270soft Forum

State of the Race: 24 Days Left

24 Day Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. In what area has Trump been Great to Above Average as president

• Economy
    • Healthcare
    • Criminal Justice
    • Trade
    • Foreign Relations
    • Military affairs and Veterans affairs
    • Crisis Management
    • Education and Student Loans
    • Environment and Climate Change
    • Energy and National Resource
    • Business and Labor
    • Urban Affairs
    • Farming and Agriculture
    • National Security
    • Infrastructure
    • Being a global leader.
    • Being an American leader.
    • Being a party leader.
    • Judicial appointments
    • Cabinet and cabinet-level appointments
    • Rhetoric and communication
    • Civil Rights
    • Civil Liberties
    • Relations with Congress
    • Integrity and avoidance of Scandal
    • Willingness to Compromise/Deal Making
    • Avoiding Crucial Mistakes
    • Other (mention below)
  3. 3. Do you approve of Congress creating a commission to gauge Presidential capacity?

4. 4. Do you think Trump has completely recovered from Covid as he claims?

2 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

He’s not shoving anything down your throat. He’s sharing an opinion, which he is entitled to as you are entitled to yours. 

Thank you. 

The fact that Patine is going personal and attacking my character when I have done nothing of the sort shows their character. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed. I happen to disagree with @PoliticalPundit's analysis, but he's been much more civil than @Patine has been lately. You've got to calm down, man. The personal attacks left and right have got to

Wait -- did we just confirm that @SilentLiberty is dating @Hestia11's mom? ;c)

OK, letting both our interlocutors cool off for a day. Thread locked.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

I think you aren’t reading what I’m saying. I’m not talking about undecideds. I’m talking about a fragment of undecideds that proved crucial in the close states: undecideds that disliked both Trump and Clinton. That is, in the poll they marked them both unfavorable. Your response seemed to imply I was talking about all undecideds. That’s not the case. You also claim, out of nowhere, that I’m saying they all swung for Trump. I did not say that. To be clear, it was something like 60% or a little more that decided they’d vote Trump in the last 2 weeks. 

I see no reason silent Trump voters would be any more silent than in 2016 or any more than they were in 2016. Seems a lot of them might be with Biden this time. 

I'm not saying "you" said it, but the narrative was that the vast majority of undecided (for both who marked each candidate unfavorable) swung for Trump. 

And we disagree on the 2nd point. It's only become more clear in society how bad it is to publicly support Trump in certain states. My belief is that silent Trump voters have grown exponentially since 2016, you don't. We can agree to disagree without getting into personal attacks, right (based on you liking comments from someone attacking my character personally)? At least I hope so. 

11 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

It's only become more clear in society how bad it is to publicly support Trump in certain states. My belief is that silent Trump voters have grown exponentially since 2016, you don't.

In the first part, wouldn't those be states that will vote Biden anyway? The second part is a belief--it's faith based--, it hasn't any evidence to prove or disprove it. 

In regards to the personal attack, I wasn't "liking" the tone, but I was agreeing with the criticism. You're on that fine line between being unreadable/not worth reading and being worthy of debate/enjoyable to engage with. If you become more of the former than the latter, I'll probably just block you. I think the fact that you attempt to provide evidence and links is what saves me from blocking you. A lot of this is because we've had a lot of Trump supporters that don't provide evidence or get into arguments without defending their opinions in any reasonable way. I'll also block Left-wing people that do the same routinely, although so far only some have been close to being blocked. 

23 minutes ago, vcczar said:

In the first part, wouldn't those be states that will vote Biden anyway? The second part is a belief--it's faith based--, it hasn't any evidence to prove or disprove it. 

In regards to the personal attack, I wasn't "liking" the tone, but I was agreeing with the criticism. You're on that fine line between being unreadable/not worth reading and being worthy of debate/enjoyable to engage with. If you become more of the former than the latter, I'll probably just block you. I think the fact that you attempt to provide evidence and links is what saves me from blocking you. A lot of this is because we've had a lot of Trump supporters that don't provide evidence or get into arguments without defending their opinions in any reasonable way. I'll also block Left-wing people that do the same routinely, although so far only some have been close to being blocked. 

Anecdotal but no, it is also swing states. Obviously certain counties are very pro Trump/pro Biden, but in more mixed areas of swing states (Florida, Michigan) it does more harm than good from a community standpoint to proactively support Trump. Again, anecdotal.

And the 2nd part about "Shy Trump voters growing exponentially" is based on the cultural landscape we live in. The evidence is based in stories I read and comments about being afraid to actively voice support. The same argument "Trump voters aren't any more silent than 2016" could also be argued is faith based. 

And it's fine if you disagree (and I do provide tons of polls/articles etc), but when a poster is constantly harassing me, messaging me and then flips their shit and starts attacking me personally, you liking a comment appears to be in support of them. That's not cool. 

I came on this board and enjoyed it bc it appears to be one of the only places online where you can have discussion about politics without it becoming Twitter or totally one sided. Both sides should hear each other. If that's not the case (and I take it from my PM's that my initial impression may not have been accurate) then I'll leave. Let's hope that's not the case and we can continue discussion and debate without posters making it personal.

But if Patine continues to make personal attacks and nothing is done I'm happy to get in the mud too :)

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Anecdotal but no, it is also swing states. Obviously certain counties are very pro Trump/pro Biden, but in more mixed areas of swing states (Florida, Michigan) it does more harm than good from a community standpoint to proactively support Trump. Again, anecdotal.

And the 2nd part about "Shy Trump voters growing exponentially" is based on the cultural landscape we live in. The evidence is based in stories I read and comments about being afraid to actively voice support. The same argument "Trump voters aren't any more silent than 2016" could also be argued is faith based. 

And it's fine if you disagree (and I do provide tons of polls/articles etc), but when a poster is constantly harassing me, messaging me and then flips their shit and starts attacking me personally, you liking a comment appears to be in support of them. That's not cool. 

I came on this board and enjoyed it bc it appears to be one of the only places online where you can have discussion about politics without it becoming Twitter or totally one sided. Both sides should hear each other. If that's not the case (and I take it from my PM's that my initial impression may not have been accurate) then I'll leave. Let's hope that's not the case and we can continue discussion and debate without posters making it personal.

But if Patine continues to make personal attacks and nothing is done I'm happy to get in the mud too :)

It might get one-sided for you. The active forum users are like 80 to 90% for Biden over Trump. It’s definitely Never Trump majority. There are a few exceptions, including the admin of the forum. 

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It might get one-sided for you. The active forum users are like 80 to 90% for Biden over Trump. It’s definitely Never Trump majority. There are a few exceptions, including the admin of the forum. 

that's fine, as long as it doesn't get personal. as said, if it continues I'll start throwing personal attacks too but what does that accomplish? lol

conservatives and liberal sites both have the "LA LA LA ITS A BLOWOUT FOR TRUMP/BIDEN" going on, so at least this site attempts to analyzes things a bit more in depth. 

yeah and I like how the admin is also skeptical of the polls. it's refreshing. 

5 hours ago, Zenobiyl said:

He’s not shoving anything down your throat. He’s sharing an opinion, which he is entitled to as you are entitled to yours. 

Agreed. I happen to disagree with @PoliticalPundit's analysis, but he's been much more civil than @Patine has been lately. You've got to calm down, man. The personal attacks left and right have got to stop. Look at how @vcczar responded - pointed out a perceived flaw in reasoning and politely explained why he finds that to be an important part of the argument. It's very civil, even though you can tell that @vcczar and @PoliticalPundit are disagreeing. V clearly states he disagrees with the assessment, in fact.

Likewise, just the other day I was a clown and thought something was unconstitutional and threw it around like the buzzword of the day when I was completely mistaken, and @pilight corrected me politely. I wasn't offended, and she/he didn't push it further. Civility. 

There's no need for calling people belligerent fools, quoting him over and over again when he clearly wants nothing to do with the conversation, and constantly attacking @Actinguy and others on the forum. You've got a unique mindset about international politics, and it's alright that no everyone shares your opinions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Agreed. I happen to disagree with @PoliticalPundit's analysis, but he's been much more civil than @Patine has been lately. You've got to calm down, man. The personal attacks left and right have got to stop. Look at how @vcczar responded - pointed out a perceived flaw in reasoning and politely explained why he finds that to be an important part of the argument. It's very civil, even though you can tell that @vcczar and @PoliticalPundit are disagreeing. V clearly states he disagrees with the assessment, in fact.

Likewise, just the other day I was a clown and thought something was unconstitutional and threw it around like the buzzword of the day when I was completely mistaken, and @pilight corrected me politely. I wasn't offended, and she/he didn't push it further. Civility. 

There's no need for calling people belligerent fools, quoting him over and over again when he clearly wants nothing to do with the conversation, and constantly attacking @Actinguy and others on the forum. You've got a unique mindset about international politics, and it's alright that no everyone shares your opinions.

Thank you. 

I've reported posts of his already, hopefully the mods/ @admin_270 can act on it appropriately. 

Again, I can easily throw a LOT of cheap shots/personal attacks ("there's plenty of subject material") towards Patine but that doesn't accomplish anything. If it continues, I will do so immediately. 

It says a lot when a person gets so emotionally frazzled and enraged they resort to personal attacks instead of actual points.  

8 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

@PoliticalPundit is not a victim of my unjust, wild wrath, whose civility, rationality, and decency is a model against my monstrous, unfair screeds, And neither is @Actinguy. There's an old idiom "that it takes two to tango," They threw their own punches, and made their own unfounded attacks, and behaved like jackasses, too, and just as viciously, if maybe not as overtly to register in your august judgment. Neither is a one-side issue of blame or conduct, so stop pretending it is and disingenuously trying to pillory me and vindicate them. I've put them both on ignore for my sanity and forum harmony, so please, let sleeping dogs lay and don't pick the scabs!

Just now, Patine said:

@PoliticalPundit is not a victim of my unjust, wild wrath, whose civility, rationality, and decency is a model against my monstrous, unfair screeds, And neither is @Actinguy. There's an old idiom "that it takes two to tango," They threw their own punches, and made their own unfounded attacks, and behaved like jackasses, too, and just as viciously, if maybe not as overtly to register in your august judgment. Neither is a one-side issue of blame or conduct, so stop pretending it is and disingenuously trying to pillory me and vindicate them. I've put them both on ignore for my sanity and forum harmony, so please, let sleeping dogs lay and don't pick the scabs!

What did I do exactly besides IGNORE YOUR POST which you then continually HARASSED me about you autistic loser?  I didn't throw a "fucking punch" you moron I ignored your harassment. I hope you don't do this w women in your life or you're either a virgin or have a restraining order placed against you. You are the most aggressive dysfunctional poster I've witnessed online and that's saying something. 

The fact that this entire board (besides you) can at least have logical reasonable discussions says everything. And the fact you are continually called out on it and have a past history of it too is disgusting. 

I would bet you haven't interacted socially with a single person in your everyday life nor have one friend or even family member who you can talk to. The way you write on this board shows a total lack of social intelligence and you were most likely bullied and made fun your entire life and ostracized. No wonder you're so furious at the world constantly. 

You are either mentally challenged or need to seek therapy. 

This is the 5th time you have continued to personally attack me without me saying anything back and I'm sick of your shit. When everyone is calling out what a total loser and emotional train wreck you are maybe you need to look in the mirror you piece of shit.

And if he actually blocked me, someone can quote this all. I doubt anything will register. 

Gloves are off since the mods I guess think everything is fair game. 5 fucking times and nothing done. Ridiculous. Especially given how well mannered this board is otherwise. 

• Like 1

And to the mods @admin_270 this is not a "tit for tat/he said she said" - look at the posts

I disengaged from his argument, he harassed me for 3-4+ posts and then personally attacked me for another 3-4 posts without me saying a single personal attack till now. 

This type of behavior is allowed?? 

When multiple posters and in PM's from the other side are calling him out and nothing is being done I take that as "anything goes". 

7 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

What did I do exactly besides IGNORE YOUR POST which you then continually HARASSED me about you autistic loser?  I didn't throw a "fucking punch" you moron I ignored your harassment. I hope you don't do this w women in your life or you're either a virgin or have a restraining order placed against you. You are the most aggressive dysfunctional poster I've witnessed online and that's saying something. 

The fact that this entire board (besides you) can at least have logical reasonable discussions says everything. And the fact you are continually called out on it and have a past history of it too is disgusting. 

I would bet you haven't interacted socially with a single person in your everyday life nor have one friend or even family member who you can talk to. The way you write on this board shows a total lack of social intelligence and you were most likely bullied and made fun your entire life and ostracized. No wonder you're so furious at the world constantly. 

You are either mentally challenged or need to seek therapy. 

This is the 5th time you have continued to personally attack me without me saying anything back and I'm sick of your shit. When everyone is calling out what a total loser and emotional train wreck you are maybe you need to look in the mirror you piece of shit.

And if he actually blocked me, someone can quote this all. I doubt anything will register. 

Gloves are off since the mods I guess think everything is fair game. 5 fucking times and nothing done. Ridiculous. Especially given how well mannered this board is otherwise. 

@admin_270 this isn't just a personal attack it's an unwarranted attack on autism. As someone that's been dating someone on the spectrum for years, and someone with many friends on the spectrum, I find this very offensive. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

@admin_270 this isn't just a personal attack it's an unwarranted attack on autism. As someone that's been dating someone on the spectrum for years, and someone with many friends on the spectrum, I find this very offensive. 

"unwarranted" 

OK so he can make 5 personal attacks and lies on me in messages and posts and I have to just take it. OK. 

And as someone who is friends w people on the spectrum, I have never met someone so disrespectful (online) as that poster. 

Patine: personal attack

Me: ignore/report

Patine: personal attack #2

Patine: personal attack #3

Patine: personal attack #4

Patine: personal attack #5

Patine: personal attack #6

Me: personal attack #1

"How dare you"

shockingly hypocritical @vcczar

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Wow! He sunk that low, did he? I wouldn't have have seen it if you hadn't pointed it out. I have three nephew with severe autism, an female friend with semi-functional autism (I, as a social worker, would like to find her some help, as she lives in a crumby rooming house and has gotten involved with drugs, and can't take care of herself, but she's recalcitrant to accept help, always saying, "I'm good,") and I know a couple in Halifax through an online game who have two children, one with severe autism, and one with Asperger's Syndrome, so I too take great offence.

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

Patine: personal attack

Patine: personal attack #2

Patine: personal attack #3

Patine: personal attack #4

Patine: personal attack #5

Patine: personal attack #6

Me: personal attack #1

"How dare you"

shockingly hypocritical @vcczar

You had already reported him. So I had no need to report him. I call out @Patine all the time. He can tell you that. Now, you are over the line. 

Anyone stepping over the line should be called out regardless of what time it is. There have been a lot of problems recently in this department.

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

You had already reported him. So I had no need to report him. I call out @Patine all the time. He can tell you that. Now, you are over the line. 

Calling me a whack job, having imaginary friends, mentally challenged in messages is fine for you then vccazar? 

Please stop being a hypocrite. If the roles were reversed ideologically you would have jumped on his initial comments instead of ignoring them or liking them instead of it taking 5 posts of harassment and messages. 

Just admit you're being a hypocrite and be done with it. While multiple posters in here and in my messages have spoken up you've been silent in my time here regarding Patine. 

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Anyone stepping over the line should be called out regardless of what time it is. There have been a lot of problems recently in this department.

Clearly nothing's being done since I've reported multiple posts of that poster and nothing has changed in their behavior. 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

Calling me a whack job, having imaginary friends, mentally challenged in messages is fine for you then vccazar? 

Please stop being a hypocrite. If the roles were reversed ideologically you would have jumped on his initial comments instead of ignoring them or liking them instead of it taking 5 posts of harassment and messages. 

I have reported you to admin, and I mentioned Patine as provoking it, although you threw around insults that attack more than a person. You attacked an entire demographic which is worse. . He's probably going to temporarily suspend both of you. 

1 minute ago, billay said:

Well this thread has turned into a train wreck

Yeah. Probably should clear out of here and let admin handle it.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I have reported you to admin, and I mentioned Patine as provoking it, although you threw around insults that attack more than a person. You attacked an entire demographic which is worse. . He's probably going to temporarily suspend both of you. 

so, "whack job, having imaginary friends, mentally challenged" doesn't attack entire demographics? 

And if that's what it takes for change to happen fine. But I guess you support bullies then which is obvious based on the nature of how things have transpired. 

As stated you have stayed silent this entire time while I have been continually harassed. You're a hypocrite plain and simple. 

Oddly I'm seeing @billay's post even though I'm blocking him but since I'm seeing this, I was fulling convinced @PoliticalPundit was you under another name. Lots of similarities, but you look good by comparison. Waiting for one more incoherent outburst to block him.