270soft Forum

Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Reagan04

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Assuming he is actually in charge of the nation, and not a useful idiot for someone (in singular or plural) who are in charge, or benefit and profit from the nation being on the brink of chaos, a theory that seems more and more plausible.

Absolutely. 

Pence atleast shows and maybe I'm wrong but this is how you speak to voters in the rust belt, iowa, etc. Hes not acting like a buffoon hes making points, he doesnt come across fully as some COVID  denier like his idiot boss. Hes letting Kamala step in it at times. I think the green new deal idea is something that needs to be debated. We can't have that with Trump because as soon as it got discussed hed randomly mention Hunter Biden. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Hestia11 said:

First two maybe, but Kaine/Pence was hardly interesting (or at least in the modern sense).

I found it fun to watch how badly Kaine flailed around and Pence was super strong. And the stakes given it was immediately after the access Hollywood tapes.

Kamala's definitely a stronger candidate, no idea what Clinton saw in Kaine other than solidifying Virginia 

Just now, PoliticalPundit said:

I'd be shocked in 2024 if any woman other than Kamala is a frontrunner for the nomination. I mean.. I guess AOC? But Kamala is going to be set up perfectly then given this debate, very strong.

I don't necessarily think it's helped Biden all that much, but it's definitely helped her future. 

Christ I can only start to imagine AOC trying to run. I will fucking shoot myself in the head. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NYConservative said:

Came late to the party, but Jesus Christ do I love blanket claims with no basis or laid out explanation! "We will do the thing, and we will prevent coronavirus deaths and infections!" 

Kind of like most of Trump's campaign planks in 2016 - at least those which weren't magic wand/fairy dust calibre, right?

Just now, Patine said:

Kind of like most of Trump's campaign planks in 2016 - at least those which weren't magic wand/fairy dust calibre, right?

Don't worry, you just gotta inject disinfectant into yourself!

Fuck sakes both candidates are clowns and VPs are nearly as bad

Just now, NYConservative said:

Christ I can only start to imagine AOC trying to run. I will fucking shoot myself in the head. 

You should not make such vows as that, especially while using out Lord and Saviour's name in vain in the same sentence (and the second sentence in a row you did so).

1 minute ago, NYConservative said:

I dont think anyone with that platform will come close to winning an election. Democratic Party? Definitely could see it. Bernie came super close twice. 

Could be Kamala vs. AOC in 2024, that'd be interesting. 

Just now, Patine said:

You should not make such vows as that, especially while using out Lord and Saviour's name in vain in the same sentence (and the second sentence in a row you did so).

I shan't do it again, for I can't do it if I'm fucking dead. These elections and this country in general is pissing me off at this point.

2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

I dont think anyone with that platform will come close to winning an election. Democratic Party? Definitely could see it. Bernie came super close twice. 

Eek if that's the race the Republicans better just throw Romney out there again. I think if its him vs those 2 choices he would win rather easily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billay said:

Eek if that's the race the Republicans better just throw Romney out there again. I think if its him vs those 2 choices he would win rather easily.

dear god please not Romney. people just don't connect w him like Hillary.

The Republican nominee will probably be some far right dude like Tom Cotton, Cruz, Pence, etc... 

or ........... Donald Trump Jr. lmaoooooooooooo

5 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Which platform? I ask, because a lot of Americans are misinformed on the actual platform, policies, and impacts of them - and where they really fit on the political spectrum - of politicians like Sanders, Warren, and AOC due to corporate lies to maintain their corrupt, soulless, plutocratic hegemony and their ability to bribe government, screw over workers and consumers, and have minimal regulations and taxes, as well old McCarthyist myths and urban legends. Thus, I want to make sure you know what you're REALLY referring to.

• Like 1

The Republican nominee will probably be some far right dude like Tom Cotton, Cruz, Pence, etc... 

Not a fan of Cotton and Cruz was lucky to win Texas again. 

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Which platform? I ask, because a lot of Americans are misinformed on the actual platform, policies, and impacts of them - and where they really fit on the political spectrum - of politicians like Sanders, Warren, and AOC due to corporate lies to maintain their corrupt, soulless, plutocratic and ability to bribe government and screw over workers and consumers and have minimal regulations and taxes, as well old McCarthyist myths and urban legends. Thus, I want to make sure you know what you're REALLY referring to.

I'm speaking in the most general of general terms. Taxes specifically and the % people would pay had Sanders won the nomination and been elected vs. let's say a Biden. Even you would say the tax plan between the two is vast. 

Just now, PringlesN7 said:

It's a close debate. Dont agree with Pence but he seems more calm and experienced. Leaning Pence. Not a decisive win... but I think hes doing well. Kamala isnt doing terrible.

If you can agree with either candidate I really don't respect you, not you specifically but anyone in general. I feel Pence is winning the debate however both candidates seem awful, still not comparable to Trump vs Biden but still awful.

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I think Harris is doing a fine job. I'm not entirely sure why people think Harris isnt ready, she seems like shes doing a good job to me. 

Imo

Her counterattacks have been very poor and it's clear she's not very well versed in Biden's past record (not hers).

Her detail and expertise on attacking Trump and early topics like COVID were solid. 

3 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

or ........... Donald Trump Jr. lmaoooooooooooo

I was 100% sure Cotton would be a President someday but his convention speech was so bland that now I don’t think he will. I say this as someone that would find Cotton scary. 

Imo

Her counterattacks have been very poor and it's clear she's not very well versed in Biden's past record (not hers).

Her detail and expertise on attacking Trump and early topics like COVID were solid. 

There are moments where it feels like she's still running for the top of the ticket. So not being very well versed in Biden's past could be a side effect of that. 

• Like 3