270soft Forum

How to make campaigns more unpredictable?

I am creating my own version of the 2024 presidential election. I like how it turned out, except for one thing- it has the same outcome every time. I want it to be about a 50/50 chance for either party to win, but I have not been able to simulate a single Republican victory (except against far-left Democrats). I tried narrowing the percentage margin in battleground states, changing issue positions for both states and candidates, and messing around with the percentage of undecided voters. No matter what I do, it always ends the same, almost down to the percentage of the popular vote.

So, my simple question is: how do I add a layer of unpredictability to the election? I want it to be possible for either side to win, and for either side to win big.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 8:01 AM, Vavent said:

I am creating my own version of the 2024 presidential election. I like how it turned out, except for one thing- it has the same outcome every time. I want it to be about a 50/50 chance for either party to win, but I have not been able to simulate a single Republican victory (except against far-left Democrats). I tried narrowing the percentage margin in battleground states, changing issue positions for both states and candidates, and messing around with the percentage of undecided voters. No matter what I do, it always ends the same, almost down to the percentage of the popular vote.

So, my simple question is: how do I add a layer of unpredictability to the election? I want it to be possible for either side to win, and for either side to win big.

Open edit scenario

Then go in regions and percentages by state for a party

In the percentages in state per party you can modify them for each state and reduce them