270soft Forum

NYT: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years

Trump Tax Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If true, which of the following from the NYT should result in Trump somehow being punished (resigning, going on trial, being audited, and/or etc.)

• Trump not paying income tax 10 times in the last 15 years.
    • Trump paying only $750 in income tax in 2016 and 2017.
    • Trump has hundreds of millions in debt
    • Even if true, he should not face consequences
  2. 2. If you believe Trump should face some sort of consequences for the above, what do you think should happen?

• Nothing more than an official release of his taxes ASAP
    • He should be forced to resign ASAP
    • He should face an audit ASAP.
    • He should go on trial for tax fraud ASAP
    • He should face some sort of consequence but none of the above.
    • He should not face any consequences even if it is true.
  3. 3. Will this tax news have any real impact on the polls?

4. 4. Do you think the NYT report is accurate?

• I'm leaning mostly or entirely yes.
    • I'm leaning mostly or entirely no.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, there is a reason why I don't post too often on the forum(Aside from the RPs which are run here). That reason is because this forum has become dominated by people like you @admin_270. It has

He's dead, and he's not on this forum. So I'm telling it to you.

I doubt that you can whittle that number all the way down to 0. Key word is minimize, not eliminate. I'm sure everyone's well aware that there are ways to avoid paying taxes. Even if somehow, some way

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Have you every owned a business? Owned large amounts of real estate?

Are you saying that Donald Trump should legally be considered AS ONE with his business interest? That's Feudal and Monarchal thinking, big time.

4 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Have you?

Yes, of course! Have you ever owned large amounts of real estate, and understand possible tax deductions that are possible because of that?

4 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

President Obama and President Bush both paid $100,000 or more in taxes while being President - and had the same base income ($400k) as Trump.

Trump *gives away his entire federal salary*. How old are you again?

Just now, admin_270 said:

Many people want to support goods, but don't think paying more taxes is the best way to do so.

Instead of siphoning money off to a distant federal capital, I'd rather spend that money in my community. Support local businesses, charities, and my family.

'Supporting local businesses' (lol), supporting my family. You mean you want to pay nothing towards the society we live in, spend pretty much all of it on yourself, and give a fraction of what you should be spending to charity so you can tell yourself that you're not the selfish person you clearly are?

Don't sugarcoat it.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Zenobiyl said:

Is this illegal? It just seems like he got no taxes because he lost millions of dollars.

He still has a few billion dollars left. Thus his losses are irrelevant, at least to the ridiculous, insulting-to-the-intelligence being discussed.

1 minute ago, Mark_W said:

'Supporting local businesses' (lol), supporting my family. You mean you want to pay nothing towards the society we live in, spend pretty much all of it on yourself, and give a fraction of what you should be spending to charity so you can tell yourself that you're not the selfish person you clearly are?

Don't sugarcoat it.

How much do you give to charity in a typical year?

• Like 1

Yes, of course! Have you ever owed large amounts of real estate, and understand possible tax deductions that are possible because of that?

Trump *gives away his entire federal salary*. How old are you again?

Have you owned massive amounts of real estate? Because you're not really *explaining* how it would be different, just saying that I don't know.

He gave it away, but it is still his income, regardless. He chose to give it away, doesn't make it not his income.

I'm just going to ignore the petty insults like the piece of shit pile it is.

• Like 1

Can you answer this question, please?

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

Are you saying that Donald Trump should legally be considered AS ONE with his business interest? That's Feudal and Monarchal thinking, big time.

Just now, Hestia11 said:

Have you owned massive amounts of real estate? Because you're not really *explaining* how it would be different, just saying that I don't know.

He gave it away, but it is still his income, regardless. He chose to give it away, doesn't make it not his income.

I'm just going to ignore the petty insults like the piece of shit pile it is.

No, but I know people well who *do*. I know what their tax situations are like.

You're upset because you're being called out - you just have no idea what you're talking about. How old are you?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

I have no idea, I don't keep a running total. I pay all my taxes though.

You're upset because you're being called out - you just have no idea what you're talking about. How old are you?

Being older than someone is not an argument.

Oh you know people? Good. 

Sure, maybe you're getting upset because your Dear Leader was just caught scamming his taxes. As said below, if his gross income is as low as it is said to be (that he's going in debt), I doubt that he can actually get away with this as a charitable deduction on his taxes.

There is a limit to the amount of all charitable contributions allowed during a tax year. Your total charitable deductions are generally limited to no more than 50% of your adjusted gross income (AGI). However, only donations to certain organizations qualify for the highest limit. Donations to certain qualified conservation organizations may be eligible for a higher limit. 8

Just now, Zenobiyl said:

Legality aside, this leak certainly hurts trump’s claim of being a smart businessman.

Seems to me at this point like it's the opposite. Being a smart businessman means legally reducing your taxes.

• Like 1

Seems to me at this point like it's the opposite. Being a smart businessman means legally reducing your taxes.

What about the hundreds of millions of debt?

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

if his gross income is as low as it is said to be (that he's going in debt), I doubt that he can actually get away with this as a charitable deduction on his taxes.

You're so clueless about this it's painful talking with you. Trump didn't pay 0 in taxes because of charitable donations!

I think @admin_270 is just going to consistently defend Trump at every corner. He hasn't once attacked him, and he hasn't once defended Biden. This is pure spin. Amazon the company might not pay taxes, but it is assumed Jeff Bezos (the person) does. 

• Like 2

You're so clueless about this it's painful talking with you. Trump didn't pay 0 in taxes because of charitable donations!

It's his income. Perhaps explain it to me, this peasant who's so stupid who can't understand anything about taxes, why he shouldn't have paid any income taxes? Was it because he was losing so much money? How'd he get this many loopholes?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

If you have $200M in debt, and $3.2B in assets, do you know what you are? A Forbes-1000 billionaire.

And how much taxes does one owe in this situation? How much of it is personal income that is taxable?

Just now, vcczar said:

I think @admin_270 is just going to consistently defend Trump at every corner. He hasn't once attacked him, and he hasn't once defended Biden. This is pure spin. Amazon the company might not pay taxes, but it is assumed Jeff Bezos (the person) does. 

How in the world do you know how much in taxes Jeff Bezos pays? My guess is it's a lot less than you think it is.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Reducing your taxes by losing money doesn’t sound very smart to me.

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

It's his income. Perhaps explain it to me, this peasant who's so stupid who can't understand anything about taxes, why he shouldn't have paid any income taxes? Was it because he was losing so much money? How'd he get this many loopholes?

Very wealthy people often pay little in income taxes relative to their overall wealth. Haven't you listened to Bernie Sanders lately?

There are all sorts of ways to avoid paying taxes. Wealthy people often hire a team of tax consultants to minimize their tax loads.

• Like 1