Jump to content
270soft Forum

270Soft Members on the Left-Right Spectrum


Recommended Posts

Just now, Actinguy said:

Yes, we both agree that they are crimes.  But you said victimless crime, I pointed out the victims.  
 

The data shows a significant increase in impaired driving when you legalize marijuana. 

I see what you mean. I only meant smoking it in your own home is victimless. Yeah, definitely don't get behind the wheel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is just for fun and based off a poll I made about a week ago. Took me forever to calculate the results but here goes. Here's where we would possibly fall as 2020 candidates on the issues: F

This is interesting - confirms the sense that the forum average is significantly left of centre, and that even with the right of centre folks, it's largely libertarian influenced.

I'm sorry that I broke him 😦

22 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

How’s that working out?

Well, it does cut the deaths down to mostly just that caused tobacco alone, even if a lot of deception happens to fill the coffers of soulless tobacco corporations, which is a point I made on my response to you, above that the paradigm of narcotics law-enforcement and all of it's subsidiary atrocity are almost on the level of a government-induced genocide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Second hand smoke 5x worse than a cigarette and impaired driving are not victimless crimes.

I've never smoked a cigarette, but I during my pre-smoking ban coffee shop days, I inhaled a lot of 2nd hand smoke. People thought I was a smoker because I reeked of cigarettes all the time--my hair and clothes mostly. I would spend at least 8 hours in coffee shops. On the weekends, it was like 12+ hours. My record was about 21 hours straight when one of the coffee shops was briefly 24 hours. I sometime stayed in them from beginning to close. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I see what you mean. I only meant smoking it in your own home is victimless. Yeah, definitely don't get behind the wheel.

 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I've never smoked a cigarette, but I during my pre-smoking ban coffee shop days, I inhaled a lot of 2nd hand smoke. People thought I was a smoker because I reeked of cigarettes all the time--my hair and clothes mostly. I would spend at least 8 hours in coffee shops. On the weekends, it was like 12+ hours. My record was about 21 hours straight when one of the coffee shops was briefly 24 hours. I sometime stayed in them from beginning to close. 

@Actinguy is still ignoring my three posts regarding the immensely high (and unnecessary and unacceptable) in human life of narcotics law-enforcement and that caused by the "Al Capone effect," of criminalization, but he's going on about second-hand smoke and driving high, which, while VERY significant issues, are comparatively small potatoes in comparison in regards to the egregious loss of life caused.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Taking a quick look at the amount of people running of different ideologies, it would probably be difficult for any progressive to win outside a few states just due to the heavy vote splitting. It would definitely be a moderate or standard Democrat winning almost every single primary. 

On the Republican side, I'd say it as a cakewalk for @Conservative Elector 2 because every other Republican is courting the exact same base. 

I'd run as a liberal Republican though tbh. So a slightly different base than my default. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I'd run as a liberal Republican though tbh. So a slightly different base than my default. 

Might have the other downfall that the rest of the right-libertarians would have in the republican party: a smaller base. I'd say @Conservative Elector 2would have the biggest base, which would make the primaries easier for him.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Taking a quick look at the amount of people running of different ideologies, it would probably be difficult for any progressive to win outside a few states just due to the heavy vote splitting. It would definitely be a moderate or standard Democrat winning almost every single primary. 

On the Republican side, I'd say it as a cakewalk for @Conservative Elector 2 because every other Republican is courting the exact same base. 

You haven't seen all the tricks I have up my sleeve. Just wait until I pull out CE's birth certificate 😉

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilentLiberty said:

I'd run as a liberal Republican though tbh. So a slightly different base than my default. 

Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich killed the idea of Liberal Republicans, remember.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

You haven't seen all the tricks I have up my sleeve. Just wait until I pull out CE's birth certificate 😉

I'd endorse you for a VP nomination.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

If we're running for president I'll pull a Perot or John Anderson and just criticize both the left and right 😛

 

But remember, you mean "just criticize the Democrats and Republicans." They're just two political parties, like any other political party in the world, inherently. They're not transcendent and all-encompassing representations of half of the political spectrum in it's entirety each. The couching of them being such is highly disingenuous and pompous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'd endorse you for a VP nomination.

I'd certainly consider @Reagan04 as VP :P

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Patine said:

But remember, you mean "just criticize the Democrats and Republicans." They're just two political parties, like any other political party in the world, inherently. They're not transcendent and all-encompassing representations of half of the political spectrum in it's entirety each. The couching of them being such is highly disingenuous and pompous.

Yes that's what I meant :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vcczar said:

This is just for fun and based off a poll I made about a week ago. Took me forever to calculate the results but here goes. Here's where we would possibly fall as 2020 candidates on the issues:

  • Far-Left: Scored higher than 51+ left
  • Left: Scored between 31-51 left
  • Center Left: Scored between 11-30 left
  • Center: scored within 10 on the L-R spectrum on 2020 issues.
    • @Isaacr88 (Not so much a centrist as having a platform that is all over the place)
    • @TheLiberalKitten 
    • @SilentLiberty (Almost Center-Right, but really a Libertarianish Conservative with some progressive or liberal views)
    • @Vavent (Very similar to my description of Silent Liberty)
  • Center Right: scored between 11-30 right
    • @Berg2036 (Somewhat Libertarian)
    • @Cenzonico (Somewhat Libertarian)
    • @ThePotatoWalrus (Would be Right if not for many Libertarian positions embraced mostly by progressives)
    • @Reagan04 (Same as ThePotatoWalrus. Both are largely Libertarian in many cases)
  • Right: scored between 31-51 right
    • n/a
  • Far-Right: Scored higher than 51+ right

If we were planets/planetoids, @Conservative Elector 2 would be Pluto. There's no one near his orbit. Of the conservatives that took the test, all but @Conservative Elector 2 are probably more Libertarian Conservative than Establishment Conservative. Most of the Left-wingers are Progressive Liberals rather than Mainstream Liberals. 

This doesn't really surprise me. If I had more time, I'd create a two-party primary map based off our results, but I don't think I can do that anytime soon. Maybe it's something I can do after the election in real life.

@vcczar where is your test? I am curious to reply to it !

I think I would end up between Center (I am left to far-left on society and center-right on economy)

I am also surprized of @Reagan04 I would have bet more in the right-wing (not far-right) than libertarian

Same for my @TheLiberalKitten I am completely shocked to see you in the center, you are dating way too much with the comies over here :o 

For the Far-Left gang no surprise 😛 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • vcczar changed the title to 270Soft Members on the Left-Right Spectrum
1 minute ago, Edouard said:

@vcczar where is your test? I am curious to reply to it !

I think I would end up between Center (I am far left on society and center-right on economy)

I am also surprized of @Reagan04 I would have bet more in the right-wing (not far-right) than libertarian

Same for my @TheLiberalKitten I am completely shocked to see you in the center :o 

For the Far-Left gang no surprise 😛 

 

Check the thread. It's something like "What would be your platform if you were running for president in 2020" or something like that. I'll add any new test takers in about a week. Would like @admin_270 to take it too. Curious where he lands. I consider it a huge day that I got @Patine to take it at all. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Check the thread. It's something like "What would be your platform if you were running for president in 2020" or something like that. I'll add any new test takers in about a week. Would like @admin_270 to take it too. Curious where he lands. I consider it a huge day that I got @Patine to take it at all. 

Done !

Thank you !

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, vcczar said:

This is just for fun and based off a poll I made about a week ago. Took me forever to calculate the results but here goes. Here's where we would possibly fall as 2020 candidates on the issues:

  • Far-Left: Scored higher than 51+ left
  • Left: Scored between 31-51 left
  • Center Left: Scored between 11-30 left
  • Center: scored within 10 on the L-R spectrum on 2020 issues.
    • @Isaacr88 (Not so much a centrist as having a platform that is all over the place)
    • @TheLiberalKitten 
    • @SilentLiberty (Almost Center-Right, but really a Libertarianish Conservative with some progressive or liberal views)
    • @Vavent (Very similar to my description of Silent Liberty)
  • Center Right: scored between 11-30 right
    • @Berg2036 (Somewhat Libertarian)
    • @Cenzonico (Somewhat Libertarian)
    • @ThePotatoWalrus (Would be Right if not for many Libertarian positions embraced mostly by progressives)
    • @Reagan04 (Same as ThePotatoWalrus. Both are largely Libertarian in many cases)
  • Right: scored between 31-51 right
    • n/a
  • Far-Right: Scored higher than 51+ right

If we were planets/planetoids, @Conservative Elector 2 would be Pluto. There's no one near his orbit. Of the conservatives that took the test, all but @Conservative Elector 2 are probably more Libertarian Conservative than Establishment Conservative. Most of the Left-wingers are Progressive Liberals rather than Mainstream Liberals. 

This doesn't really surprise me. If I had more time, I'd create a two-party primary map based off our results, but I don't think I can do that anytime soon. Maybe it's something I can do after the election in real life.

Do you agree that Europe is naturally more leftist than USA and who is Far Left in this chart would be Center LEft? Or do you believe that things are turning similar in last years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Entrecampos said:

Do you agree that Europe is naturally more leftist than USA and who is Far Left in this chart would be Center LEft? Or do you believe that things are turning similar in last years?

Yeah, Europe is probably both more far-left and more far-right, but probably more left in general, based off their greater acceptance of Socialisms best policies and what I see when I see what parties have support in parliament, etc.. However, I've never lived there to see what people say about their politics over there. I think Bernie Sanders would be normal in Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Yeah, Europe is probably both more far-left and more far-right, but probably more left in general, based off their greater acceptance of Socialisms best policies and what I see when I see what parties have support in parliament, etc.. However, I've never lived there to see what people say about their politics over there. I think Bernie Sanders would be normal in Europe.

Parties Votes % ±pp swing MPs MPs %/
votes %
2015 2019 ± % ±
  Socialist 1,903,687 36.35 Increase4.0 86 108 Increase22 46.96 Increase9.6 1.29
  Social Democratic 1,454,283 27.77 [a] 89 79 Decrease10 34.35 Decrease4.3 1.24
  Left Bloc 498,549 9.52 Decrease0.7 19 19 Steady0 8.26 Steady0.0 0.87
  Unitary Democratic Coalition 332,018 6.34 Decrease1.9 17 12 Decrease5 5.22 Decrease2.2 0.82
  People's 221,094 4.22 [a] 18 5 Decrease13 2.17 Decrease5.6 0.51
  People–Animals–Nature 173,931 3.32 Increase1.9 1 4 Increase3 1.74 Increase1.3 0.52
  CHEGA 67,502 1.29 N/A N/A 1 N/A 0.43 N/A 0.33
  Liberal Initiative 67,443 1.29 N/A N/A 1 N/A 0.43 N/A 0.33
  LIVRE 56,940 1.09 Increase0.4 0 1 Increase1 0.43 Increase0.4 0.39

 


Portugal its very interesting in this. We have Unitary Democratic Coalition that is a pure marxist/leninist party. Left Bloc that is progressive left, like PODEMOS in Spain, Socialists are the biggest party, and even Social Democratics usually dont like to be called as right but centirsts. People/s defines themselves as moderate right. People/Animals/Nature is green party, Chega is Trumpian party, Liberal Initiative is like hardcore libertarians and LIVRE is a mix of Socialists and Left Bloc. Chega is upping in polls, but I doubt that Trump would have more than 5/10% vote here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Entrecampos said:
Parties Votes % ±pp swing MPs MPs %/
votes %
2015 2019 ± % ±
  Socialist 1,903,687 36.35 Increase4.0 86 108 Increase22 46.96 Increase9.6 1.29
  Social Democratic 1,454,283 27.77 [a] 89 79 Decrease10 34.35 Decrease4.3 1.24
  Left Bloc 498,549 9.52 Decrease0.7 19 19 Steady0 8.26 Steady0.0 0.87
  Unitary Democratic Coalition 332,018 6.34 Decrease1.9 17 12 Decrease5 5.22 Decrease2.2 0.82
  People's 221,094 4.22 [a] 18 5 Decrease13 2.17 Decrease5.6 0.51
  People–Animals–Nature 173,931 3.32 Increase1.9 1 4 Increase3 1.74 Increase1.3 0.52
  CHEGA 67,502 1.29 N/A N/A 1 N/A 0.43 N/A 0.33
  Liberal Initiative 67,443 1.29 N/A N/A 1 N/A 0.43 N/A 0.33
  LIVRE 56,940 1.09 Increase0.4 0 1 Increase1 0.43 Increase0.4 0.39

 


Portugal its very interesting in this. We have Unitary Democratic Coalition that is a pure marxist/leninist party. Left Bloc that is progressive left, like PODEMOS in Spain, Socialists are the biggest party, and even Social Democratics usually dont like to be called as right but centirsts. People/s defines themselves as moderate right. People/Animals/Nature is green party, Chega is Trumpian party, Liberal Initiative is like hardcore libertarians and LIVRE is a mix of Socialists and Left Bloc. Chega is upping in polls, but I doubt that Trump would have more than 5/10% vote here.

Very interesting. Also, that's wonderful that Portugal has the intelligence that it would likely not give Trump any chance to power. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Patine said:

 

@Actinguy is still ignoring my three posts regarding the immensely high (and unnecessary and unacceptable) in human life of narcotics law-enforcement and that caused by the "Al Capone effect," of criminalization, but he's going on about second-hand smoke and driving high, which, while VERY significant issues, are comparatively small potatoes in comparison in regards to the egregious loss of life caused.

Yeah man, it happens.  I'm a busy guy, sometimes.  Also, we don't always get along and the back and forth sometimes takes up more of my day than I can spare.

I don't have a magic cure for racism in law enforcement.  I agree it exists and I agree it's a problem.  I would like to see white people held more accountable for committing the same crimes as black people, rather than holding black people less accountable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Yeah man, it happens.  I'm a busy guy, sometimes.  Also, we don't always get along and the back and forth sometimes takes up more of my day than I can spare.

I don't have a magic cure for racism in law enforcement.  I agree it exists and I agree it's a problem.  I would like to see white people held more accountable for committing the same crimes as black people, rather than holding black people less accountable.  

A dismissive, detached, and apathetic answer worthy of Mitt Romney. You didn't even address the egregious, unnecessary, and completely unacceptable and intolerable immense death toll (and making the Government criminal against it's own people), and all for a damned paternalistic law. You just said basically said you want the first-degree murder committed by Government to be spread more evenly by race.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...