270soft Forum

NYT: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years

vcczar

Trump Tax Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If true, which of the following from the NYT should result in Trump somehow being punished (resigning, going on trial, being audited, and/or etc.)

• Trump not paying income tax 10 times in the last 15 years.
    • Trump paying only $750 in income tax in 2016 and 2017.
    • Trump has hundreds of millions in debt
    • Even if true, he should not face consequences
  2. 2. If you believe Trump should face some sort of consequences for the above, what do you think should happen?

• Nothing more than an official release of his taxes ASAP
    • He should be forced to resign ASAP
    • He should face an audit ASAP.
    • He should go on trial for tax fraud ASAP
    • He should face some sort of consequence but none of the above.
    • He should not face any consequences even if it is true.
  3. 3. Will this tax news have any real impact on the polls?

4. 4. Do you think the NYT report is accurate?

• I'm leaning mostly or entirely yes.
    • I'm leaning mostly or entirely no.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

You missed my point again. You're really doing poorly at thinking in broad terms and large-scale trends. You only seem to think in strictly contextually-based specifics, and react with self-righteous indignity when the former way of putting things is applied in a subject you don't, personally, like it to be. That is very annoying to deal with.

Ha!  I appreciate your concern, but I assure you that nothing you say here has ever risen me to the level of “indignant.”  I simply do not take you that seriously.

Most of us have to live in the real world, which is the only option we have.  There are not other worlds that we have access to.

And in the real world, assuming no health crises, it is Donald Trump or it is Joe Biden.  In this real world, someone saying they feel a duty to stop Donald Trump with the only legal tool that they have, their vote, is simply speaking the truth.

Third parties in America are a joke, as you surely are aware because you lament it at every opportunity.  This is, in part, because they have not nominated a single serious candidate in my lifetime.  When the talent pool outside the two party system is non-existent, I find it difficult to bemoan the lack of opportunity given to people who should not be the President in the first place.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Ha!  I appreciate your concern, but I assure you that nothing you say here has ever risen me to the level of “indignant.”  I simply do not take you that seriously.

Most of us have to live in the real world, which is the only option we have.  There are not other worlds that we have access to.

And in the real world, assuming no health crises, it is Donald Trump or it is Joe Biden.  In this real world, someone saying they feel a duty to stop Donald Trump with the only legal tool that they have, their vote, is simply speaking the truth.

Third parties in America are a joke, as you surely are aware because you lament it at every opportunity.  This is, in part, because they have not nominated a single serious candidate in my lifetime.  When the talent pool outside the two party system is non-existent, I find it difficult to bemoan the lack of opportunity given to people who should not be the President in the first place.

Look here, jackass! Your arrogant and condescending attitude really does not suit you at all. It's a better fit for Trump - though he's a lot more boisterous. You obviously didn't understand - and still obviously don't - the point I was making. Your initial boneheaded response was not only unwelcome, it showed you're not just paying attention or comprehending a lot of what's said anymore, but still expect to be given credence and respect as though you did. @servo75 had that bad habit all the time. And now you're doubling down on looking the fool and showing you still have no grasp of what I was saying and what you were responding to in a completely braindead way - but insisting you knew what you what were talking about. So, basically, just butt out. You come across as a egotistical idiot when you do this.

• Haha 1

Just now, Patine said:

Look here, jackass! Your arrogant and condescending attitude really does not suit you at all. It's a better fit for Trump - though he's a lot more boisterous. You obviously didn't understand - and still obviously don't - the point I was making. Your initial boneheaded response was not only unwelcome, it showed you're not just paying attention or comprehending a lot of what's said anymore, but still expect to be given credence and respect as though you did. @servo75 had that bad habit all the time. And now you're doubling down on looking the fool and showing you still have no grasp of what I was saying and what you were responding to in a completely braindead way - but insisting you knew what you what were talking about. So, basically, just butt out. You come across as a egotistical idiot when you do this.

You accuse me of indignation, then give me “look here, jackass!  Your arrogant and condescending attitude...”

I think maybe I’m not the one being indignant.