270soft Forum

Justice Barrett Poll

Justice Barrett Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. By how much will Justice Barrett be confirmed?

• She'll get over 60 votes
    • She'll get less than 60 but over 53.
    • 53 votes
    • 52 votes
    • 51 votes
    • 50 votes (Pence breaks the tie)
    • She gets less than 50 votes; confirmation fails.
    • Her nomination will be withdrawn.
    • She will not see a vote (Merrick Garland treatment)
  2. 2. If Justice Barrett is confirmed, and the court is 6-3 Conservative, which of the following will happen?

• Roe v. Wade will be overturned.
    • Obamacare will be thrown out or otherwise destroyed.
    • Trump's taxes will never see the light of day.
    • Court will protect Trump from going on trial.
    • None of these will happen.
  3. 3. Is Justice Barrett's affiliation with the Religious Right an issue?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but I have faith that she'll be able to hold a secular office and judge without religious bias.
    • No, she'll be able to hold a secular office and judge without religious bias.
    • No, I support the Religious Right's use of "conservative Christian" values in government, even if some think it violates the separation of Church and State.
  4. 4. Will Democrats pack the courts or expand the courts if Biden wins?

• Yes.
    • No., because they won't get enough GOP votes and moderate Dem votes.
    • No., because many liberals in their own party won't even agree to that.
    • No., because it is just rhetoric.

I doubt Roberts and Kavanaugh have the grit to overturn Casey. ACA is probably in some trouble though.

Also, given that Gorsuch and Kavanaugh clearly have no issue ruling against Trump, neither will ACB. They’re all legal professionals.

• Thanks 1

When I say the ACA is in trouble, I could still see Kavanaugh bailing out because of precedent, I’d say 50% chance.

46 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

When I say the ACA is in trouble, I could still see Kavanaugh bailing out because of precedent, I’d say 50% chance.

Yeah, Kavanaugh gives a lot of emphasis on precedent. I think he’d be the deciding vote in another 5-4 decision, but I’m not completely certain on that. 

I’m 99% certain that this court won’t overturn Roe V. Wade. Again, Roberts and Kavanaugh would not vote to do so, and Barrett’s comments on abortion tend to deal more with who pays for it rather than the legal status of it. I think that there’s virtually no chance. 

1 minute ago, Herbert Hoover said:

Yeah, Kavanaugh gives a lot of emphasis on precedent. I think he’d be the deciding vote in another 5-4 decision, but I’m not completely certain on that. 

I’m 99% certain that this court won’t overturn Roe V. Wade. Again, Roberts and Kavanaugh would not vote to do so, and Barrett’s comments on abortion tend to deal more with who pays for it rather than the legal status of it. I think that there’s virtually no chance. 

I think a few could change simply because of the amount of pressure given upon them by pro-Life groups. I think Roberts and Kavanaugh wouldn't cave, but Barrett might because she already leans that way a little bit. Obviously, pro-choice groups would be just as in arms to oppose, so I'm not solid either way.