270soft Forum

Kidnap Attempt of Gov. Whitmer Thwarted

Just now, CPE said:

Birds of a feather flock together, anarchists and fascists sure do not fight along side each other.  This whole story stinks to be quite honest: the timing, the element of entrapment, it all reeks of being a big set up.

A big set up? So youre saying this was planted? Or saying the FBI was ready to catch it kind of set up? I'm confused and dont want to say youre dabbling in conspiracy if you arent. These people were extremists, I dont know if they fit that well on a left-right spectrum. 

1 hour ago, CPE said:

Birds of a feather flock together, anarchists and fascists sure do not fight along side each other.  This whole story stinks to be quite honest: the timing, the element of entrapment, it all reeks of being a big set up.

1 hour ago, Hestia11 said:

A big set up? So youre saying this was planted? Or saying the FBI was ready to catch it kind of set up? I'm confused and dont want to say youre dabbling in conspiracy if you arent. These people were extremists, I dont know if they fit that well on a left-right spectrum. 

Some of the more extremist Libertarians are little different than Anarchists with distinctive ideological justification and window dressing.

37 minutes ago, Patine said:

Some of the more extremist Libertarians are little different than Anarchists with distinctive ideological justification and window dressing.

There's no terrorist attack you can attribute to Libertarian extremism. Most of it's on the far right or left. Us Libertarians just hate gun laws.

8 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

There's no terrorist attack you can attribute to Libertarian extremism. Most of it's on the far right or left. Us Libertarians just hate gun laws.

Timothy McVeigh may fall into the category of what you are referencing as well.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

Killdozer.

If my memory is correct, no lives were lost in the killdozer incident.  I think that the guy was a Catholic, and just wanted to prove a point without harming anyone innocent.  A shame what some people end up doing just to make a point...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CPE said:

If my memory is correct, no lives were lost in the killdozer incident.  I think that the guy was a Catholic, and just wanted to prove a point without harming anyone innocent.  A shame what some people end up doing just to make a point...

Well, he killed himself. But otherwise yes no other lives were lost and he was trying to prove a point but the general nature of the event and the destruction would fall into the category.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Well, he killed himself. But otherwise yes no other lives were lost and he was trying to prove a point but the general nature of the event and the destruction would fall into the category.

Yeah, Killdozer was probably the most "peaceful" (lol, oxymoronic) terrorist attack that I personally know of.  Sad that some people end up so alienated by society that they think that is the only recourse they have to fix a situation.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, CPE said:

Timothy McVeigh may fall into the category of what you are referencing as well.

Perhaps. Usually its Libertarians who still talk about Waco and I think that's what inspired him.