270soft Forum

1st Pres Debate Thread (9/29/2020)

Trump is yet to speak as if he’s speaking for the people or that he has any concern for them. That’s his biggest mistake vs Biden. He’s letting Biden monopolize that. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks to me like someone didn't bother spending any CP on increasing Issue Familiarity or Debating Skills

Voting third party is better than not voting, which I'd rather do than vote for Biden at this point. 

Shitshow. I said this debate would decide if I vote for Biden or Jorgensen and I'm definitely leaning Jorgensen. It's funny because at first I thought Trump was winning but he completely blew it after

Posted Images

Biden's bringing up a topic I hear from Democrats around here a lot: everyone in Iowa would personally hate Trump if they spoke to him not knowing who he is. He's a Manhattan billionaire who would never set foot inside the state if he had a choice. He looks down on farmers and the like, he wants their vote but don't actually care about issues that matter to them. 

Biden on criminal justice has been a bit better than the rest of the night. More coherent, clearer. Also could be less interruptions overall.

Thank you Biden for pointing out Antifa isn't an actual organization amongst the shouting. Not a real plus or minus, but a fact

He couldn’t bring himself to condemn white supremacy, that should be one of the major takeaways.

• Upvote 1
Just now, SilentLiberty said:

That was an awful moment. He could have done that and still called out Antifa

And Antifa is more of a theory than an organization or real movement. Not sure how one condemns anti-fascism. It just makes him look more fascist, especially when he won’t condemn white supremacists. 

• Like 1