270soft Forum

1st Pres Debate Thread (9/29/2020)

1 minute ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

In a normal world we would have something like Pete vs Marco Rubio (before Trump)

It'd be so much more normal.

Oh how one can dream.

Those were my favorite two candidates in 2016 and 2020. Doesnt matter the election result because America would win

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks to me like someone didn't bother spending any CP on increasing Issue Familiarity or Debating Skills

Voting third party is better than not voting, which I'd rather do than vote for Biden at this point. 

Shitshow. I said this debate would decide if I vote for Biden or Jorgensen and I'm definitely leaning Jorgensen. It's funny because at first I thought Trump was winning but he completely blew it after

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

He'll do them all. I am very confused when people say otherwise cause he has never said he wont... Its just people inserting their opinions into it.

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

I hope not. Theyre jokes. 

Agree on both points.

I have absolutely no desire to watch the rest of the debates.

But if I was Biden's advisor, I would silence anyone calling for him to skip the rest.  That's insane.  He is the candidate who will bring back Democracy.  

He wins by standing up there and being the calm, stable one next to melting Donald Trump.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Love how @Reagan04 just dipped. None of us can blame him.

I watched, just too shocked to keep referring back to my phone.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Reagan04 said:

I watched, just too shocked to keep referring back to my phone.

Shitshow. I said this debate would decide if I vote for Biden or Jorgensen and I'm definitely leaning Jorgensen. It's funny because at first I thought Trump was winning but he completely blew it after that. Biden won the debate, but they really both lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Shitshow. I said this debate would decide if I vote for Biden or Jorgensen and I'm definitely leaning Jorgensen. It's funny because at first I thought Trump was winning but he completely blew it after that. Biden won the debate, but they really both lost.

And so did we

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

But that's stupid.  Don't do the stupid thing.

• Like 1
"The Proud Boys is a far-right and neo-fascist organization that admits only men as members and promotes and engages in political violence."
Trump tonight: "Proud boys stand back and stand by."
3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

But that's stupid.  Don't do the stupid thing.

Voting third party is better than not voting, which I'd rather do than vote for Biden at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
26 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Yup I wasnt going to vote for anyone in the presidential race. I think I'm voting Jo just to send a message.

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, billay said:

Yup I wasnt going to vote for anyone in the presidential race. I think I'm voting Jo just to send a message.

To who?  The guy who is going to be re-elected?  You think he’s going to learn something from your message?

• Upvote 1

I will not allow my faith in either Joe Biden or our elections to be shaken by tonight’s debate.

That is what Donald Trump wants to achieve with his grotesque behavior.

And I will not give it to him.

I will not let Donald Trump win.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

To who?  The guy who is going to be re-elected?  You think he’s going to learn something from your message?

Trump isnt going to be re elected and to think my vote for a third party = a vote Biden is one of the dumbest lines the left in this country continues to float.

• Like 3

Trumps strategy was to get Biden to flinch and he didnt.  Biden wins the debate because of that and Trump comes across as the asshole he is.

It's ok to crowd Biden during the debate at select times but when he was talkin about his son Beau Trump should have shut up let Biden say what he was going to say. Trump then should have thanked him for his son services and pivoted to all service people and talk about what hes done to help them. Atleast install some doubt in peoples minds regarding those damaging reports which Trump called dead service people losers.

He did none of that instead he just further confirms those reports were true. Same with the racist stuff. Proud Boys sit back and stand by? Should have said if you're racist I dont want your vote then pivoted to ANTIFA and the violence at protests. Again trying to change the narrative.

He changed zero narratives tonight and hes down in every alot of seing states. Huge opportunity blown for him.

I mean hell the country haant heard much from Biden in months. Trump could have kept his mouth shut and let Biden talk more and even win another 1% of voters putting him closer. He definitely didnt do that. This was definitely an L for Trump. 

CBS/Yougov conducted a poll with results you might expect (48% Biden won, 41% Trump won, 10% tied).  But, under a different question, a slightly bigger percentage (38%) said the debate made them think better of Biden as opposed to worse (32%), while for Trump, 24% said it made them think better of Trump, compared to 42% that made him think worse of him.

Trump's strategy isn't going to grow his support - something he needs to do if he wants to win.   All he's doing is trying to sink the tone of the election.