270soft Forum

Poll On The Actions And Influence Of admin_270 On This Forum

Poll On The Actions And Influence Of admin_270 On This Forum  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe admin_270 Spends An Unjustified Amount Of Time Arguing With Forum Members And Inflaming Conversations Found On This Site?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do You Believe admin_270 Is Responsible For Belittling Forum Members, Feigning Superior Knowledge On Certain Subjects, And Outright Insulting Those He Disagrees With?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do You Believe That admin_270 Often Engages In Bad-Faith Arguments And Refuses To Properly Engage Arguments Contradicting His Own?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do You Believe That admin_270 Has Played A Role In Furthering The Toxic, Argument-Filled, And Oftentimes Unbearable Environment Of This Forum?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Do You Have Confidence In Him As The Admin Of This Forum?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2020 at 05:16 AM

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Admin needs to focus on his games more than anything. I could care less about what he says on here. I have bought his games because they have much potential to be explored. This genre of gaming has it

@admin_270, @The Blood both made professional, courteous, apologies where they didn't blame anyone for what they said or did. I'm glad this was the conclusion to this. Hopefully everyone involved has

I don't know how to articulate my points better than to say them outside of a vote. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs and to post them in a free and open manner, including in this forum

While I do believe some of these things are true, I do believe @admin_270 has been changing slightly for the better in recent weeks after receiving some of our feedback.  (I have not read through today's NYT thread, which I assume inspired this post, so I don't know what might be lurking in there).

• Upvote 1

Not answering this poll. While everyone will admit that the last thread got out of hand, and admin shouldn't have resorted to name-calling, that in itself was an anomaly and this post here is just as biased (almost all of us are guilty of these) and will just incite further name-calling and negativity. The toxicity of this forum (which isn't really that toxic to begin with, as we all get along 95% of the time) will only be rectified by all of us making an effort, the fault doesn't rely on one individual person. Could he be more of a leader in that? Sure, but we all could.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, The Blood said:

He should stick to making and developing his games. I think I clearly see why a lot of badly needed features (like non-FPTP electoral systems for PMI and CI, among others) are always on the backburner with ETA, and we focuses on suggestions of minor details and tweaks more enthusiastically. It's obvious where his time is going.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

He should stick to making and developing his games. I think I clearly see why a lot of badly needed features (like non-FPTP electoral systems for PMI and CI, among others) are always on the backburner with ETA, and we focuses on suggestions of minor details and tweaks more enthusiastically. It's obvious where his time is going.

Agreed. The games would be greatly expanded if less debate happened on the forum frankly. 

:( but it seems we'll never get MMP or PR anytime soon.

I wish there was a middle option. 

I still have confidence in him in his role on the forum, considering he doesn’t actively ban people and doesn’t routinely trumpet his Trump trumpet. For that same reason, I don’t think he spends and unjustified time inflaming the forum. I think he belittles people and gets in bad faith arguments, etc. However, I think he hasn’t violated anything that should cause censure or anything. I just wish he’d see where most of his 270 Soft fans on this forum are coming from. He’s so caught in his own opinions that he doesn’t seem to understand or want to understand the other side. It’s more sad that anything that he supports Trump or defends him. I like to think he’d think differently if he lived in the US. Instances like today make me realize that we are all here for each other, rather than for him or his game. I’ve never known a game creator that does occasionally belittle their own “fans”/“customers”. However, it only occasionally bothers me. He’s definitely more overtly political on the forum since Trump. But I think Trump has done that to most people. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Not answering this poll. While everyone will admit that the last thread got out of hand, and admin shouldn't have resorted to name-calling, that in itself was an anomaly and this post here is just as biased (almost all of us are guilty of these) and will just incite further name-calling and negativity. The toxicity of this forum (which isn't really that toxic to begin with, as we all get along 95% of the time) will only be rectified by all of us making an effort, the fault doesn't rely on one individual person. Could he be more of a leader in that? Sure, but we all could.

Smartest thing you’ve ever said on this forum. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Patine said:

Yeah or hire an employee to help him. 

Just now, ThePotatoWalrus said:

However, I think we'd all like to see admin make some sort of public statement on this.

2nd smartest thing you’ve said. You’re on a roll!

• Haha 1

I don't know how to articulate my points better than to say them outside of a vote.

Everyone has the right to their own beliefs and to post them in a free and open manner, including in this forum. That includes the admin, regardless of political view. People can jibe each other, whatever. I admit that I do it as well. But I never will make a personal attack on someone else's intellect, and I thought everyone on this forum was better than that. I learned that I was wrong. I have been on this forum since 2018, and I have never been treated worse than the way I was treated today. It hurts me more to know that some members of the forum even liked content that openly disparaged me. I thought that we were better than that. 

I was told the four first quotes, and vcczar was told the last. 

Trump *gives away his entire federal salary*. How old are you again?

I'm not trying to spin, I'm giving you my understanding of these things because you seem ignorant. Have you run a business?

You're upset because you're being called out - you just have no idea what you're talking about. How old are you?

You're so clueless about this it's painful talking with you. Trump didn't pay 0 in taxes because of charitable donations!

Who knows? If you have a $1M mortgage, and own $2M in real estate, how much are your taxes? The question suggests financial illiteracy - there's no way to know based on that information.

I was questioned about my age, suggestive I was naive and stupid, called ignorant, said I have no idea what I'm talking about, was repeatedly asked my age, called clueless and said it was painful to talk to me. We can have opinions, and we can defend them, but it doesn't have to resort to name calling and belittlement of other forum members. 

There are problems on this forum with how to treat one another, and that starts from the top. I have personally made complaints before, to see them ignored. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Admin needs to focus on his games more than anything. I could care less about what he says on here. I have bought his games because they have much potential to be explored. This genre of gaming has its niche, so It shouldn't be hard to please it.

• Upvote 8
16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Instances like today make me realize that we are all here for each other, rather than for him or his game. 

Absolutely, I haven't played the game since 2017-2018 and don't really have any reason or desire to at all anymore. I'm here for the great folks, discussion, and RPs that we do as a community. 

I love this community, the game and its admin are just an unfortunate side piece of our community. As far as I'm concerned, 270soft forum is for a great community, not a subpar game.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Absolutely, I haven't played the game since 2017-2018 and don't really have any reason or desire to at all anymore. I'm here for the great folks, discussion, and RPs that we do as a community. 

I love this community, the game and its admin are just an unfortunate side piece of our community. As far as I'm concerned, 270soft forum is for a great community, not a subpar game.

We have the greatest forum family, don't we folks?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I wish there was a way to mostly like. I think the game is better than subpar. I think it seems subpar because the potential is way out there. 

I’ll hit like anyway. 

I haven’t played the game since the primaries. By play, simulating. I simulate the game (space barring) more than I play it. I like creating scenarios more than playing however. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, vcczar said:

I wish there was a way to mostly like. I think the game is better than subpar. I think it seems subpar because the potential is way out there. 

I’ll hit like anyway. 

I haven’t played the game since the primaries. By play, simulating. I simulate the game (space barring) more than I play it. I like creating scenarios more than playing however. 

Don't want to get off topic but 10 minutes ago I read this really interesting post you made: 

1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

It’s the only forum I consistently go to. I’m on here more than social media. It’s the first or 2nd website I check every morning. 

• Upvote 2

About the games, I genuinely enjoy PMI. Its a one of a kind thing. PI and CI I dont much care for, but that's more of a preference thing. 

Just now, vcczar said:

It’s the only forum I consistently go to. I’m on here more than social media. It’s the first or 2nd website I check every morning. 

Exactly. When I wake up I read email, check how my websites are doing, and then see what you guys are up to (I don't check social media until later in the day, unless I have messages). It's part of my ritual.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Don't want to get off topic but 10 minutes ago I read this really interesting post you made: 

I remember that. I was thinking about it about a week ago. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

5 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I’ll hit like anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

About the games, I genuinely enjoy PMI. Its a one of a kind thing. PI and CI I dont much care for, but that's more of a preference thing. 

I'm not just here for the forums (although that's part of it), and I haven't PLAYED the game for quite a while, but like @vcczar, I FAR prefer making, and occasionally playing, custom scenarios. I never play "official," scenarios, really, anymore.

• Upvote 1

I enjoy making scenarios frankly. Hence why I got the games originally. I love playing the scenarios afterwards too. 

I've also learned a lot in scenario making since my first scenario. Y'all should see the wackiness of a scenario I'm making these days 😛

But enough scenario talk from me, Expanding to include more electoral options is a dream! I'm tired of FPTP and preferences 😛

We need electoral reform! PR and MMP!

Heck it'll just make me want to make even more scenarios for all of you guys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
1 minute ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

I enjoy making scenarios frankly. Hence why I got the games originally. I love playing the scenarios afterwards too. 

I've also learned a lot in scenario making since my first scenario. Y'all should see the wackiness of a scenario I'm making these days 😛

But enough scenario talk from me, Expanding to include more electoral options is a dream! I'm tired of FPTP and preferences 😛

We need electoral reform! PR and MMP!

Heck it'll just make me want to make even more scenarios for all of you guys!

Please. This is what we need :) PR and MMP!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2