270soft Forum

Vice Presidential Debate Thread

Reagan04

Just now, Cenzonico said:

Pence with that plagiarism comment.

Yeah. Only people born 1970 or earlier will remember that, unless they’re historians or history buffs.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I’m watching but might not say much. Did Pence have a stroke at some point. He opens one side of his mouth more than the other. 

Ron Paul had a stroke live on his podcast about a week ago. That was pretty scary. He's okay though. 

Not sure on Pence. I never noticed before now. I think it's just the way he holds his face. He's always kind of had that sideways grin.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

Ron Paul had a stroke live on his podcast about a week ago. That was pretty scary. He's okay though. 

Not sure on Pence. I never noticed before now. I think it's just the way he holds his face. He's always kind of had that sideways grin.

Like Cheney

Pence is intolerable. Harris just said she’d take a vaccine if health experts recommended it. Harris just said she would take it if it was basically Trump exclusively telling people to take it. Pence also dodges the Trump ages question. 

Pence keeps going over his time while not being particularly interesting, even if he carries a more believable authority than Trump. Harris seems to be holding back, possibly because she doesn’t want to rub anyone the wrong way since Biden is leading by so much. 

I'll say this and I'm not a Pence guy but he does make a better argument for the Trump administration than Trump does and that is because clearly Trump doesnt know what hes talking about. Kind of a big deal for a guy who's in charge of the nation.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Pence keeps going over his time while not being particularly interesting, even if he carries a more believable authority than Trump. Harris seems to be holding back, possibly because she doesn’t want to rub anyone the wrong way since Biden is leading by so much. 

they're both going over their time 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, billay said:

I'll say this and I'm not a Pence guy but he does make a better argument for the Trump administration than Trump does and that is because clearly Trump doesnt know what hes talking about. Kind of a big deal for a guy who's in charge of the nation.

yeah in 2016 trump was best to take on Clinton, but in 2020 Pence would have been a fantastic matchup against Biden. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PoliticalPundit said:

they're both going over their time 

She’s gone over once. Pence has gone over 4 or 5 times and interrupted her. 

1 minute ago, billay said:

Kind of a big deal for a guy who's in charge of the nation.

Assuming he is actually in charge of the nation, and not a useful idiot for someone (in singular or plural) who are in charge, or benefit and profit from the nation being on the brink of chaos, a theory that seems more and more plausible.

I think it's been a very bland debate other than the economy.. which helps Biden. Pence had some great shots on the economy topic, but the COVID and Health topics clearly were losing issues.

Been surprised how chill Kamala has been this debate. 

The moderator has been fantastic so far. Only criticism would be less topics and more discussion between two candidates on each topic. 

I think most people have tuned out by now. 

21 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I think Harris wants a more firey debate. I think she'd have handled the first debate with Trump better than Biden did just based off of her demeanor and tone tonight and the primary debates. More willing to go on the attack. 

Yep, given her DNC debates I'm surprised how much they toned her down.

She's a strong candidate though, I'll give her that. I'm surprised how no one responded to her in the DNC. 

• Upvote 1