270soft Forum

Random Non-Political Poll

Random Non-Political Poll  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following types of literature do you read? (i.e. I'll read the following more than once a year)

• Novels/Novellas
    • Short stories
    • Creative non-fiction
    • Memoirs/autobiographies
    • Essays/Literary Criticism
    • Scriptures/Religious Texts
    • Plays/Drama
    • Diaries/Letters
    • Poetry
    • Graphic Novels/Comic Books
    • Non-fiction books, such as on history, politics, current events, science, anthropology, etc.
    • I don't really read any of these, at least not twice a year.
  2. 2. Which of these Famous Artists's work do you like best?

• Michelangelo
    • Leonardo da Vinci
    • Raphael
    • Jackson Pollock
    • Marcel Duchamp
    • Salvador Dali
    • Gustav Klimt
    • Pablo Picasso
    • Vincent van Gogh
    • Andy Warhol
    • Claude Monet
    • Henri Matisse
    • Rembrandt
    • Paul Cezanne
    • Wassily Kandinsky
    • Piet Mondrian
    • Mark Rothko
    • Norman Rockwell
    • Marc Chagall
    • Banksy
    • I can't say that I like or dislike these artists since I don't know enough about art to recall what they've done.
    • I dislike all of these artists, but I do like this artist ______________ (Mention below)
  3. 3. Which of the following music genres would you choose if you were forced to listen to only one genre for 24 straight hours?

• "Classical" Music (Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi, etc.)
    • Polka Music
    • Country Music
    • Rap Music
    • Jazz Music
    • Musical Theatre Music
    • Techno Music
    • Death Metal
    • Christmas Music
    • Italian Opera
    • Silence (no music for 24 hours)
  4. 4. Best Shakespeare Play of the following

• Hamlet
    • Macbeth
    • Julius Caesar
    • Romeo and Juliet
    • King Lear
    • Merchant of Venice
    • A Midsummer's Night's Dream
    • Othello
    • The Tempest
    • Much Ado About Nothing
    • I don't like any of these Shakespeare plays, but I do like this one ____________ (mention below)
    • I don't like Shakespeare plays

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Wasn't he a Cubist, or am I mistaking him for someone else?

Picasso? Yes 

43 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

But really I like the more fluffy Shakespearean plays. A little Macbeth or Hamlet goes a long way, IMO. Just give me the stand-out monologues and choice dialogue and leave the rest, s'il vous plait.

I have book that's just his best monologues. I like King Lear the most, partially for the monologues. I also like it because every character is clearly well-made. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

HEY.  

TWO of my favorite genres were on the list.  In addition to showtunes, I also listen to a lot of country.

Yeah — my Spotify account is an absolute mess.  ;c)

Country and rap are my least favorite types of music. There are exceptions within this genre. I think old country is better than country music made within the last three decades.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Country and rap are my least favorite types of music. There are exceptions within this genre. I think old country is better than country music made within the last three decades.

I agree on the Country Music analysis. Modern Country Music has lost it's unique sound and roots - it's now just a regional variant of pop rock. I do have some tolerance for Rap - but similarly, only Old School Rap. I have no fondness for anything in the last three decades.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson gang

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson gang

Willie Nelson has a few good ones, except when he's collaborating with losers like Tobias Keith. Charlie Daniels, Dolly Parton, Conway Twitty, Reba McIntyre, and definitely Kenny Rogers have some good ones, as well.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I meant Dali. I knew Picasso was.

Dali was a surrealist. 

55 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I grew up on oldies (mom) and country (dad), so I still have an affinity for both.  I don’t mind rap either, generally speaking.  Some of it is really poetic and brilliant.  And then as an actor I specialized in musical theater, so even though that life is behind me now that I’m a dad with mouths to feed, I still love the songs as they take me back to a fun time in my life.

If I had to name a music genre I don’t like — maybe heavy metal?  I like songs that tell a story or convey an idea (like most country songs do — at least, the good ones do), and if Heavy Metal songs are telling a story, I have no idea what that story is because I cannot understand a single word of the lyrics.

Hey, art fans.  I don’t anything about art, really, so let me ask you.  Do you know who painted the second image from the left (the squiggly lines one).  Or at least what kind of art style that is?

0A121D8A-3A7C-434B-BF0A-7F098B137BE8.thumb.jpeg.8fbe475b7c675a2a5a0059f976ab371a.jpeg

these are from a board game I had as a kid, and as the other art pieces are famous, I assume that one is too.  It was my favorite when I was a kid, and so — to the extent that I have a favorite artist, as someone who doesn’t know art and also doesn’t see colors well — I guess my favorite artist is whoever painted that.

13 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Hey, art fans.  I don’t anything about art, really, so let me ask you.  Do you know who painted the second image from the left (the squiggly lines one).  Or at least what kind of art style that is?

0A121D8A-3A7C-434B-BF0A-7F098B137BE8.thumb.jpeg.8fbe475b7c675a2a5a0059f976ab371a.jpeg

these are from a board game I had as a kid, and as the other art pieces are famous, I assume that one is too.  It was my favorite when I was a kid, and so — to the extent that I have a favorite artist, as someone who doesn’t know art and also doesn’t see colors well — I guess my favorite artist is whoever painted that.

Not sure but seems about the era of Mondrian, who is the 4th image. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Was that boardgame called "Masterpiece," perchance?

2 hours ago, Patine said:

Willie Nelson has a few good ones, except when he's collaborating with losers like Tobias Keith. Charlie Daniels, Dolly Parton, Conway Twitty, Reba McIntyre, and definitely Kenny Rogers have some good ones, as well.

I'm really surprised that you like Charlie Daniels. Interesting. Never would have guessed. Love Kenny Rogers too.

But yeah Toby Keith is a loser.

10 hours ago, Patine said:

Was that boardgame called "Masterpiece," perchance?

Nope, but I had that one too.

This one is Clue: Museum Caper, a game I had as a kid.  One player is the museum guard, trying to stop the thief.  The other players are characters from Clue, trying to steal the paintings.

20 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Although they may look accurate, all the paintings are faked. The game publisher didn't want to pay anyone for the rights to use them. So you won't find any famous paintings that look exactly like that. These four are in the style of Monet/Van Gogh, Kandinsky, Degas and Mondrian, left to right.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, upandaway said:

Although they may look accurate, all the paintings are faked. The game publisher didn't want to pay anyone for the rights to use them. So you won't find any famous paintings that look exactly like that. These four are in the style of Monet/Van Gogh, Kandinsky, Degas and Mondrian, left to right.

Thanks!