270soft Forum

Poll On The Actions And Influence Of admin_270 On This Forum

Poll On The Actions And Influence Of admin_270 On This Forum  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe admin_270 Spends An Unjustified Amount Of Time Arguing With Forum Members And Inflaming Conversations Found On This Site?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do You Believe admin_270 Is Responsible For Belittling Forum Members, Feigning Superior Knowledge On Certain Subjects, And Outright Insulting Those He Disagrees With?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do You Believe That admin_270 Often Engages In Bad-Faith Arguments And Refuses To Properly Engage Arguments Contradicting His Own?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do You Believe That admin_270 Has Played A Role In Furthering The Toxic, Argument-Filled, And Oftentimes Unbearable Environment Of This Forum?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Do You Have Confidence In Him As The Admin Of This Forum?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2020 at 05:16 AM

1 minute ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

Truthfully, the last time I played PI was over a year ago.

I play more PMI instead but that's my preference. If we had Chancellor Infinity, my God- I would play that way too much.

Same. I love me some German politics.

• Like 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Admin needs to focus on his games more than anything. I could care less about what he says on here. I have bought his games because they have much potential to be explored. This genre of gaming has it

@admin_270, @The Blood both made professional, courteous, apologies where they didn't blame anyone for what they said or did. I'm glad this was the conclusion to this. Hopefully everyone involved has

I don't know how to articulate my points better than to say them outside of a vote. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs and to post them in a free and open manner, including in this forum

You can say what you want about admin.

But calling this forum "Toxic, argument filled, and unbearable" is a fallacy, and is unnecessary. Just because the same couple people argue on this forum all the time doesn't mean you should make it a blanket statement. @The Blood

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

But calling this forum "Toxic, argument filled, and unbearable" is a fallacy, and is unnecessary. Just because the same couple people argue on this forum all the time doesn't mean you should make it a blanket statement. @The Blood

^^^^^

We're all good people who get along 95% of the time.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, TheMiddlePolitical said:

Of course. I deeply enjoy this forum and many of the people on it. Despite this, I haven't been very active in the political discussion here for a reason, and it's because many of the posts here have been invaded with constant arguing. However, this problem does not characterize the entire forum, and many of the individuals on here are fun, intelligent, and great people.

I am sorry for making such a blanket statement, and I should have worded the question in a far better way. It goes without saying that this forum is not an toxic site, though I stand by my belief that there is a problem with kindness and the general discourse here.

I apologize.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Look guys, if people are going to be making posts attacking Trump, polls attacking Trump, and so on, they can't cry 'not fair' when someone pushes back. Especially when it's, say, 5-1 against, which is the typical ratio here. And especially when they consistently lose the factual arguments.

• Upvote 2

Fuck it.

I wanted this poll to be a reflection on the way we treat each other on this forum. I have seen so many vitriolic debates, arguments, and personal attacks that I wanted to have us and Admin look at the ways we collectively guide the conversation here. I can criticize Admin's actions on this site until my last breath, but this poll is appearing to have been the wrong way to do it. Instead of awakening a collective discussion around this forum, all this poll has done is create more division and confusion. I did not intend to attack the very character of this forum. There are many problems here, but in the end many of you are amazing people. I did not intend to attack Admin personally. I will criticize his actions here all day, but in the end I will never attack him as a person. I did not intend to increase the division found here. I would never look to divide this forum or to create more tension. I wanted this poll to do the opposite. I never intended to make the final question seem like an active attack on Admin's role. It was a very stupid and rushed question. I shouldn't have made it, and as much as I criticize Admin, I don't want to make it seem like I want to depose him. This is his forum, he is the admin. If he wants to step down as admin,  I will support him, but I have no real say in such a matter. 

This was a rushed poll made in the wake of months of constant tension and arguments on here, and in the wake of seeing someone I hold in high regard, @Hestia11, attacked and belittled by Admin.

I am sorry to @admin_270, and I am sorry to anyone who saw this poll as one of division or of insult to the forum or to Admin.

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75 @Mark_W

• Thanks 2

@admin_270, @The Blood both made professional, courteous, apologies where they didn't blame anyone for what they said or did. I'm glad this was the conclusion to this. Hopefully everyone involved has learned something for this, I know I have.

Everyone on this forum is a wonderful person who contributes to the unique culture we have here in their own way. I usually despise talking about politics with people, but with you guys I can do it all day. From @vcczar's leadership, insight, polls, and all-around contribution to @Patine's wittiness, excessive usage of adjectives, and his intelligence, @Reagan04's deep and broad knowledge of elections, government, policy, charisma and humor, and @Actinguy and @Conservative Elector 2's level-headedness, reasonableness, and informativeness, and so many more, this forum wouldn't be complete without y'all. This is why I come back here everyday. We're at our best when we're having insightful discussion, and not at each other's throats (though thankfully, we're good most of the time). I know i'm not the only one who thinks this.

But damnit I got work in 4 hours and I need to sleep so I'll see y'all tomorrow.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

Germany 1933

Actually, the great majority of contested elections in the world are MMP, PR, or STV - only a minority are actually FPTP, and only ones in Australia and it's component States and Territories are Second Preference. The demand and potential is just immense - and is withering on the vine.

1 hour ago, SilentLiberty said:

Most members on this forum have went after others. I've been belittled and asked if I was drunk before. The things people will say will hurt. I think this poll is bad faith in and of it self though.

You have my permission to go after me when drunk. Traditionally on the internet those are the best post!

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

Actually, the great majority of contested elections in the world are MMP, PR, or STV - only a minority are actually FPTP, and only ones in Australia and it's component States and Territories are Second Preference. The demand and potential is just immense - and is withering on the vine.

Yeah, I understand. I was simply referring to the possibility if more electoral systems were added or Chancellor Infinity was released.

1 minute ago, Cenzonico said:

Yeah, I understand. I was simply referring to the possibility if more electoral systems were added or Chancellor Infinity was released.

I was actually just greatly broadening the possibilities from your one suggestion. So all is well. We're on the same page. ;)

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Look guys, if people are going to be making posts attacking Trump, polls attacking Trump, and so on, they can't cry 'not fair' when someone pushes back. Especially when it's, say, 5-1 against, which is the typical ratio here. And especially when they consistently lose the factual arguments.

I was with you until “factual arguments.”

• Like 2
8 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Fair points on most of this. Two corrections though.

I think it's more like 10-1 against.

I'd have to see a factual argument for your claim to factual argumentative superiority. I don't really see you being any more gifted at wielding facts than the best of us on here.

One thing I do notice that you are good at is taking a question, restating it or avoiding the question to ask a question that you can then defend better than the original question and dodgy tactics like that. Ted Cruz does that a lot in debates. He can't make his case on their ground so he resets himself on defensible ground of his own choosing. This could arguably be the doesn't "properly engage in arguments contradicting your own" comment from the poll.  Your claim to be the victor on factual arguments ("singlehandedly defeating 5 anti-Trumpers in my own forum in one blow!") might align with Blood's comment "feigning superior knowledge on certain subjects."

For the most part, while you are argumentative, and the debate is enjoyable, you aren't necessarily convincing, especially to the more fact-based people on this forum, in many of your attempts. At times you are but not enough to claim to be a consistent victor.  I have not seen anyone on this forum (myself included) consistently win arguments, factual or otherwise, on this forum enough to claim superiority in this area.

To claim that you hold some sort of superiority over your "fan base"/ "consumers" is rather insulting to the entire forum.  It might be that this comment of yours is just an angry pushback on the poll @The Blood made. 

• Like 1

I guess it differs from my own way of dealing with similar conversations in person. Often, its five conservatives against me. I would rather spend my time pulling them to a common ground than to simply continue to argue just to argue. It makes it easier to deal with.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Fair points on most of this. Two corrections though.

I think it's more like 10-1 against.

I'd have to see a factual argument for your claim to factual argumentative superiority. I don't really see you being any more gifted at wielding facts than the best of us on here.

One thing I do notice that you are good at is taking a question, restating it or avoiding the question to ask a question that you can then defend better than the original question and dodgy tactics like that. Ted Cruz does that a lot in debates. He can't make his case on their ground so he resets himself on defensible ground of his own choosing. This could arguably be the doesn't "properly engage in arguments contradicting your own" comment from the poll.  Your claim to be the victor on factual arguments ("singlehandedly defeating 5 anti-Trumpers in my own forum in one blow!") might align with Blood's comment "feigning superior knowledge on certain subjects."

For the most part, while you are argumentative, and the debate is enjoyable, you aren't necessarily convincing, especially to the more fact-based people on this forum, in many of your attempts. At times you are but not enough to claim to be a consistent victor.  I have not seen anyone on this forum (myself included) consistently win arguments, factual or otherwise, on this forum enough to claim superiority in this area.

To claim that you hold some sort of superiority over your "fan base"/ "consumers" is rather insulting to the entire forum.  It might be that this comment of yours is just an angry pushback on the poll @The Blood made. 

No, not intending that to be derogatory. Do you think you consistently are more factually correct than not when discussing Trump?