270soft Forum

Trump tests positive for Covid

Guys he has it.

How does this affect the race if at all? Where do we go from here?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You dont represent the Democratic Party. All people should be prayed to live and it is bad to wish death on anybody.

This lost trump the election imo, as someone who thought he had a coin flip chance to win if not 60% as of last debate.    few things: 1) reinforces how badly he mismanaged covid and so

Hope Hicks should be arrested for trying to assassinate the president with Covid.

Posted Images

The next Presidential debate is suppose to happen in the next two weeks so that will likely be postponed unless they decide to have a Zoom debate or something like that. Besides that, I don't see it really changing the campaign trail unless Trump's health takes a drastic turn for the worst. 

This lost trump the election imo, as someone who thought he had a coin flip chance to win if not 60% as of last debate. 

few things:

1) reinforces how badly he mismanaged covid and so many quotes about how its a little sneeze, etc 

2) media will go berserk if he is asymptomatic and is back to doing rallies in a week. 0 chance the next debate happens.

3) media will scrutinize his every sniffle and breath till Election Day. to be fair, same thing would have happened had/if Biden had it

4) his main asset, rallies is now gone for the foreseeable future. 

5) does not help him at all w swing voters who broke for him last minute last time 

yes he gets a ton of media attention, but think this is really bad for him politically. 

on the positive, I think this highlights the importance of the VP debate w old Biden and covid trump's backups going head to head. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

on the positive, I think this highlights the importance of the VP debate w old Biden and covid trump's backups going head to head. 

Has the President interacted with Pence recently?  Perhaps the current Vice President and entire Trump family are infected.

Crazy world. It was only a matter of time, of course he'll have access to the best healthcare in the world, but due to his age and health complications it could be a long process.

2 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Crazy world. It was only a matter of time, of course he'll have access to the best healthcare in the world, but due to his age and health complications it could be a long process.

Boris Johnson is younger and about the same body type and was in the ICU.

9 minutes ago, Jayavarman said:

Has the President interacted with Pence recently?  Perhaps the current Vice President and entire Trump family are infected.

he said he got tested pre debate so it happened I think on the plane ride back from the debate

pence wasn't there so hes fine,

biden and Wallace should get tested though 

I mean for people who dont think this affects trumps chances

if this happened to Biden his poll numbers would drop 

1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

boris is way more unhealthy though

I know trump is overweight but he doesn't drink or do drugs 

Does Boris?

I think two things are helping Trump now.

People might feel more sympathetic towards him, as they did for Boris Johnson.

Biden's campaign won't receive much media coverage after this announcement.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, billay said:

I'm not trying to be funny when I say this but it's true. It might help Trump because he for once wont be in the spotlight. If he was smart he wouldnt tweet either. 

Won't be in the spotlight?? Media is going to be 24/7 Trump coverage till Election Day now as if it wasn't already.

Now that I think about it, if he recovers/asymptomatic this actually might help him with his poll numbers.

Can you imagine him in the 3rd debate boasting how healthy he is and that if Biden got it he'd be unable to continue or something? can easily see it

we'll know more in a week. 

lots of people w covid say there are good and bad days.  

• Thanks 1

I hope Trump doesn't die. Pence has a better chance of winning. But I kinda want Trump to die just for the shitz and gigglez. He deserves it after downplaying the Virus. And downplaying those 200 thousand people that died. 

Oh, no.

I am so very sad.

I can't believe how hard this must be on Donald Trump.

To finally...for the first time in his 74 years on this Earth...to FINALLY face an actual consequence for his actions.  

Still -- we must not lose our humanity.

I promise to show Donald Trump the exact same level of compassion that he has shown for the innocent children he has locked in cages to live in inhumane conditions.

Thoughts and prayers.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Centrist Emperor Kerzaris said:

But I kinda want Trump to die just for the shitz and gigglez.

Normalize disagreeing with people without wishing them death

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Normalize disagreeing with people without wishing them death

I disagree with half of the American electorate.  I don't wish them death.

But there's is a difference between "I disagree" and actual evil.

• Like 1

I'm going to start out by prefacing that I hope the President and First Lady recover well from the coronavirus. That is something 206 thousand or more Americans were unable to do. Maybe, just maybe, its time that the President realizes this is serious. 

• Upvote 1