270soft Forum

NYT: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years

Trump Tax Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If true, which of the following from the NYT should result in Trump somehow being punished (resigning, going on trial, being audited, and/or etc.)

• Trump not paying income tax 10 times in the last 15 years.
    • Trump paying only $750 in income tax in 2016 and 2017.
    • Trump has hundreds of millions in debt
    • Even if true, he should not face consequences
  2. 2. If you believe Trump should face some sort of consequences for the above, what do you think should happen?

• Nothing more than an official release of his taxes ASAP
    • He should be forced to resign ASAP
    • He should face an audit ASAP.
    • He should go on trial for tax fraud ASAP
    • He should face some sort of consequence but none of the above.
    • He should not face any consequences even if it is true.
  3. 3. Will this tax news have any real impact on the polls?

4. 4. Do you think the NYT report is accurate?

• I'm leaning mostly or entirely yes.
    • I'm leaning mostly or entirely no.

Just now, vcczar said:

To an average income person, or a low income person, that has to pay taxes every year--- it seems unusual---even bizarre--to not pay taxes 10 of 15 years. I've never heard that reported for anyone else.

Of course it does - this is exactly Bernie's point that he's been going on about for 8 (80?) years. The billionaire class has a different tax reality than the middle class.

• Like 1
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, there is a reason why I don't post too often on the forum(Aside from the RPs which are run here). That reason is because this forum has become dominated by people like you @admin_270. It has

He's dead, and he's not on this forum. So I'm telling it to you.

I doubt that you can whittle that number all the way down to 0. Key word is minimize, not eliminate. I'm sure everyone's well aware that there are ways to avoid paying taxes. Even if somehow, some way

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Saying you tell people your view and perception of the truth does not automatically make it THE TRUTH. To think it does makes such an attitude the height of egotistical arrogance.

Tell it to Truman.

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Of course it does - this is exactly Bernie's point that he's been going on about for 8 (80?) years. The billionaire class has a different tax reality than the middle class.

But, the thing is, this fact is not acceptable. It is a travesty, an institution of high corruption, and betrayal of at least 95% of the population. It is not just something that should be matter-of-factly taken for granted. It needs to be taken serious, and fixed through fundamental tax law reforms, closing all loopholes, and penalizing outsourcing, offshore accounts, and other crooked methods of betting around it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

I think what you want is for everyone to agree that Trump is bad.

After all I said, that is your response? I don't care if people agree on whether Trump is bad or not. What I care about is having an admin who doesn't go into 2 hour long arguments just to attempt to prove that he is right. I care about having an admin who doesn't engage in constant bad-faith arguing. I care about having an admin who doesn't insult forum members. And I care about blocking you and telling you to fuck off.

Fuck. Off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Patine said:

But, the thing is, this fact is not acceptable. It is a travesty, an institution of high corruption, and betrayal of at least 95% of the population. It is not just something that should be matter-of-factly taken for granted. It needs to be taken serious, and fixed through fundamental tax law reforms, closing all loopholes, and penalizing outsourcing, offshore accounts, and other crooked methods of betting around it.

This. It's a matter of integrity, especially for a public official (while in office).

• Like 1
Just now, The Blood said:

After all I said, that is your response? I don't care if people agree on whether Trump is bad or not. What I care about is having an admin who doesn't go into 2 hour long arguments just to attempt to prove that he is right. I care about having an admin who doesn't engage in constant bad-faith arguing. I care about having an admin who doesn't insult forum members. And I care about blocking you and telling you to fuck off.

Fuck. Off.

You can't block the Admin. The forum won't let you. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, The Blood said:

Fuck. Off.

You think it's bad-faith when I vigorously debate people? It's the opposite. I'm really engaging with them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Community: Trump is bad at his job.

Admin: Morals and decency, on my good Trumpian forum server? Not a chance!

• Like 3
Just now, Reagan04 said:

As a libertarian, perhaps you would appreciate my commitment to not banning people and open debate? 😉

• Like 1
1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

As a libertarian, perhaps you would appreciate my commitment to not banning people and open debate? 😉

You really crawled down to hell to step over that bar didn’t you. Many much impressive. Big thanks my guy.

4 minutes ago, The Blood said:

Yes you can.

Screenshot (442).png

Thank you 👏

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

He's only like one of 4 Trump supporters on his forum. That's 10% of the forum or less. 

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Yes, just like your open debate and not banning people because of vigouously engaging and seeking vital, real, and meaningful answers to seemingly empty and vapid statements back in February of last year. 😒

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

I feel like @admin_270 doesn't really mindlessly support Trump so much as he plays the Devil's Advocate on a highly left-leaning forum.  And I appreciate that he allows us to have these discussions on what is literally HIS forum (Though they usually don't get this heated). If he was really an extremist he would have outlawed all opposing views. Though his name-calling regarding financial literacy was somewhat uncalled for, and as someone who was helped two dozen people from my high school set up their own individual brokerage accounts, Roth IRAs and investing shit in general I felt like that would have been a good opportunity for admin, a business owner who is obviously financially literate and someone who I assume is an investor to respond using his facts and knowledge instead of assuming the responder was financially illiterate and name-calling.

I'm not a Trump supporter, I just hate taxes as an investor, ecommerce supplier, and soon-to-be residential real estate investor. Either voting Biden or Jorgensen, depending on how the debates play out.

However i'm politically apathetic and don't really care much anyways. This thread was entertaining though, but disheartening. Still love my forum family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The questions miss the real headlines

More than $100 million in fraudulent charitable giving 

Millions of tax write offs to a “consultant” who is now revealed to actually be  Ivanka Trump — who was also a paid employee, which makes the consultant fees not just a fraudulent tax deduction but also an attempt to circumvent the wealthy inheritance tax.

And then there’s the $100 million mortgage that Trump has to pay by 2022...he’s paid zero on the principle so far.

Or the $100 million+ he’s going to end up being fined over his $75 million fraudulent tax refund claim.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I do think this will impact the polls, but not in any immediately visible way. I think the current poll #s will stay about where they are. I just think this will make it near impossible for Trump to decrease Biden's lead, that's all. 

I was 60% sure Biden would win a month ago. This moved up to 90% this month. If this is true or seems likely true to most voters, then I think Biden has a 99% chance of winning.

If somebody was still a Trump supporter yesterday, their concept of “true” is so far gone that it can never be repaired.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I feel like @admin_270 doesn't really mindlessly support Trump so much as he plays the Devil's Advocate on a highly left-leaning forum. 

You mean like (dis)HonestAbe claimed to play the "Devil's Advocate," while obviously, blatantly, sycophanitcally, and clumsily always defending Trump when he was on these forums.