270soft Forum

Trump tests positive for Covid

As someone who takes his faith very seriously I think it should be normal to wish everyone well despite disagreeing with that person.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You dont represent the Democratic Party. All people should be prayed to live and it is bad to wish death on anybody.

This lost trump the election imo, as someone who thought he had a coin flip chance to win if not 60% as of last debate.    few things: 1) reinforces how badly he mismanaged covid and so

Hope Hicks should be arrested for trying to assassinate the president with Covid.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Let him die.

You dont represent the Democratic Party. All people should be prayed to live and it is bad to wish death on anybody.

• Upvote 4
6 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

he said he got tested pre debate so it happened I think on the plane ride back from the debate

IIUC, it can take a day or two to show up, depending on the test.  Also, there's a report that Trump wasn't feeling well the day after the debate which would suggest he was pre-symptomatic for 1-5 days before that (unless it was fatigue or realizing he did badly in the debate).

I just hope his own experience with Covid (if he’s showing symptoms) makes him realize he should have taken this more seriously. 

Part of me wonders if he really has it. Maybe he’s trying to get sympathy points for the election.  I wouldn’t put it past him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I just hope his own experience with Covid (if he’s showing symptoms) makes him realize he should have taken this more seriously. 

Part of me wonders if he really has it. Maybe he’s trying to get sympathy points for the election.  I wouldn’t put it past him. 

I worry if it doesnt do much he will just say that thats how it is for everyone and its not a big deal

10 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I worry if it doesnt do much he will just say that thats how it is for everyone and its not a big deal

Yeah. That’s the worse case scenario. 

News is he has a mild case, so he likely will. He’s got the best healthcare and doctors on the planet. Others don’t. 

37 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I was wondering whether he'd use it as an excuse to withdraw from the race

I hope he makes a full recovery after being pushed to the brink, and that this becomes a turning point for him, perhaps this sickness can be the three spirits to Trump's Ebenezer Scrooge.

11 minutes ago, pilight said:

I was wondering whether he'd use it as an excuse to withdraw from the race

No. I think he uses it to:

1. Get out of the debates.
  2. See if sympathy helps him in the polls.
  3. Allows him to recalibrate on his Covid message or to throw his entire cards in and say, "it isn't a big deal. Democrats kept you in your houses for no reason!" or something like that.
  4. Allows him to figure out an October surprise of his own choosing. 

Regardless, I think he uses this as some sort of opportunity, whether he really has it or not, whether it is really serious or not, etc. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Even if they've killed 200,000 Americans!?

3 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

Given he's British, he's denied membership, or even the legal right to donate directly to the Democratic Party of United States - or the Republican Party of the United States, for that matter -as am I actually. Although I myself, strongly support the New Democratic Party of Canada, though I'm not a member because of membership rules (though I'd likely be considered one if Canadian Parties used U.S. membership rules), and I only once, Federally or Provincially, voted against them in the 21st Century, and that was the 2015 Canadian Federal Election. because I could not bring myself to vote for a sludge bucket like Mulcair. It's just unfortunate that ideological Social Democrats - the ideological basis of the Canadian NDP - are utterly marginalized in the U.S. Democratic Party.

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Yeah. That’s the worse case scenario. 

News is he has a mild case, so he likely will. He’s got the best healthcare and doctors on the planet. Others don’t. 

He's 70+ years old and has been on a McDiet for decades. How is it, "a mild case," for someone like him?

32 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Even if they've killed 200,000 Americans!?

That’s a hyperbolic statement and doesn’t justify celebrating the idea of our politicians dying from a horrible disease.

This is something I see on the right as well as the left, and it’s frankly sad. My conservative relatives pulled this shit when RBG died, and when I tried to call them out on it used very similar justifications to yours. 

Take a step back from the politics and ask yourself why you think the idea of an American citizen dying is a good thing. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

That’s a hyperbolic statement and doesn’t justify celebrating the idea of our politicians dying from a horrible disease.

This is something I see on the right as well as the left, and it’s frankly sad. My conservative relatives pulled this shit when RBG died, and when I tried to call them out on it used very similar justifications to yours. 

Take a step back from the politics and ask yourself why you think the idea of an American citizen dying is a good thing. 

It happens in Britain, too, where @Wiw is from. The street parties and celebrations in London and other major British urban areas chanting, "Ding, Dong, the Witch is Dead," when Margaret Thatcher passed away.

I'm not rooting for him to get seriously ill or die. I despise most of what he stands for and think he deserves to lose resoundingly, but he's still a human being and he deserves some basic level of respect and empathy (even if he himself doesn't display respect or empathy to others). I didn't like the Thatcher death celebrations either.

(I also don't want him to get a "sympathy vote.")

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Patine said:

It happens in Britain, too, where @Wiw is from. The street parties and celebrations in London and other major British urban areas chanting, "Ding, Dong, the Witch is Dead," when Margaret Thatcher passed away.

Hardly surprising, given that she took us down a dark path from which we're not likely to escape any time soon.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

He has the best healthcare in the world.

Actually, an elite healthcare access review did a study. The Persian Gulf absolute theocratic monarchs, the Prince of Liechtenstein, Queen Elizabeth II and her inner family, Pope Francis, and 50 or so billionaires, mostly in Silicon Valley, statistically have better healthcare on tap than the U.S. President. Next to no one else, of course...

24 minutes ago, Patine said:

Indeed. Scotland and Northern England had 'Jelly & Ice Cream when Thatcher dies' as well. Donald would scan nicely in that one.

Im just gonna say while it is more than possible Trump has mild symptoms, I am a little concerned that they could worsen or are worse than being said. He cancelled a conference call (having Pence do it) which you can do from WH. Plus when Boris got it, they claimed mild symptoms but that didnt end up being true. Again, just a theory but I'm not sure we're being told completely accurately.

I think Trump getting this virus has brought out the true nature of a lot of people. Quite horrifying to be perfectly honest. I hope for the country's sake that President Trump gets through this, even if I profoundly want him to lose in November. Some people really need to do some mental evaluation of themselves, and learn that you dont fight disrespect with even greater disrespect, you fight it by being the better person, and being an example. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

He is now receiving a "Experimental antibody cocktail", which I saw many doctors say he wouldn't be receiving if his condition wasn't serious, it is possible they are trying to downplay how serious his condition is. 

• Thanks 1