Jump to content
270soft Forum

270Soft Members on the Left-Right Spectrum


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

A dismissive, detached, and apathetic answer worthy of Mitt Romney.

I don't know why you complain that I was ignoring you and then complain that you don't like that I don't have the magic answer you sought.  This is why I sometimes ignore you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is just for fun and based off a poll I made about a week ago. Took me forever to calculate the results but here goes. Here's where we would possibly fall as 2020 candidates on the issues: F

This is interesting - confirms the sense that the forum average is significantly left of centre, and that even with the right of centre folks, it's largely libertarian influenced.

I'm sorry that I broke him 😦

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

A dismissive, detached, and apathetic answer worthy of Mitt Romney. You didn't even address the egregious, unnecessary, and completely unacceptable and intolerable immense death toll (and making the Government criminal against it's own people), and all for a damned paternalistic law. You just said basically said you want the first-degree murder committed by Government to be spread more evenly by race.

What a stupid thing to think I said, when my actual words are right there for you to re-read.

This is why I ignore you.  Actual conversation is not possible.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patine said:

A dismissive, detached, and apathetic answer worthy of Mitt Romney. You didn't even address the egregious, unnecessary, and completely unacceptable and intolerable immense death toll (and making the Government criminal against it's own people), and all for a damned paternalistic law. You just said basically said you want the first-degree murder committed by Government to be spread more evenly by race.

I really think he's being dismissive, detached, and apathetic to you, and not to the topic. I would likely be the same if I every engagement I had with you had a 50%+ chance of a corresponding personal attack. It still boggles my mind that you are the only person on this forum that has an issue with @Actinguy. He's one of the least offensive people and most helpful, considerate people on here.

I am fairly certain had I or anyone else on here had asked him the question you asked him, his response and tone would be a little preferable. However, as both of you lack respect of the other, it's probably not really fun (at least for him) to correspond. If you reacted to me the way you regularly react to Actinguy, I'd probably just block you. 

It was almost as if you asked the question so you could unleash your prepared ambush.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

What a stupid thing to think I said, when my actual words are right there for you to re-read.

This is why I ignore you.  Actual conversation is not possible.

No, it's not stupid, because you refused to address the mass deaths caused by law-enforcement of this purely paternalistic law, I can only assume that a.)You support such a system, b.)You see no reason to change it, or idea of what to change it to, so support it by default, or c.)It's not a big enough to address (because you haven't yet) and you support it by neglect. You have presented no contrasting point of view, and have, in fact, refused to directly address the issue, and thus I have nothing else to work with here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I really think he's being dismissive, detached, and apathetic to you, and not to the topic. I would likely be the same if I every engagement I had with you had a 50%+ chance of a corresponding personal attack. It still boggles my mind that you are the only person on this forum that has an issue with @Actinguy. He's one of the least offensive people and most helpful, considerate people on here.

I am fairly certain had I or anyone else on here had asked him the question you asked him, his response and tone would be a little preferable. However, as both of you lack respect of the other, it's probably not really fun (at least for him) to correspond. If you reacted to me the way you regularly react to Actinguy, I'd probably just block you. 

It was almost as if you asked the question so you could unleash your prepared ambush.

An ambush, no. I wanted his point of view. He was singular in his views on a topic (he was first mentioned on that by @ThePotatoWalrus), and I really did want to know he could defend that. As a social worker, I'm very much aware of the damage, abuse of power, and unnecessary death drug law-enforcement almost always brings. I wasn't even sure if he really understood what he was even defending. My inquiry was genuine - but he resorted to his "jackass," mode, for which you, and all other posters here, should give him no respect, accolades, or "understanding," for such a disgusting mode of behaviour. Also, him switching behaviour modes in such a way probably means he can't be trusted as much as you think he can.

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

he resorted to his "jackass," mode, for which you, and all other posters here, should give him no respect, accolades, or "understanding," for such a disgusting mode of behaviour. 

Maybe look in the mirror?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Maybe look in the mirror?

Not an appropriate quote here (though it's good one for many circumstances, I admit, and one I quite like - and it sunk Jim Prentice and 41 years of straight Progressive Conservative governance in Alberta in the 2015 election, and got the New Democrats in), but that's not the case here. My responses and posts vary in mood and intent, like anyone whose not monotonous and mechanical in nature, but their variations on the same persona (from any obvious external point-of-view, I'm pretty confident most clear-headed observers would agree). What I'm talking about is @Actinguy sharply changing his mode of persona - almost a Jekyll and Hyde effect - which is very different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Patine said:

An ambush, no. I wanted his point of view. He was singular in his views on a topic (he was first mentioned on that by @ThePotatoWalrus), and I really did want to know he could defend that. As a social worker, I'm very much aware of the damage, abuse of power, and unnecessary death drug law-enforcement almost always brings. I wasn't even sure if he really understood what he was even defending. My inquiry was genuine - but he resorted to his "jackass," mode, for which you, and all other posters here, should give him no respect, accolades, or "understanding," for such a disgusting mode of behaviour. Also, him switching behaviour modes in such a way probably means he can't be trusted as much as you think he can.

 

23 minutes ago, Patine said:

Not an appropriate quote here (though it's good one for many circumstances, I admit, and one I quite like - and it sunk Jim Prentice and 41 years of straight Progressive Conservative governance in Alberta in the 2015 election, and got the New Democrats in), but that's not the case here. My responses and posts vary in mood and intent, like anyone whose not monotonous and mechanical in nature, but their variations on the same persona (from any obvious external point-of-view, I'm pretty confident most clear-headed observers would agree). What I'm talking about is @Actinguy sharply changing his mode of persona - almost a Jekyll and Hyde effect - which is very different.

I'll say once again, which I pretty much say in my previous post. He reserves this personality change for you. While I agree with you ideologically on the issue, I completely understand his reaction to you. If I were him, I'd have blocked you by now as I do anyone who is routinely disharmonious or whom resort to personal attacks. I only have not blocked you because you have not started treating me the same way you treat @Actinguy, even though I agree with you on almost every issue and value. What I don't like are people routinely starting fights, regardless of who they are. If I had a kid that was also on this forum, and they acted the way that you and Servo and some of the others on here do, I'd block him too. So while I can find some kinship with you, I can also be frustrated to the point that blocking you would be healthier and also much more enjoyable for a forum experience. I sort of miss the pre-2016 Patine, the one that rarely got authoritarian and militant and who was often much more calm and seemingly more balanced, even when in disagreement. 

Now, I'll speak no more of this until the next personal attack. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I sort of miss the pre-2016 Patine

I'm sorry that I broke him 😦

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I really think he's being dismissive, detached, and apathetic to you, and not to the topic. I would likely be the same if I every engagement I had with you had a 50%+ chance of a corresponding personal attack. It still boggles my mind that you are the only person on this forum that has an issue with @Actinguy. He's one of the least offensive people and most helpful, considerate people on here.

I am fairly certain had I or anyone else on here had asked him the question you asked him, his response and tone would be a little preferable. However, as both of you lack respect of the other, it's probably not really fun (at least for him) to correspond. If you reacted to me the way you regularly react to Actinguy, I'd probably just block you. 

It was almost as if you asked the question so you could unleash your prepared ambush.

 

55 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Maybe look in the mirror?

 

12 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I'm sorry that I broke him 😦

 

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Hey don't take all the credit!

But, anyways, I'm moving on from this incident. I'm not going to get mired in it. I'll just say, as a last (and generally directed) word on the issue, that people should educated themselves on issues they publicly defend or advocate.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 3:52 PM, vcczar said:

@NYConservative (Kind of like a Libertarian Republican who has a bunch of random Andrew Yang views mixed in, which moves him here)
 

Honestly not surprising, ever since joining this forum and creating this name I've moved heavily towards libertarianism, I do adopt some more left-wing views but I'd say I'm still mostly lib-right imho.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...