Jump to content
270soft Forum

NYT: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years


vcczar
 Share

Trump Tax Poll  

27 members have voted

  1. 1. If true, which of the following from the NYT should result in Trump somehow being punished (resigning, going on trial, being audited, and/or etc.)

    • Trump not paying income tax 10 times in the last 15 years.
    • Trump paying only $750 in income tax in 2016 and 2017.
    • Trump has hundreds of millions in debt
    • Even if true, he should not face consequences
  2. 2. If you believe Trump should face some sort of consequences for the above, what do you think should happen?

    • Nothing more than an official release of his taxes ASAP
    • He should be forced to resign ASAP
    • He should face an audit ASAP.
    • He should go on trial for tax fraud ASAP
    • He should face some sort of consequence but none of the above.
    • He should not face any consequences even if it is true.
  3. 3. Will this tax news have any real impact on the polls?

  4. 4. Do you think the NYT report is accurate?

    • I'm leaning mostly or entirely yes.
    • I'm leaning mostly or entirely no.


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I'm giving you my understanding of these things because you seem ignorant.

27 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

How old are you again?

23 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

You're upset because you're being called out - you just have no idea what you're talking about. How old are you?

19 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

You're so clueless about this it's painful talking with you.

11 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The question suggests financial illiteracy

Just FYI, talking to everyone like they're an idiot doesn't make you seem intelligent. It just makes it obvious you're a dick.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Who knows? If you have a $1M mortgage, and own $2M in real estate, how much are your taxes? The question suggests financial illiteracy - there's no way to know based on that information.

My guess my question to you is this: Do you think it is more probable than not that Trump was legally able to reduce his personal taxes to zero in 10 of 15 years?

The bigger question then would be (but please answer the first), how many billionaires are not paying taxes? Is this percentage significantly higher than middle income earners that are not paying taxes? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

I just tell people the truth, and they think I'm giving them hell.

You aren't, you're giving an opinion like everybody else.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know, there is a reason why I don't post too often on the forum(Aside from the RPs which are run here). That reason is because this forum has become dominated by people like you @admin_270. It has become dominated by wackos who will spend hours arguing to defend Trump, hours going over the same arguments over and over again, and hours turning this forum into a sad warzone where they can gloat over their claimed intellect. And you what's the saddest thing about this? We have someone running this forum who is just another one of these wackos. He inflames the conversation, constantly attacks forum members, and uses the most bad-faith arguments I have ever seen. He is a part of the disease infecting this forum, and I hope that he will stop his bad-faith and narcissistic rants to look around and see what he is contributing to on this site.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I don't understand this. Are you suggest Trump hasn't been paying the taxes he legally owes? That's a different claim than the NYT article is making.

I'm inclined to believe he's not paying his taxes. It seems like a Trump thing to do, and he hires the kinds of lawyers that would do it. I could be wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

I just tell people the truth, and they think I'm giving them hell.

Saying you tell people your view and perception of the truth does not automatically make it THE TRUTH. To think it does makes such an attitude the height of egotistical arrogance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Do you think it is more probable than not that Trump was legally able to reduce his personal taxes to zero in 10 of 15 years?

The bigger question then would be (but please answer the first), how many billionaires are not paying taxes? Is this percentage significantly higher than middle income earners that are not paying taxes? 

1. Maybe. Really depends on his tax situation. That's what audits are for, Trump claims he's been under audit for a long time, and the NYT article corroborates that claim. So perhaps the audit will find some improper accounting. But on its face, yes, that sounds possible to me.

2. No idea. Again, billionaire is about assets, income taxes are about income streams. These are different things.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Blood said:

We have someone running this forum who is just another one of these wackos. He inflames the conversation, constantly attacks forum members, and uses the most bad-faith arguments I have ever seen. He is a part of the disease infecting this forum, and I hope that he will stop his bad-faith and narcissistic rants to look around and see what he is contributing to on this site.

I think what you want is for everyone to agree that Trump is bad.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

I just tell people the truth, and they think I'm giving them hell.

 You seem to have a hair-trigger for defending Trump at all costs, so it seems unclear to us whether your response is a knee-jerk defense or if it has some sort of substance to it. 

We also probably know so little of taxes compared to a tax lawyer that deals with billionaires that we can't determine whether you are credible or not in your defense. 

To an average income person, or a low income person, that has to pay taxes every year--- it seems unusual---even bizarre--to not pay taxes 10 of 15 years. I've never heard that reported for anyone else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vcczar said:

To an average income person, or a low income person, that has to pay taxes every year--- it seems unusual---even bizarre--to not pay taxes 10 of 15 years. I've never heard that reported for anyone else.

Of course it does - this is exactly Bernie's point that he's been going on about for 8 (80?) years. The billionaire class has a different tax reality than the middle class.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Of course it does - this is exactly Bernie's point that he's been going on about for 8 (80?) years. The billionaire class has a different tax reality than the middle class.

But, the thing is, this fact is not acceptable. It is a travesty, an institution of high corruption, and betrayal of at least 95% of the population. It is not just something that should be matter-of-factly taken for granted. It needs to be taken serious, and fixed through fundamental tax law reforms, closing all loopholes, and penalizing outsourcing, offshore accounts, and other crooked methods of betting around it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

I think what you want is for everyone to agree that Trump is bad.

After all I said, that is your response? I don't care if people agree on whether Trump is bad or not. What I care about is having an admin who doesn't go into 2 hour long arguments just to attempt to prove that he is right. I care about having an admin who doesn't engage in constant bad-faith arguing. I care about having an admin who doesn't insult forum members. And I care about blocking you and telling you to fuck off.

 

Fuck. Off.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Blood said:

After all I said, that is your response? I don't care if people agree on whether Trump is bad or not. What I care about is having an admin who doesn't go into 2 hour long arguments just to attempt to prove that he is right. I care about having an admin who doesn't engage in constant bad-faith arguing. I care about having an admin who doesn't insult forum members. And I care about blocking you and telling you to fuck off.

 

Fuck. Off.

You can't block the Admin. The forum won't let you. :(

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Blood said:

After all I said, that is your response? I don't care if people agree on whether Trump is bad or not. What I care about is having an admin who doesn't go into 2 hour long arguments just to attempt to prove that he is right. I care about having an admin who doesn't engage in constant bad-faith arguing. I care about having an admin who doesn't insult forum members. And I care about blocking you and telling you to fuck off.

 

Fuck. Off.

You think it's bad-faith when I vigorously debate people? It's the opposite. I'm really engaging with them.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

As a libertarian, perhaps you would appreciate my commitment to not banning people and open debate? 😉

You really crawled down to hell to step over that bar didn’t you. Many much impressive. Big thanks my guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...