270soft Forum

Will the left allow a peaceful continuation of power after the election?

Will the left allow a peaceful continuation of power after the election?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will the left allow a peaceful continuation of power after the election?

• No. Full on mass civil disobedience, ordered from the top down, riots, and so on. Perhaps even an attempted hard coup.
    • No. There will be some riots. Perhaps some attempts at a soft coup.
    • No, but just scattered protests that sometimes turn violent.
    • Yes, the left will acquiesce to the results, resign themselves to 4 more years of Trump, and move on to 2024.

Depends on the victory. If it's similar to 2016, the protests will be similar to 2016. If we see something where the Supreme Court decides something, or a tie, or an example where a critical state's margin of victory is less than the number of rejected ballots, a situation where the Democrats feel the election has been stolen from them, it will be worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Let's imagine (despite the current polls) that Trump wins the election. Will the left allow a peaceful continuation of power after the election?

My answer is dependent on several factors. I think if the victory is something like in 2016, I think it will be peaceful. I trust Biden supporters more than Trump supporters to stay peaceful, predominately because their nominee isn't going to encourage it or call the election a sham. 

I answered "no" because you didn't specify anything unusual. I think occasional violent protests occur if mail-in ballots are thrown out in large numbers in democratic areas of battleground states, which cause Trump to win or if there is other concerted efforts of voter suppression.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Wiw said:

Whoever wins, either way, a violent transition to power is assured.

False prophets disgust me. They are vile, disingenuous, and manipulative people. The Harold Camping got away with brazen fraud under "Freedom of Religion," is a miscarriage of justice and insult to both the penal code and people with genuine religious beliefs. The judges who ruled such, whomever they were, should be kicked off the bench, lose their bar membership, and be publicly pilloried. But my point is, STOP trying to be a false prophet, especially a fear-mongering. It's a disgusting path to follow.