoric and communication
    • Civil Rights
    • Civil Liberties
    • Relations with Congress
    • Integrity and avoidance of Scandal
    • Willingness to Compromise/Deal Making
    • Avoiding Crucial Mistakes
    • Other (mention below)
  3. 3. Do you approve of Congress creating a commission to gauge Presidential capacity?

4. 4. Do you think Trump has completely recovered from Covid as he claims?

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

What @PoliticalPundit doesn't seem to understand is the definition of the term "personal attack," on the Internet. Responding to someone's specific posts in a discussion or argument that shows a degree of misinterpretation, distortion, table-turning, and even a disingenuous partial quoting or misphrasing, and talking past someone, is not actually considered personal attacks. SURPRISE! And, admittedly, both he and I were doing the above things. "Imaginary friends," was used rhetorically, especially I had asked for clarification on a sweeping and absolutist statement obviously meant to silence and belittle my position, and had twice received no released. "Whack job," is pretty generic and limp nowadays - like calling someone a "fool." A personal attack, by definition, is either conjuring through whole-cloth, malicious lies, or building upon disingenuously what little is known about the poster in real life, and spinning slanderous, malignant, bigoted, loathsome, and vicious lies about them, based on no reality, either as an attempt at character assassination, or just out of bloody-minded spite. That is not what I did, but exactly what @PoliticalPundit did in his "stick-it-to-me," post @vcczar quoted.

do people actually buy this bullshit throughout 15K posts? I can spin my posts just as easily, the difference is once it's clear the conversation is over/blocked I don't repeatedly obsess and harass them continuously throughout the next 48 hours. 

do you deny harassment? 

and everything I said still rings true based on your posts. so no according to your logic, nothing I wrote either is a "personal attack" . 

Imagine I didn't respond and just let him continually bully and harass me ongoing with no retribution.

How long? 10 more posts? 15 more posts? 2 more months? 5 more messages? 

Or bc I support an opposite viewpoint I'm just "supposed to take it" even when people don't even bother to read what happened to me before responding. funny someone would call for a ban without even reading what the other person had said then backtrack on it. 

4 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

imagine if Obama or bush tried pulling this lmaoo, the president is such a troll. im sure he'll call it fake news 

I can't stand Trump, but even the idea of this is hilarious.  Like Willy Wonka coming out with the cane and then dropping into a somersault.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Imagine I didn't respond and just let him continually bully and harass me ongoing with no retribution.

How long? 10 more posts? 15 more posts? 2 more months? 5 more messages? 

Or bc I support an opposite viewpoint I'm just "supposed to take it" even when people don't even bother to read what happened to me before responding. funny someone would call for a ban without even reading what the other person had said then backtrack on it. 

Patine does the same to me on this forum.  Honestly, the best course of action is to laugh and move on.  He is who he is, and he isn't going to change.  If it helps, he does not have a wide band of respect on this forum, for behavior exactly like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Patine does the same to me on this forum.  Honestly, the best course of action is to laugh and move on.  He is who he is, and he isn't going to change.  If it helps, he does not have a wide band of respect on this forum, for behavior exactly like this.

Nah I'll probably just keep making personal attacks until something happens or doesn't. 5x is more than enough to stay silent. 

He acts like a little spoiled baby who apparently repeatedly gets banned for making personal attacks and suffers no consequences. Go figure.