270soft Forum

Find out who you would vote for in the upcoming B.C. provincial election!

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

And I'll tag @Patine. I know so little about Canadian affairs that I answered as I would if the questions applied to the US. Some I marked neutral if they couldn't apply here really. 

I got 70% Green, 64% New Democratic Party, 42% Liberal Party. 

I didn't evaluate any of the leaders. Don't know who they are. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

And I'll tag @Patine. I know so little about Canadian affairs that I answered as I would if the questions applied to the US. Some I marked neutral if they couldn't apply here really. 

I've voted NDP, Federally and Provincially, in every 21st Century Election except the 2015 Canadian Federal Election, where I couldn't bring myself to vote for a scumbag like Thomas Mulcair (the leader of the NDP going into that election).

Just now, Patine said:

I've voted NDP, Federally and Provincially, in every 21st Century Election except the 2015 Canadian Federal Election, where I couldn't bring myself to vote for a scumbag like Thomas Mulcair (the leader of the NDP going into that election).

How does Green and NDP differ?

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I had much lower percentages (as a whole) of each but the same order. 57% Green, 55% NDP and 41% Liberal

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

How does Green and NDP differ?

The Green Party, like almost every Green Party in every nation and many administratively empowered subdivisions (like U.S., German, or Australian States, or Canadian Provinces) - and they exist in a statistical significant majority of sovereign nations - are strongly focused on environmental and ecological issues over others. Some national Green Parties are even Socially Conservative. The NDP is a Social Democratic Party, like many similar parties in Europe, the British Labour, except when Blair and Brown were leaders, as well as the Australian and New Zealand Labor Parties, and people like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren in the U.S. (despite slanderously and venomously being labeled as "as dangerous far-left extremists not fit to govern," by many Americans, including a notable number of Democrats.

4 minutes ago, Cenzonico said:

Hmm

20201007_170353.jpg

20201007_165944.jpg

You'd probably be in line with the BC Conservative Party, the BC Social Credit Party, the BC Provincial Party, or the BC Reform Party (all four of which were temporarily united into the BC Unity Party from 2001 to 2009, I believe, which then fell back apart into it's component parties), all sharply to the right of the BC Liberals and having any support at all in the Interior Region - and among the "little guy," parties I was annoyed were excluded in this whole affair.

• Thanks 1

How long does the calculating take? I took the questionnaire but it loads since 15 minutes. 

41 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Should just take a few seconds.

Interesting. I'll take it another time again.

@admin_270

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Liberal Party was the more centrist/center-left party. Are they more conservative at the provincial level? Also, is there a reason why there were no Conservatives?  

3 minutes ago, Sunnymentoaddict said:

@admin_270

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Liberal Party was the more centrist/center-left party. Are they more conservative at the provincial level? Also, is there a reason why there were no Conservatives?  

Yes, B.C. Liberal party is to the right of the federal Liberal party. Separate organizations that share a name.

B.C. Conservative party is marginal (0.5% of vote last election).

12 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

grn.PNG.a18255e70534d8d9ea5b1e24ddb5dafa.PNG

Mine was one small square more socially progressive than your and one small square more economically right than you. 

9 hours ago, Ishan said:

@CenzonicoThe BC Liberals are the conservative party, after the fall of the SocCreds, due to the right wing turn on social issues, the Liberals got the SocCred voters.

As I said above, the BC SoCreds and BC Conservatives still exist, and get a few votes in the Interior - they're on the ballot. The fact is this poll leaving out small parties can distort "viewpoints by poll," in many cases, like the distortion caused by American polls to determine political leaning that only include the two Duopoly Parties, for instance. BTW, BC also has a Libertarian Party.