270soft Forum

Amtrak Joe on Campaign

Interesting that he's going by train, which is slow and wastes a significant amount of time between campaigning destinations. Makes sense if you want to really focus on a limited geographical area.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Interesting that he's going by train, which is slow and wastes a significant amount of time between campaigning destinations. Makes sense if you want to really focus on a limited geographical area.

Probably pandering to working class folks in the rust belt. Many people up here (including my father, though luckily he got a better job) have been laid off from their jobs in the railroad within the past 5-10 years so it's still a recent memory (hence union voters in Ohio turned out for Trump more than non-union voters).

My dad in specific worked for CSX. Not sure where Biden is campaigning as I haven't been following but if he's in OH, MI, PA, WI then it's a safe bet that's the reason. If hes in New England or something then I have no idea why he would do this.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I dedicate this post to train lover @Conservative Elector 2 who should automatically like Joe Biden. He's campaigning via train and at train stops:

ca17419d-e921-4166-97b3-f31472e578bb-202

EjLI3X0XYAIjMQ4?format=jpg&name=small

BB19A4bl.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&

Seems to be something he's done before:

33778166-8786231-Joe_Biden_took_an_Amtra

Thanks my friend! 

I saw the reports yesterday and I just love the idea. He is the definitely the train president. As I said, there were times, when Obama was still president, during which I really like Joe as a person but some incidents made me question that. It would have been nice if Obama had resigned on January 19th, 2017 to give Biden a day as president back then.

Still the train doesn't make me support him automatically, because I mostly make decisions based on issues but it's definitely hard to not be affectionated by such a wonderful surrounding. 

9 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Probably pandering to working class folks in the rust belt. Many people up here (including my father, though luckily he got a better job) have been laid off from their jobs in the railroad within the past 5-10 years so it's still a recent memory (hence union voters in Ohio turned out for Trump more than non-union voters).

My dad in specific worked for CSX. Not sure where Biden is campaigning as I haven't been following but if he's in OH, MI, PA, WI then it's a safe bet that's the reason. If hes in New England or something then I have no idea why he would do this.

Is it pandering when Biden has been the train guy his entire public career?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I dedicate this post to train lover @Conservative Elector 2 who should automatically like Joe Biden. He's campaigning via train and at train stops:

ca17419d-e921-4166-97b3-f31472e578bb-202

EjLI3X0XYAIjMQ4?format=jpg&name=small

BB19A4bl.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&

Seems to be something he's done before:

33778166-8786231-Joe_Biden_took_an_Amtra

Elizabeth May, the Canadian Green Party leader, made a train campaign on Via Rail (the main Canadian passenger train service) in 2011.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

My mail in ballot just got in, and I’ve now voted. 

Had this been a normal election (no COVID, normal candidates, etc.) would you have still mail-voted? I'd prefer to vote after the debates, with as much info as possible etc.

3 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Had this been a normal election (no COVID, normal candidates, etc.) would you have still mail-voted? I'd prefer to vote after the debates, with as much info as possible etc.

I probably would have voted at the ballot. I live like two blocks from my voting place, and I prefer the civic experience. 

Regarding the debates, you don't think you know enough to make a decision?

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I probably would have voted at the ballot. I live like two blocks from my voting place, and I prefer the civic experience. 

Regarding the debates, you don't think you know enough to make a decision?

I'm probably voting for Jorgensen, as the thought of voting between two statists doesn't appeal to me.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

A lot of election debates are more grandstanding that revealing new platform material and policy plans, really.

5 hours ago, Centrist Emperor Kerzaris said:

Thank God. He's actually trying to win now. 

If only he stopped constantly alienating me and the left. He'd be a great candidate. 

I don't think he's alienating "the left." I'm one of "the left." I voted Sanders in 2016 and 2020 primaries. I was a Kucinich supporter before then. Elizabeth Warren is also one of my favorite politicians (my backup choice in 2020). I'm a firm supporter of single-payer universal health care and a Green New Deal. 

I'm voting for Biden because he's at least going to do some of the things we want. Trump will not and has not. In fact, Trump has and will continue to go the other direction. Biden will appoint judges that won't block attempts at creating better healthcare and a green new deal as well. 

In my opinion, he isn't alienating. He just isn't my preference, but I have no negative feelings towards him. Once he is president, I'll be much more critical. 

I hope you help vote out Trump.

Just now, vcczar said:

I hope you help vote out Trump.

Considering it would be voter fraud if he did, he should probably sit this one out.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Considering it would be voter fraud if he did, he should probably sit this one out.

He doesn't have to physically vote to help vote out Trump.