1. 1. Voting for?

• @vcczar
    • @Patine
    • @admin_270
    • @Reagan04
    • @Actinguy
    • @Hestia11
    • N/A Write in (comment below)

There will be three rounds of voting it is looking like.

Therefore for the next round will include

@vcczar, @Reagan, @Patine, and newcomer "God-King Jeb Bush"

1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

"If drafted, I will not run.  If nominated, I will not accept.  If elected, I will not serve."  ;c)

Hey, that's the quote I always use. Besides, I feel, deep down inside, you're actually more power-grubbing than I am.

18 hours ago, Patine said:

Hey, that's the quote I always use. Besides, I feel, deep down inside, you're actually more power-grubbing than I am.

Too busy, too many skeletons.  At least, I used to think I had too many skeletons.  Then Donald Trump was elected.  Turns out the skeleton bar is WAY lower than I could have ever imagined.

19 hours ago, Patine said:

39 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Too busy, too many skeletons.  At least, I used to think I had too many skeletons.  Then Donald Trump was elected.  Turns out the skeleton bar is WAY lower than I could have ever imagined.

I don't think @Actinguy is more power-grubbing. He doesn't make many demands on other people and is too selfless to be in a power-grubbing argument. He might be among one of the least power-grubbing people on here. Aside from stance on refusing to never take an office if it is offered, you have a lot of traits that are often associated with power-grubbers. I think you are very authoritarian in your way of thinking (even if I agree with much of it). You're basically an authoritarian anti-authoritarian, possibly also an authoritarian contrarian. It's something unique. It's why I used the term Patinism sometimes. Whether your views are wise and good or not there's an authoritarian bent to it all. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don't think @Actinguy is more power-grubbing. He doesn't make many demands on other people and is too selfless to be in a power-grubbing argument. He might be among one of the least power-grubbing people on here. Aside from stance on refusing to never take an office if it is offered, you have a lot of traits that are often associated with power-grubbers. I think you are very authoritarian in your way of thinking (even if I agree with much of it). You're basically an authoritarian anti-authoritarian, possibly also an authoritarian contrarian. It's something unique. It's why I used the term Patinism sometimes. Whether your views are wise and good or not there's an authoritarian bent to it all. 

Haha, I appreciate it.  Patine sometimes conflates me to actually "be" a member of the Bush family, rather than just a supporter.  I have far too much on my plate already -- I'm looking to dodge additional responsibilities, not stack up more of them.  ;c)

3 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Although Trump is many, many things, to have skeletons in your closet, you have to, by definition, be trying to hide these dark secrets. Trump is very overt, blatant, shameless, and doesn't even try - or even to care, and neither does his core base. So thus, by definition, the skeletons in the closet description doesn't apply -because they're proudly on display like a macabre Day of the Dead array, rather than in his closet.

57 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Haha, I appreciate it.  Patine sometimes conflates me to actually "be" a member of the Bush family, rather than just a supporter.  I have far too much on my plate already -- I'm looking to dodge additional responsibilities, not stack up more of them.  ;c)

I have never once thought you actually BELONGED to a corrupt, ultra-wealthy, powerful, insidious, and secretive family with integral tied such sinister organizations as the Skull-and-Bones Fraternity and the CIA. Besides, no Bush would EVER live in their car, or below upper class living standards of some degree, at any point in their lives, or ever serve in the military at lower than commissioned officer starting rank right out of the Academy. Let's get real, here! :P

52 minutes ago, Patine said:

Although Trump is many, many things, to have skeletons in your closet, you have to, by definition, be trying to hide these dark secrets. Trump is very overt, blatant, shameless, and doesn't even try - or even to care, and neither does his core base. So thus, by definition, the skeletons in the closet description doesn't apply -because they're proudly on display like a macabre Day of the Dead array, rather than in his closet.

I have never once thought you actually BELONGED to a corrupt, ultra-wealthy, powerful, insidious, and secretive family with integral tied such sinister organizations as the Skull-and-Bones Fraternity and the CIA. Besides, no Bush would EVER live in their car, or below upper class living standards of some degree, at any point in their lives, or ever serve in the military at lower than commissioned officer starting rank right out of the Academy. Let's get real, here! :P

But Dubya would drive drunk

1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

But Dubya would drive drunk

I'm not saying @Actinguyguy would and holy shit that's how it came across. I was just jabbing at Bush. Sorry everyone. I am leaving it up because even though I immediately was like "oh no" I still had thought it was funny.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

I'm not saying @Actinguyguy would and holy shit that's how it came across. I was just jabbing at Bush. Sorry everyone. I am leaving it up because even though I immediately was like "oh no" I still had thought it was funny.

Ha, no offense taken.  I don't drink beer or most other forms of alcohol other than wine -- and the wine is only a couple times a year.  

• Upvote 1